WDW Updates 7/31-8/6

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
I just got back from WDW last night and I had the best time ever!! It is hard to believe that I woke up yesterday at the Wilderness Lodge and drove 13.5 hours home. The Wilderness Lodge is the best resort I have ever stayed at. The cast members are wonderful and the place is very neat. Listed below are some of the things I noticed while I was on the trip...

-The Magic Kingdom guidemap still features Jack Sparrow on the cover
-There is a small refurbishment project going on near Peter Pan (across from the old skyway building near the bathrooms)
-Space Mountain broke down numerous times during my trip; recently Sunday night during EMH
-Only one side of the standings tower at the Tomorrowland Speedway was working
-The TTA broke down Friday night but was working the next day
-Buzz Lightyear had to make an emergency stop while I was on it; the scoreboard lost power and the guardrails came flying up around the spaceships

-At Epcot the Living With the Land CM's did a fairly decent job presenting the ride; I will be sad to see them replaced.
-Soarin' is still the best ride in the park.
-Test Track still has it's normal stoppage each day

-The Sounds Dangerous theater is in horrible shape! The seats are broken and they don't shoot water at you during the "elephant" scene.
-The sign in the alley of Rockin' Roller Coaster wasn't working at the end of last week
-The fountain outside of Muppet Vision 3D remains boarded up
-I have played my last game of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire:cry:
-Expedition Everest is a really neat ride!! The line was a consistent 80 minute wait

I had an excellent trip and I found a brand new Disney favorite...the turkey leg. For years I haven't tried one, but this year I broke the streak. The crowds weren't too big during the day. The cast members need to do a better job of enforcing the EMH wristbands and not let people who don't have them on the rides during the afterhours. For the most part, the Cast Members seemed to be doing a great job...the best I have seen them work in a long time!!! I hope this provides some useful information about the current happenings at Disney!!!

KnK

The Wilderness Lodge is the best resort I have ever stayed at.

I had an excellent trip and I found a brand new Disney favorite...the turkey leg. For years I haven't tried one, but this year I broke the streak.

We love the WL. We will be there a month from today! Yeah.

Yes, once ya have a turkey leg you get hooked. Took us several years to try one, cause it looks so funny.

darthjohnny

Yeah, the Jack Sparrow will probably remain on the cover of the park map for months to come, untill something new comes along, like the new show in front of the castle, which is replacing Cinderellabration.

jedimaster1227

Expedition Everest is a really neat ride!! The line was a consistent 80 minute wait

Well, 80 minutes seems a little long, but if that was from the Standby Wait Time Sign, I can tell you it was wrong. Two Thursdays ago, the sign was struck by lightning and hasn't been fixed since (since I went, which was on the 6th). The sign was stuck on 70 minutes for the entire time we were there (including 30 minutes before the park opening).

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
I also forgot to mention that the audio in both the Haunted Mansion and the Test Track were working great. The computer in Test Track that keeps the testing data worked the entire time the way it is supposed to on both times I went on the ride.

"...fixin' to get myself shot, I'll hightail it outta here. Go ahead if that's what ya wanta do. A long time ago I made me a rule...

dixiegirl

We love the WL. We will be there a month from today! Yeah.

Yes, once ya have a turkey leg you get hooked. Took us several years to try one, cause it looks so funny.

They are rather barbaric looking , But then you have a bite....ohh yeah...I can taste one now..last yaer my 5 year old wanted her own...well of course her father bought her one...she then asked" does'nt this come in another size"? Yes she's hooked as well!!!!

37 more days 9 hrs and 19 mins....till we get our turkey leg fix.....always a must during spectromagic!!

OOOH I just hit 1000 posts ...holy crap!!!!lol..
OOh look I'm A senior member...yeah me!!!

metscool

80 minutes is nothing compared to 110 almost 120 during EMH at AK. But other then that it sounds the same like when I was there 2 weeks ago. I wanted to take a picture of the Fountain. I always been tring to get a picture of the not so hidden Mickey there.

lcsrig

That's no fun. You can't ask questions. Memorex can't update everyone on the new plants that they are creating. I am not happy with this. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom