WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

Lensman

They don't care, they already have your money so why spend more to wave you off?
I know you love Disney Martin but the company has changed IMO.
Well, to evoke a feeling of departure and encourage a return visit? Or for offsite visitors to emphasize the "bubble" and to make people who "want to belong" want to stay onsite next time?

The company may be more bottom line oriented, but that doesn't mean they've abandoned their psychology-manipulating roots. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They don't care, they already have your money so why spend more to wave you off?
I know you love Disney Martin but the company has changed IMO.

I would agree. It’s so minor...but when your goal is short term stock growth - everything is red lined without preface.
Well, to evoke a feeling of departure and encourage a return visit? Or for offsite visitors to emphasize the "bubble" and to make people who "want to belong" want to stay onsite next time?

The company may be more bottom line oriented, but that doesn't mean they've abandoned their psychology-manipulating roots. :)

That is the wrong mentality. That was (I hate saying this so often) the Eisner mentality.

That is not the iger mentality. It’s all the short term.

I’m trying to figure how it got there...but 2007-2010 ish is what I’m zeroed in on.

The old Disney is gone forever.

JoeCamel

I really don't think they care any longer about that

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Is there any expected date to completion of the piece from Reams Rd to Floridian way so you no longer come in off reams road and have to follow the traffic to the left and then meander over to Floridian Way. In the aerial pic it sure looks like paved dirt as opposed to a paved road :) This just became a bigger deal for my family as we decided to by some property "up north".
It should be done by Spring 2019.

It’s actually a huge deal for everyone living up there, mainly because it won’t need to close during perimeter fireworks.

Lensman

There no ROI in a sign of good-bye...
Just to be precise, are we talking about the post on the right here that's missing? (photo from 2010)
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 6.45.48 AM.png

If so, then I take back what I said about the feeling of departure. I'm not sure that post was all that effective. I was (mistakenly) thinking there was a whole entranceway like there is on the entrance half of Epcot Center Drive. They didn't remove that, did they?

The big entrance gateway still seems to be there in Google Street View from 2016. Whew!
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 7.02.50 AM.png

Apologies for the mixup.

peter11435

Just to be precise, are we talking about the post on the right here that's missing? (photo from 2010)
View attachment 320569

If so, then I take back what I said about the feeling of departure. I'm not sure that post was all that effective. I was (mistakenly) thinking there was a whole entranceway like there is on the entrance half of Epcot Center Drive. They didn't remove that, did they?

The big entrance gateway still seems to be there in Google Street View from 2016. Whew!
View attachment 320570

Apologies for the mixup.
Correct. The entrance arch is still there, they just never replaced the exit gate post and signage that was removed for the widening.

halltd

It was more than just a post. It was two posts with a big sign in the middle. I believe that one was Donald and it had a message similar to "see ya real soon" on it. It's not effective in that Street View shot, but it was while driving.

Tom Morrow

I think that every entrance road onto WDW property should have at least some kind of sign, it doesn't have to be a huge archway for the smaller roads. A large number of guests enter WDW property from 192 through Sherberth Road (because they follow their GPS rather than posted signs), and they see no welcome sign. You wouldn't think so, but many people struggle to grasp the concept that WDW is a huge sprawling property, which is why they end up thinking that Universal is part of Disney and such. The entrance and exit signs help re-enforce that Disney is, in fact, a huge "bubble" from the real world.

toeknee

The discussion on the good bye sign reminds me of a visit I had a decade ago...

After having spent a full long, hot July day at MK and while leaving in the post-firework crush down main street, I'm thinking why did I subject my family to this? As we approach the train station, there's Mickey Mouse and 2 smiling CMs (each with Mickey hands) waving bye to the crowd from up on the train station. Weirdly, that melt my heart - that Disney would care to do that, at the end of the day and it turned around how I felt. Some one at Disney understood how small goodwill actions impact return intentions.

TimeTrip

It should be done by Spring 2019.

It’s actually a huge deal for everyone living up there, mainly because it won’t need to close during perimeter fireworks.

Interesting. I figured the west side launch would still be close to the new route. Does anyone have a quick link for a map of perimeter launch locations?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom