WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

brb1006

The discussion on the good bye sign reminds me of a visit I had a decade ago...

After having spent a full long, hot July day at MK and while leaving in the post-firework crush down main street, I'm thinking why did I subject my family to this? As we approach the train station, there's Mickey Mouse and 2 smiling CMs (each with Mickey hands) waving bye to the crowd from up on the train station. Weirdly, that melt my heart - that Disney would care to do that, at the end of the day and it turned around how I felt. Some one at Disney understood how small goodwill actions impact return intentions.
I remember in the mid 2000's Mickey would be spotted on Main Street Station waving and wishing guests goodbye before the Magic Kingdom closes. I remember seeing this back in 2004 as I left the Magic Kingdom. Does Mickey still do this nowadays?

Here's footage from 2009

Last edited:

admiralDax

Nope, you have to go out World Drive past the auto/bus plaza and use the new lanes to circle back to the MK lot.
For the time being. As I understand it, once they move the parking lot exit lanes further east, they will provide (a) booth(s) directly from Floridian Way. Did I hear this incorrectly ?

*Q*

I’m also concerned that I haven’t seen ANYTHING about building new gateway arches for this entrance. (Or for that matter, the Disney Springs parking garage ramp direct from I-4) Has the gateway program been abandoned? @marni1971 ? Anyone?
I was thinking that last month. Leaving property via the widened Epcot Center Drive there’s no longer any goodbye or even a gatepost as you exit.
Maybe they have something new in mind for the 50th?

cjkeating

I remember in the mid 2000's Mickey would be spotted on Main Street Station waving and wishing guests goodbye tbefore Magic Kingdom closes. I remember seeing this back in 2004 as I left the Magic Kingdom. Does Mickey still do this nowadays?

Here's footage from 2009

I've never heard of this in recent years so I would guess no.

Disneyland Paris do this during anniversary years.

JoeCamel

I don’t believe that is the plan.
Nor do I. Think there will be a CM entrance to the lots but not for the GP. When they load the lots in the morning it is very helpful to only have one stream in for least staff needed and efficiency and having the few medical permits going to the disabled parking early in the stream.

maxairmike

Entrance signs were great about 10 years ago. Now every visitor just has to take a picture of the sign as they drive by. Or just stop in the road. Thanks Instagram.....

Yep, I'd much prefer they just go to simple green road signs that say "Now entering Reedy Creek Improvement District" and just get rid of the arches. If they want to leave something more obvious on the exit sides of the roads, that would be fine and makes sense, but the entrance arches are accident causing distractions. I've seen multiple people either slow to a crawl or completely stop in the travel lanes for pictures.

brb1006

I've never heard of this in recent years so I would guess no.

Disneyland Paris do this during anniversary years.
If they discontinued it, then it's a shame. I loved seeing suprised guests reactions when they see Mickey waving goodbye and talking to them as they were leaving the park. I miss the little things like that, I think that used to happen at random since I didn't see that in 2006.

mmouse

Any updates or expected completion date? Few months back it looked like they were focusing more time to the project and progress was being made.

peter11435

It would honestly feel a little weird having an arch back there. It’s right next to CM parking and most entering are locals anyway so an arch would seem a bit unnecessary.
I think it would need to be in the wooded area after cast parking and then wouldn’t seem to weird.

I’m not sure I can agree that locals aren’t deserving of an entrance arch though. Not to mention with GPS many guests are now finding their way to that entrance also.

Next Big Thing

I think it would need to be in the wooded area after cast parking and then wouldn’t seem to weird.

I’m not sure I can agree that locals aren’t deserving of an entrance arch though. Not to mention with GPS many guests are now finding their way to that entrance also.
Hey I’m one of those locals. It’s just the way I see it.

mmouse

I imagine it has to be close to opening. Drove by a few weeks ago and it was paved and there was a stop sign in the cast parking area that was covered up and a traffic light (not tuned on yet) where it meets the existing Floridian way. Looking forward to this.

*Q*

It would honestly feel a little weird having an arch back there. It’s right next to CM parking and most entering are locals anyway so an arch would seem a bit unnecessary.

Once it opens, I bet navigation apps will start directing a ton of people to that entrance from the 429 southbound.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom