Trip Report WDW Trip #9 - 500 days of waiting (COMPLETED)

Hi all

So as of this evening, it became official. In a little over 500 days time, I will be embarking on my ninth WDW adventure. As with the previous eight trips, there's always something new to discover or something different to experience and I hope to document it here.

Alas, 500 days is a long time to wait, so I invite you all to experience my wait with me. And then, when the big day finally comes, I invite you all to share it with me via this thread.

The main focus of the trip will be on myself and my brother. After a lot of discussion, we ultimately decided on staying at CSR - a resort we have earmarked (no pun intended!) for a while. Our folks will be joining us on the trip, but they will be staying at POFQ.

Despite this being my ninth trip, no doubt I will have some questions along the way which I'm sure the seasoned WDW experts out there will be able to assist me with. Likewise, I'm always willing to impart my wisdom on those who may require it!

So sit back and enjoy. 500 days will pass in no time. I hope!

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Day 4 wrap up

We decided to go to EPCOT and sample the delights of the food and wine festival. But first, we stopped off at Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land and Imagination. At the festival, I tried the duck bap from China and we shared the bacon and maple funnel cake. Then we headed back to CSR for a drink at the sports bar before getting an early night due to the fact that we were up early.

Tomorrow, it's Animal Kingdom.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 14, 2018 (Day 5)

Today, we had FPs for Animal Kingdom, but since they weren't until later in the day, we had breakfast at the resort then went on the first park bus. This bus led us to Hollywood Studios, where we took in Star Tours and Muppet Vision. Then we headed to Animal Kingdom.

At Animal Kingdom, we rode Dinosaur and then headed to the Safari for our first FP. After the Safari, we grabbed some lunch and much needed air conditioning. We walked through some of the trails and then to Flights of Passage for our second and final FP. I had purposely stayed away from ride videos and spoilers so I didn't know what to exoect. I think that made the experience even better as the ride blew me away.

After FOP, we returned to the resort for a break.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Day 5 wrap up

So, this evening, our folks met us at our resort where we had dinner, then we went to Winter Summerland for a round of mini golf. It was fun, but boy is it hot still. In fact, it's now 10pm and it's still 29C (84F)

We have no fixed plans for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 15, 2018 (Day 6)

This morning, we headed to EPCOT. On arrival, we headed to Mission: SPACE, which despite having a 15 minute wait, we were able to get straight on. Then, we intended to go to Test Track, but it was closed, so we grabbed a snack at Taste Track nearby instead. Then, we went to Nemo and then walked around the World Showcase, stopping off at the Mexico ride and the Japan shop. We tried Test Track again but it was still closed so we had lunch at Electric Umbrella then as the park was getting busy and it was also getting hot, we headed back to the resort for a rest.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
Day 6 wrap up

After a rest at the resort, we headed to MK. First stop was Monsters Inc. I actually appeared on the big screen during the show! After that we rode the Peoplemover and then had dinner at Pinocchio Haus where our folks joined us. After dinner, we walked around the park for a bit but then decided to head back to the resort for a drink at the bar.

Tomorrow's plan involves a trip to Tampa for a baseball game.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 16, 2018 (Day 7)

Today, we headed to Tampa for a baseball game vs the Oakland As. But first, we stopped by Cracker Barrel for breakfast which was nice. The game was good as well. On the way back from the game, we stopped by Publix for some supplies.

Upon returning to the resort, we discovered that the toilet in our room had spring a leak. Long story short, it wasn't instantly fixable, so we got moved to another room; this time in Casitas. By the time our room relocation was complete, it was too late to go to a park or do anything else, so we grabbed dinner at El Centro and then returned to the room to relax.

winstongator

September 14, 2018 (Day 5)

Today, we had FPs for Animal Kingdom, but since they weren't until later in the day, we had breakfast at the resort then went on the first park bus. This bus led us to Hollywood Studios, where we took in Star Tours and Muppet Vision. Then we headed to Animal Kingdom.

At Animal Kingdom, we rode Dinosaur and then headed to the Safari for our first FP. After the Safari, we grabbed some lunch and much needed air conditioning. We walked through some of the trails and then to Flights of Passage for our second and final FP. I had purposely stayed away from ride videos and spoilers so I didn't know what to exoect. I think that made the experience even better as the ride blew me away.

After FOP, we returned to the resort for a break.
I've heard this, 'going on the first bus', called 'Bus Bingo'. I have done it a couple times with my daughters. They really enjoy it.

Having ridden FOP, would you wait 2 hrs for it?

winstongator

September 16, 2018 (Day 7)

Today, we headed to Tampa for a baseball game vs the Oakland As. But first, we stopped by Cracker Barrel for breakfast which was nice. The game was good as well. On the way back from the game, we stopped by Publix for some supplies.

Upon returning to the resort, we discovered that the toilet in our room had spring a leak. Long story short, it wasn't instantly fixable, so we got moved to another room; this time in Casitas. By the time our room relocation was complete, it was too late to go to a park or do anything else, so we grabbed dinner at El Centro and then returned to the room to relax.
Are you a baseball fan? How was the game? Tampa's stadium isn't the best representation of MLB ballparks.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
I've heard this, 'going on the first bus', called 'Bus Bingo'. I have done it a couple times with my daughters. They really enjoy it.

Having ridden FOP, would you wait 2 hrs for it?

We used to do "bus bingo" a lot as we prefer to make our days up as we go along. FP+ has sort of ruined that really.

FOP is good, but I wouldn't wait 2 hours for it. Don't think there's anything in the park I'd wait that long for.

winstongator

We used to do "bus bingo" a lot as we prefer to make our days up as we go along. FP+ has sort of ruined that really.

FOP is good, but I wouldn't wait 2 hours for it. Don't think there's anything in the park I'd wait that long for.
I like to break the days up, one park in the morning, break, different park in the evening. So for one we'd have the chance to play bus bingo without impacting our FP.

I waited 2hrs 15min my first ride on FoP. I needed a break and would have stood anywhere. After the ride, I thought that this is the only ride at WDW I'd wait anywhere near that long. We got stuck 5 minutes from boarding 7DMT during a thunderstorm. My daughter and I waited around an hour at that point, and an hour up to that point. After 2 hrs she said, 'dad, it's ok, we can leave'.
I do like baseball and we did go to Tampa last time we came to WDW. The game itself was pretty fun, despite the Rays almost giving it away at the end!

I've been to two other ballparks; Fenway and Citizens Bank Park.
Fenway is cool. A step back in time. I've been to a lot more minor league & spring training parks than MLB parks. For a little while longer at least, the Braves train at the ESPN sports complex at WDW. During a trip to Phoenix this March, I went to a couple cactus league games.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 17, 2018 (Day 8)

This morning, we headed off property to go on an airboat ride which was pretty good fun. After the ride, we stopped at a Mexican restaurant for lunch, then headed over to the Florida Mall for some retail therapy. By the time we had finished there, it was getting on in the afternoon and our folks had an evening FP to get to, so they dropped us at our resort. After refreshing at the resort, we played bus bingo and ended up at MK. Here, we rode Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Aladdin before heading back to the resort just as the fireworks were finishing.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 18, 2018 (Day 9)

We had a FP for the Navi River ride so we headed to Animal Kingdom first thing. Before getting on the ride, we grabbed a small breakfast. The ride was pretty good I thought. Then we headed to Hollywood Studios and watched the Indiana Jones show, rode Star Tours and had lunch. Then we returned to the resort for a little while and then headed to Disney Springs to meet our folks. Before we met, we browsed the shops and then once we did meet, we went to Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner. Unfortunately, I was coming down with a really bad headache so we abandoned our plans to go to EPCOT for EMH and instead returned to the resort where I had an early night.

I'm pleased to say that I'm feeling a lot better this morning.

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 20, 2018 (Day 10)

Today was our last full day, so we intended to make the most of it. First stop, EPCOT. We rode Test Track as single riders, and since the live was short, we rode it again immediately afterwards (well, after designing cars in the post show). I designed what I intended to be the worst possible car, but it turned out to be a pretty good car.

After TT, we rode Mission: SPACE and then Soarin. We then grabbed a bite to eat at Sunshine Seasons.

Next, we hit World Showcase. We enjoyed some Belgian Waffles in the Belgium part, and I tried a chicken teriyaki bun at Japan. Both were delicious. We also went to seethe American Adventure which I had not seen before. Then we headed to Mexico to thee the Caballeros ride. We then headed to the exit via Spaceship Earth and then back to the resort.

After a break at the resort, we headed out to Disney Springs for some souvenir shopping, food and drink. We had dinner at D-Lux burger and a beer at Paradiso 37. We returned to the resort to drop off our stuff, then went to MK for EMH. Our first stop was another all new experience for me; Astro Orbiter. Then we met our folks briefly and rode TTA and Buzz together before they headed off. Meanwhile, we rode the teacups, then HM and finally POTC, stopping for churros on the way. On returning to the resort, I printed our boarding passes for tomorrow and then returned to the room for the final night's sleep.

winstongator

September 20, 2018 (Day 10)
After a break at the resort, we headed out to Disney Springs for some souvenir shopping, food and drink. We had dinner at D-Lux burger and a beer at Paradiso 37. We returned to the resort to drop off our stuff, then went to MK for EMH. Our first stop was another all new experience for me; Astro Orbiter. Then we met our folks briefly and rode TTA and Buzz together before they headed off. Meanwhile, we rode the teacups, then HM and finally POTC, stopping for churros on the way. On returning to the resort, I printed our boarding passes for tomorrow and then returned to the room for the final night's sleep.
How’d you like the burgers at D-luxe?

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
I forgot to mention. Our Plane to Pirates time (that is, the time from seat belt lights off on the plane to boarding the first ride which is usually POTC) was 3 hours 41 minutes - just a few minutes longer than the previous trip which was 3 hours 33 minutes (though that was to SSE instead of POTC)

The Mighty Tim

Original Poster
September 20, 2018 (Day 11)

After checking out of the resort, we headed to EPCOT for our final morning at WDW. We hit Test Track, then Soarin and then grabbed an early lunch at Electric Umbrella. We then had a final look around Mouse Gear before meeting our folks at Mexico. We rode the Mexico ride and then SSE and headed to our respective resorts.

I'm now waiting for the DME which is due to depart in about 35 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom