Trip Report WDW Trip #9 - 500 days of waiting (COMPLETED)

Hi all

So as of this evening, it became official. In a little over 500 days time, I will be embarking on my ninth WDW adventure. As with the previous eight trips, there's always something new to discover or something different to experience and I hope to document it here.

Alas, 500 days is a long time to wait, so I invite you all to experience my wait with me. And then, when the big day finally comes, I invite you all to share it with me via this thread.

The main focus of the trip will be on myself and my brother. After a lot of discussion, we ultimately decided on staying at CSR - a resort we have earmarked (no pun intended!) for a while. Our folks will be joining us on the trip, but they will be staying at POFQ.

Despite this being my ninth trip, no doubt I will have some questions along the way which I'm sure the seasoned WDW experts out there will be able to assist me with. Likewise, I'm always willing to impart my wisdom on those who may require it!

So sit back and enjoy. 500 days will pass in no time. I hope!

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
July 16, 2018 (56 days to go)

Despite not wanting to book too much in advance, we seem to have a load of Fastpasses for the first week, plus a dining reservation and the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Still, this leaves the second week for spontaneity!

In other news, based on recommendations, I've asked if we can get a room in the Casitas section of CSR. They can't guarantee, but I guess I'll find out in 8 weeks time!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
August 17, 2018 (24 days to go)

Not long to go now and soon I'll get my info pack in the post. Would be quite cool if it was today since it's my birthday today!

Anyway, I've recently developed an ear problem. I have a nurse appointment next week for them to take a look. I think it's just blocked and they need to get the goo out. That's certainly the case in the past. However, in the back of my mind, I have the worst case scenario which is that it's a bigger problem than anticipated and that they recommend against flying. Or worse - they insist I don't fly. It shouldn't come to that and I'll know more next week. The last thing I want is for this trip which I've been building up to for the past 16 months to be undone at this late stage.

LauraRose

August 17, 2018 (24 days to go)

Not long to go now and soon I'll get my info pack in the post. Would be quite cool if it was today since it's my birthday today!

Anyway, I've recently developed an ear problem. I have a nurse appointment next week for them to take a look. I think it's just blocked and they need to get the goo out. That's certainly the case in the past. However, in the back of my mind, I have the worst case scenario which is that it's a bigger problem than anticipated and that they recommend against flying. Or worse - they insist I don't fly. It shouldn't come to that and I'll know more next week. The last thing I want is for this trip which I've been building up to for the past 16 months to be undone at this late stage.

Happy birthday! Sorry you aren’t feeling great, fingers are crossed it’s nothing to stop your holiday, I’m sure you’ll be fine!! Sending some pixie dust your way!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Addendum: Well, my folks got their info pack today, but I didn't get mine (despite booking at the same time). Oh well, guess my Disney birthday present will come a bit later!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
August 18, 2018 (23 days to go)

Look what arrived today!

Attachments

• DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 260

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 09, 2018 (1 day to go)

This is it. After a little over 500 days of waiting we're pretty much there! We'll be heading off to the airport for an overnight stay later today. On that note, we've had the first minor technical hitch of the trip already. When I booked the airport hotel, I asked for two single beds. When I checked the reservation this morning, it said one double bed. So, I contacted the hotel and they've sorted it. We'll see once I get there later today.

Hopefully this will be the only technical hitch of the trip!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 10, 2018 (Day 1)

Good morning from a hotel just outside LGW. In about half an hour, we'll be heading to the airport proper and then the fun begins. We're due to arrive mid afternoon WDW time and despite the 9+ hour flight, we already have a FP planned for tonight - assuming we can stay awake!!

As this trip is now live, I will update the thread title.

See you later!

fractal

September 10, 2018 (Day 1)

Good morning from a hotel just outside LGW. In about half an hour, we'll be heading to the airport proper and then the fun begins. We're due to arrive mid afternoon WDW time and despite the 9+ hour flight, we already have a FP planned for tonight - assuming we can stay awake!!

As this trip is now live, I will update the thread title.

See you later!

Awesome! The long wait if over. Enjoy the trip!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Well Day 1 was largely a success. We've ended up in a newly refurbished room in Ranchos which appears to be away from most of the construction going on here at CSR.

We went to MK this evening and rode POTC, HM and our first FP of the trip; 7DMT. As we got to the Mine Train, the storm started rolling in, but we still got on the ride. Unfortunately, it meant that our departure from MK coincided with the start of the fireworks show and the rain and by the time we got to the bus stop, we had just missed one. We eventually got back to the resort, had some dinner and then returned to the room.

Now, as I've been awake for nearly 24 hours, I'm going to grab me done sleep so I can sync into the timezone. Tomorrow, we're hitting HS for afternoon FPs.

And yes, Lego Man has been at it already!

Attachments

• DSC_0071.JPG
    DSC_0071.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 261

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 11, 2018 (Day 2)

Our first full day in WDW took us to MK this morning where we decided to ride Peter Pan since the stand by time was a mere 40 minutes which we thought was pretty good. After that we bumped into our folks and we all rode Splash Mountain. We then went our separate ways since they had FPs. We wandered around eventually ending up stopping outside Cosmic Ray's for a rest and a drink before heading to Buzz Lightyear and then Space Mountain, both of which were good fun. Then we took in the Laugh Floor before heading back to CSR.

I'm now relaxing at CSR for a bit. Later on we have FPs for HS and then we might walk over to EPCOT for evening EMH.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
We went to HS. Before we entered the park proper, we had our picture taken with Minnie who was near the entrance. Then over to TSMM for our FP. I'm now 0-3 vs my brother on that ride!

After that, we checked out the Star Wars section and ended up with a meet and greet with Kylo Ren himself! That was pretty awesome. Then we rode Star Tours and then on to our second FP which was Twilight Zone. I had never ridden that ride before so I wasn't sure what to expect. But it was a lot of fun. Next, we had a FP for the Aerosmith roller coaster, but we decided not to ride it in the end because a) we were hungry and b) we didn't realise the ride went upside down and that was something that we weren't fussed about (I didn't mind but my brother wasn't keen at all)

So, after food, we walked to EPCOT where we rode Mission: Space, Soarin' and Spaceship Earth. We also got a feel for the crowd levels at the Food and Wine festival. It seemed busy but not overwhelming so.

Tomorrow we have an ADR for dinner which I'm looking forward to!

Fun fact: the meet and greets I did today are the first ones I've ever done!

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 12, 2018 (Day 3)

We decided on a slow, lazy morning today so we headed our to Disney Springs. We browsed the shops and had a go with the cupcake ATM at Sprinkles. We also browsed the Coca Cola store and went up to the bar at the top to take a look and see the views but didn't stop for a drink. (Note: if you ever ride the elevator there, hold your breath. For some reason, the lift smells really really bad)

After brunch at Chicken Guy (which I thought was pretty good), we walked around dome more before going to The VOID and having a go at the Star Wars experience. I have to say that the hyper reality experience was a lot of fun and highly recommended for any Star Wars fan.

We then headed back to CSR for a bit of a rest. Later on, we're off to EPCOT to meet our folks for our ADR at Coral Reef.

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Day 3 wrap up

We went over to EPCOT for our ADR at Coral Reef. On the way, we went to Spaceship Earth and met our folks for our Test Track FP.

Coral Reef was really good. I had the pork chop. The others in my party had shrimp and grits, steak and lobster mac and cheese.

After dinner (and almost leaving my camera behind at the restaurant) we rode Nemo and then headed to MK for evening EMH. We got there just as the fireworks were finishing so getting through the crowd was a bit of a mission. Once through, we went to Haunted Mansion and then Buzz Lightyear. By then, tiredness had caught up with us and so we headed back to CSR.

Tomorrow, we have an early start for the KTTK tour.

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 13, 2018 (Day 4)

We got up early this morning for the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It was very informative and interesting. The tour was five hours in duration and included backstage visits, lots of walking, a ride on Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion and lunch at Pecos Bill's.

Once the tour had finished, we got some sweet treats from the Main Street confectionery shop, we returned to the resort, got some drinks and returned to the room to enjoy our snacks while we figure out the plans for the rest of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom