WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Beacon Joe

My favorite scheme was people who had say 6 people in a group but only 2 or 3 FP+s. They would send the kids in first and then argue and plead to let them in since their kids were already well into the line.

I saw a group pulling that one at the Mine Train this Spring. The cast members held fast and the whole group quickly turned away and muttered crap. People in the line were mocking them for their obvious scam.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear that particular scam is common. People...

ETA: In other news, am I the only person that didn't know that you could reuse the magic bands and tie them to subsequent reservations? I have a stack sitting here.

tissandtully

I saw a group pulling that one at the Mine Train this Spring. The cast members held fast and the whole group quickly turned away and muttered crap. People in the line were mocking them for their obvious scam.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear that particular scam is common. People...

ETA: In other news, am I the only person that didn't know that you could reuse the magic bands and tie them to subsequent reservations? I have a stack sitting here.
All magic bands you get are tied to your account, you don't have to do anything again to reuse them, all of them will just work.

andysol

No kidding, I have a drawer full of tickets, passes, and keys to the world that I never thought to use to exploit Disney's FP+ system because I'm not a thief.
Doing this wouldn't make you a thief- just an entitled a-hole

I saw that thread on dis this morning, holy 133 pages of entitlement. I'm definitely not reading it, but hopefully Disney is.
DIS is the worst. We might be callous and jaded over here a lot of the time- but the majority of those DIS users are just entitled little children that are adult age. They are as stereotypical of what's wrong with our generation as you can get.

Last edited:

lnsemsf

All magic bands you get are tied to your account, you don't have to do anything again to reuse them, all of them will just work.

They will work for certain things. The batteries die quickly (I've never had one make even 18 months and I have had 6) and without the battery anything requiring long range won't work. No photos or on ride video will be automatically added and you won't see your name or other info appear in the ride monitors.

Kingoglow

I have bought a couple of magic bands during my visits to the parks. If I had known that I could carry them out to the kiosks and book some fastpasses that day, I am pretty sure that I would have done it. $25.00 for 3 more fastpasses and a stylized magic band sounds okay by me.

Knowing that I would have done this, I can see how something like this could get out of hand.

MinnieWaffles

Doing this wouldn't make you a thief- just an entitled a-hole

DIS is the worst. We might be callous and jaded over here a lot of the time- but the majority of those DIS users are just entitled little children that are adult age. They are as stereotypical of what's wrong with our generation as you can get.

We may be callous and jaded- but you can at least have an adult conversation here without someone going crying to the moderators because someone was meaaaaan to them. -sad smilies here-

nickys

Premium Member
Just seen a post in another forum from someone who had fastpasses removed and her MDE account was flagged. GS appears to have unflagged it, but she is waiting to see if her account is locked overnight.

GS also warned that after a certain number of attempts (to make or use, not clear), thought to be 2, the fps will be removed. After an unknown number of attempts the account will be locked. And that GS can only unlock an account once, after that it is permanently blocked from booking fast passes. (That bit may be bluff ;)).

Btw, I was confused by the post. She talked about GLFP and day-of CPFP. Her GLFPs were removed, I assume those are the booked using unused tickets....?

Tried to cut and paste but failed. Stupid iPad :(.

MaximumEd

If people are creating throwaway MDE accounts, then what do they care if the account is locked? Don't see how this will stop it, unless I don't understand the process(es).

nickys

Premium Member
If people are creating throwaway MDE accounts, then what do they care if the account is locked? Don't see how this will stop it, unless I don't understand the process(es).

I don't think she created another MDE account. She booked fps for another person on her family and friends list using an unused ticket that would never be used, and then tried to use it. Since they're on her MDE account and didn't enter the park, all the fps she had booked for that day for people not in the park were removed.

RSoxNo1

Just seen a post in another forum from someone who had fastpasses removed and her MDE account was flagged. GS appears to have unflagged it, but she is waiting to see if her account is locked overnight.

GS also warned that after a certain number of attempts (to make or use, not clear), thought to be 2, the fps will be removed. After an unknown number of attempts the account will be locked. And that GS can only unlock an account once, after that it is permanently blocked from booking fast passes. (That bit may be bluff ;)).

Btw, I was confused by the post. She talked about GLFP and day-of CPFP. Her GLFPs were removed, I assume those are the booked using unused tickets....?

Tried to cut and paste but failed. Stupid iPad :(.
GLFP?

nickys

Premium Member
Aha! A search of a certain other board elicited the following:

"We call these GLFP - Generator linked fastpass, because they are generated by the presence of a linked ticket; these can be made in advance......"

You know what? Until last week I had no idea about any of this. Then the news they were closing the loophole broke and the more I see the more I realise the lengths some people go to in order to gain that "advantage". Even if I had known about it, I don't have the patience or the time, or even the inclination, to learn all this! I'll just stick to 3 pre-booked fastpasses. ;)

Retroman40

They're pretty tough over at the 7DMT for good reason. The CM's must have some good backing from their management to hang tough. Over in Frontierland (where I worked) the management was (is) pretty spineless and if a CM really put their foot down they would probably get a lecture about the need to be sensitive to guest needs or some bs like that.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
They're pretty tough over at the 7DMT for good reason. The CM's must have some good backing from their management to hang tough. Over in Frontierland (where I worked) the management was (is) pretty spineless and if a CM really put their foot down they would probably get a lecture about the need to be sensitive to guest needs or some bs like that.

Lesson #1 in Management School - back your employees unless they did something illegal, inappropriate or against company policy. Loyalty is a two-way street - can't expect employee loyalty if you won't do the same.

MaximumEd

I'd love to see some numbers on how many FPs are eaten up at MK on any given day by people gaming the system. Must have gotten way out of control for WDW management to stop it.

RSoxNo1

I'd love to see some numbers on how many FPs are eaten up at MK on any given day by people gaming the system. Must have gotten way out of control for WDW management to stop it.
Keep in mind this is a company that spent money to stop people from getting too much refillable soda, so it's also possible the problem wasn't big at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom