WDW Ticket Prices

ILOVEDISNEY

I bought 3 10-day PH NE in 2011 for $530 something; yesterday Disney wanted $800 something and the CM swore NE being eliminated was just a long time rumor, and she knew nothing about any price increase on Sunday. This was coming from a supervisor at DD Guest Relations. Lie and lie. I made a big mistake not buying 3 yesterday, but now it's Disney's loss as I've had enough. BTW, I am a Disney stockholder and enjoy the increased stock prices and the reinvested dividends, but Disney is just shooting itself in the foot if it thinks Frozen is going to carry the day for several more years. I guess charging for FP+ is next; just touch your MagicBand/RFID Card to the terminal and $5.99 plus tax, of course, will be deducted from your credit card on file!!! Disney should know by now that those black clouds on the horizon always bring storms.

Last edited:

asianway

Nope. How about fill those voids and closed attractions in the parks to actually justify their price hikes. I believe I'm not the only one that thinks this.

But a $5-$6 per day increase for 1 ticket?

I went to Epcot on February 12th and was blocked out because of "non payment." But my payment is scheduled for the 13th of each month. So I was sent to a long line at Guest Services to figure it out. Well, since that weekend had 2 holidays (Valentine's Day on the 14th and Presidents Day on the 16th) I was told by Guest Services that Disney tapped into my bank account 2 days before my scheduled payment to grab my money before the weekend. REALLY? And now they raise the price of Florida AP's another $44. :mad:
Ummm that's a load of hooey. Valentines Day isn't a holiday that affects any type of financial transactions

Rescue Ranger

The positive for me in this is I hope it helps weed out "those" guests. Even if just a minor few, it will help.
Not to be harsh, but that could be one less family that walks around the resort with no regard for other people, tossing their trash wherever they want to, treating areas/details like a punching bag, etc. Drives me crazy to see things damaged or being damaged with zero respect. I don't get why these people even bother visiting.

Glad I got my tickets from UT a month ago for my late April trip!

wdizneew

Just for those who are curious, I called the New Tickets & Special Events line and a 10 day park hopper with no-expiration is $803 w/ tax. The guy said no-expiration costs $360. I also talked to another lady who said she knew nothing about no-expiration going away or a price hike happening tomorrow...

The price hike is outrageous but I'll just visit Disney during the off season so I can reap all the benefits of low crowds and short lines.

WDWFan_Boston

The positive for me in this is I hope it helps weed out "those" guests. Even if just a minor few, it will help.
Not to be harsh, but that could be one less family that walks around the resort with no regard for other people, tossing their trash wherever they want to, treating areas/details like a punching bag, etc. Drives me crazy to see things damaged or being damaged with zero respect. I don't get why these people even bother visiting.

Glad I got my tickets from UT a month ago for my late April trip!

It's a good thing that the poor huddled masses are the only guests that are slovenly and inconsiderate. The well-heeled always treat their surroundings, including other guests, with respect and dignity.

That's certainly not harsh, just stereotypical. :banghead:

note2001

It's a good thing that the poor huddled masses are the only guests that are slovenly and inconsiderate. The well-heeled always treat their surroundings, including other guests, with respect and dignity.

That's certainly not harsh, just stereotypical. :banghead:

Reading the comment you responded to, I was thinking "this person has not seen the BMW, Mercedes and Lexus drivers of Massachusetts, has he/she?" :rolleyes:
Yes, the wealthy are so well behaved... Bwaaahahaha

Rescue Ranger

Has nothing to do with rich/poor. Where did I mention that?
I meant it simply as the increases might turn some casual guests off visiting.
I'd like to think the more hardcore visitors such as ourselves, would not be the ones assaulting the resort.

Mike S

My AP expired in November and I won't be going back until either sometime in the spring/summer or even as late as this November. Would it have made sense for me to renew with the renewal price? I don't really think so, especially since I was saving all my money for my trip to Disneyland.

NearTheEars

I'm very interested in seeing what the Fla. AP renewal rate will be. We upgraded to premium this year, but have only gone to a Blizzard Beach and Disney Quest once so far. So we're likely going to drop back down to the base Fla. AP. We go a lot, so even with the price hike there's plenty of value for us.

But if they ever eliminate the free parking, we are out.

cosmicray

Tried to look at prices one last time before they shoot up. Was able to screenshot Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot one-day prices before they shoot up today. Hollywood Studios brought me to a page with Goofy stating that maintenance was going on the page at the moment (wink wink). Take one last sad look at the prices before that $100 barrier is surpassed :cry:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Jeffxz

The new DVC AP Prices are up on the DVC site.

2015:
AP New: 529+tax Renew: 449+tax
PAP New: 649+tax Renew: 549+tax

For Reference, 2014:
AP New: 485+tax Renew: 409+tax
PAP New: 605+tax Renew: 509+tax

Kman101

I have to LOL at WFTV still saying "$99" for Epcot, AK, DHS.

But to be fair, with tax, ALL parks are technically over that $100 barrier. Epcot, DHS and AK are not worth that. Magic Kingdom, sure, I guess. They have invested in the park. The hub, the new Fantasyland. AK has been investing in the park and will get an expansion two years from now (LMAO at that).

I don't think it would hurt them to skip a year every now and then. They should have just sided with Disneyland and said no and wait a year to raise prices.

No, $5 here and there isn't a ton of money (but it can add up) and if $5 is really a tipping point, as Dave has said, you probably shouldn't be going.

Are they doing away (or have they?) with the weekday annual pass? Yeah, you can't go on weekends and there are blackout dates (I wouldn't typically set foot in the parks during those blocked times anyway) so it's the perfect pass for me and with paying monthly, it's absolutely affordable.

But, they rise them because they can. We all know this. I do think I see them starting to price out some folks. It's not quite here yet, but there IS going to be that tipping point.

I also have to roll my eyes at them getting rid of non expiration (but I can understand). And I also have to laugh at the water park seasonal pricing. It's nice I guess you can now visit both parks with a water park ticket. That's always how it should have been. I personally find the waterparks to be overpriced.

I'm shocked parking wasn't increased. That right there is what annoys me the most. Parking shouldn't be nearly $20.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom