WDW to Build New North Entrance to Property

mj2v

I doubt the troopers will be glad. Typically, that is an OT/off duty gig, probably paid for by Disney.

Just like the troopers who monitor construction on the roads. They are typically off duty and getting paid well.

wdw71fan

Work should begin within the next week or so in the area behind Disney University. Not sure of specifics yet.
Drainage and infrastructure work has gone crazy around DU in the last week...

FYI.. Property Control and Cast Connection demolition has begun in earnest... Cast Connection warehouse is the only structure remaining, and it looks like it's not long for this world.. All of the other retired vehicles, etc have been relocated

roj2323

Drainage and infrastructure work has gone crazy around DU in the last week...

FYI.. Property Control and Cast Connection demolition has begun in earnest... Cast Connection warehouse is the only structure remaining, and it looks like it's not long for this world.. All of the other retired vehicles, etc have been relocated

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Well I live here and travel this way daily for work and we enter MK this way at least once every two weeks so it's no "long shot".. It's a direct shot from 429, 4 lane road more than 1/2 the way and 45 MPH speed limit (I know what u mean by crawling through Windermere but this can be avoided).. If someone were to be going straight to Grand Floridian from any east coast state (95-I-4) it is my "opinion" that going this way, even as the roads are today, would save at least 10-15 minutes of travel time.. Yes it would mean leaving I-4 to access 429 (which can be accomplished without the 408), sorry I wasn't clear on that part..and they already have plenty of "direct feeders" from I-4, this IMO will be built to eliminate the daily FHP traffic directors, that's the purpose this will serve, but I stand by my statement that if constructed just like the Western Beltway entrance it will get plenty of traffic from MK resort guests (and locals and employees which are a given)
I would agree actually. The new development has drastically improved access.

MarkTwain

I think if this new North Entrance is constructed like the Western Way entrance it may end up being very popular with guests traveling from the northeast (I-95/I-4) to Magic Kingdom resorts as it would save some travel time and distance.. I can't see how this could be "out of the way" if staying at CR/Poly/GF/WL

We drove in during Christmas week from Ocala to our villa at BLT, and we were surprised to see that our GPS actually told us we could save several minutes by driving in through the north entrance. It certainly beat driving south to one of the more southern entrances and then having to double back north again.

This was likely only because we were staying at BLT, but may also have been due to holidays traffic on Apopka-Vineland.

wdw71fan

You're putting your personal safety ahead of our desire for information!? You need to get your priorities in order. ;)

I know.. what the heck am I thinking?! :)... To be honest it's not that exciting.. Bunch of drainage pipes and piles of dirt outside Disney U, and a pile a rubble formerly know as Cast Connection ;).. If I can get a couple of quick pics this week I will :)

Grumpy1973

We drove in during Christmas week from Ocala to our villa at BLT, and we were surprised to see that our GPS actually told us we could save several minutes by driving in through the north entrance. It certainly beat driving south to one of the more southern entrances and then having to double back north again.

This was likely only because we were staying at BLT, but may also have been due to holidays traffic on Apopka-Vineland.
Thanks for the GPS confirmation, I would say CR, GF, Poly, and WL would be the only ones to benefit..so maybe I should change my previous statement that drivers from 95-4 would benefit to drivers from 75 would benefit (although without actually driving it i can't prove anything but in my mind I still feel like this entrance will benefit I95 drivers as well)

Last edited:

wdw71fan

FYI, Cast Connection is now a pile of rubble too.. All buildings on that side of the parking lot have been leveled. Still no pictures, but in my defense, I was driving last night ,and it was dark! :)

TimeTrip

Thanks for the GPS confirmation, I would say CR, GF, Poly, and WL would be the only ones to benefit..so maybe I should change my previous statement that drivers from 95-4 would benefit to drivers from 75 would benefit (although without actually driving it i can't prove anything but in my mind I still feel like this entrance will benefit I95 drivers as well)
I'm definitely with you on the i-75/turnpike areas. A dedicated entrance that doesn't meander through cast members walking about, stop signs and lights will be gravy.

I do wonder if they'll go back to enforcing employment for those roads once the new entrance is built.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
FYI, Cast Connection is now a pile of rubble too.. All buildings on that side of the parking lot have been leveled. Still no pictures, but in my defense, I was driving last night ,and it was dark! :)

I assume it's these two buildings?

Capture.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i understand roughly where this north entrance is going but what roadway is disney planning on using for guest flow to TTC?

Their intention is to eventually connect this new entrance to Floridan Way. One of the permits for the current work mentions this, but nothing has actually been filed yet for connection to the existing Floridian Way.

maxairmike

i understand roughly where this north entrance is going but what roadway is disney planning on using for guest flow to TTC?

A new road that will go around the small electric/pump pad beyond the newer CM lot and connect to Floridian Way roughly where it curves to the south. I imagine Floridian Way will be expanded before it is connected, and hopefully the Seven Seas Dr. intersection modified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom