WDW Ticket Prices

ryguy

I still believe WDW wants to decrease the number of annual passes or passes of a long length. Seems like 5-7 days is their magic number and pushed heavy. All other tickets are being tweaked all the time and never in a good way for the consumer.

I went ahead and bought a Uni season pass this year. I really have no interest in the Disney parks since nothing is new, I do like their water parks, but they don't add anything new to those either.

wogwog

Look how many people on this forum alone say their done haha (which I don't believe most are done). From a business stand point, what is their actual reason for increasing prices? I'm sure their reasoning isn't just "we want more money and we know you'll spend it".
For your enjoyment, the Disney answer to your question of the real reason for increasing prices. An acquaintance cast member sent be the internal announcement to cast today as a suggested answer to guests who ask a similar question.

"Effective February 22, ticket prices at Walt Disney World Resort will increase.

A day at a Disney Park is unlike any other in the world, and there is strong demand for our attractions and entertainment. We continually add new experiences, and many of our Guests select multiday tickets or annual passes, which provide a great value and additional savings.'

So That is the only reason Disney needs I suppose. :bored:

Mike S

I still believe WDW wants to decrease the number of annual passes or passes of a long length. Seems like 5-7 days is their magic number and pushed heavy. All other tickets are being tweaked all the time and never in a good way for the consumer.

I went ahead and bought a Uni season pass this year. I really have no interest in the Disney parks since nothing is new, I do like their water parks, but they don't add anything new to those either.
Why would they want less of their most loyal customers though? Sure, the families who come on that once in a lifetime trip most likely spend much more in one shot than we do, but how much do you think some of us have spent, in total, in our 10, 20, 30, or even 40 years of going to Disney World? Maybe I'm just crazy but I think the most loyal customers should be rewarded somehow, not given the shaft.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why would they want less of their most loyal customers though? Sure, the families who come on that once in a lifetime trip most likely spend much more in one shot than we do, but how much do you think some of us have spent, in total, in our 10, 20, 30, or even 40 years of going to Disney World? Maybe I'm just crazy but I think the most loyal customers should be rewarded somehow, not given the shaft.

Because TWDC right now is captured by short term thinking, All they see is the one shot customer spending lots of bucks which looks good on the quarterly's - forgetting about the long term customer who spends MUCH more cash over years and decades. But you cant put that in an earnings statement.

It will backfire big time, This kind of thinking ALWAYS fails yet because of the 90 day time window on Wall St it's encouraged

Kman101

The slow season sure still exists over at Disneyland.

Yep!

I went in May of 2008, weather was pleasant and crowds were amazing (I can't exactly recall wait times, it's been 7 years, but I remember the crowds being nearly non-existent). It was the week after Mother's Day.

Of course I also knew to go during the week and not on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I flew in on Saturday, went that afternoon/early evening (of course), toured around Los Angeles and Hollywood on Sunday and hit the parks on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. I still would have liked an additional day but I was pretty much spent by Wednesday. Dang, I really really really need to get back out there this year ...

Anywho ... back on topic ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And now you need to sell your car to see a home game......I have not been to a live boston sports event since all the "winning" because of this. I'm priced out.

As are most of us in the Boston area, I'm NOT paying a kilobuck for good seats at a Boston venue - just not happening guess I'm a fair weather fan.

matt9112

I doubt that.

Cost Of Living 1971
How Much things cost in 1971
Yearly Inflation Rate USA 4.3%
Yearly Inflation Rate UK 8.6%
Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 890
Average Cost of new house $25,250.00
Average Income per year $10,600.00
Average Monthly Rent $150.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 40 cents
Datsun 1200 Sports Coupe $1,866.00
United States postage Stamp 8 cents
Ladies 2 piece knit suites $9.98
Movie Ticket $1.50
Below are some Prices for UK guides in Pounds Sterling
Average House Price 5,632
Gallon of Petrol 0.33
A few More Examples
Dodge Charger $3,579
Fresh Turkey Lb 43 cents
Fresh Strawberries Lb 29 cents
Idaho Potatoes 10 Lbs 98 cents
Jiffy Peanut Butter 59 cents
Tape Cassette Recorder $29.88
2 Quart Preasure Cooker $7.77
Side By Side Fridge $704.95
Electrical Heater Fireplace $59.88
Malibu Barbie $1.94
Etch-A-Sketch $2.83
Rock Em Sock Em Robots $8.99
Ladies Beret and Scarf Set $6.00
3 Bedroom House Chicago $16,500

Dat home price though....face palm.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
From the last time we bought tickets 2 years ago to our trip this year, I somehow have an extra kid? Funny I don't remember having an extra kid. Oh wait never mind I figured it out. I actually don't have an extra kid, Disney is just charging me for one with the increases. Well that's OK, I'm sure there are tons of new things to see and do and that's why its more money. And for a minute I was worried.

Luckily, kids get a healthy discount on admission, really easing the financial pain for families. :lookaroun

ILOVEDISNEY

The positive for me in this is I hope it helps weed out "those" guests. Even if just a minor few, it will help.
Not to be harsh, but that could be one less family that walks around the resort with no regard for other people, tossing their trash wherever they want to, treating areas/details like a punching bag, etc. Drives me crazy to see things damaged or being damaged with zero respect. I don't get why these people even bother visiting.

Glad I got my tickets from UT a month ago for my late April trip!

For a moment I thought you were talking about the current generation of CMs, but that is fodder for another discussion. I understand and agree with you 100%. I am sorry certain members here have to inject, or infer race, gender, national origin, religion, and socio-economic status to these discussions. A bad guest is a bad guest regardless. Maybe Disney should push for a law in Florida like they are doing in Indiana--being able to refuse service or sell products to customers if they differ from your religious aka Christian beliefs. Absurd? Google it.

betty rose

I am like you guys- last year I went ahead and let the long-held annual pass expire (and took 2 trips to Universal instead). When I heard about the price increase (almost 50 bucks for the Florida resident), I decided to give Disney another chance this year and got one before the increase. We'll see how this year goes- could be the final year.
How was Universal for you, it would be a first time for me.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Look how many people on this forum alone say their done haha (which I don't believe most are done). From a business stand point, what is their actual reason for increasing prices? I'm sure their reasoning isn't just "we want more money and we know you'll spend it".

Actually that IS the reason for the increase, And it will show revenue 'growth' to Wall St, Thats all

DManRightHere

For your enjoyment, the Disney answer to your question of the real reason for increasing prices. An acquaintance cast member sent be the internal announcement to cast today as a suggested answer to guests who ask a similar question.

"Effective February 22, ticket prices at Walt Disney World Resort will increase.

A day at a Disney Park is unlike any other in the world, and there is strong demand for our attractions and entertainment. We continually add new experiences, and many of our Guests select multiday tickets or annual passes, which provide a great value and additional savings.'

So That is the only reason Disney needs I suppose. :bored:

From that statement I get..

Strong demand makes higher prices (and in theory will lower attendance numbers)

The attempt to get guests on multi day tickets instead of single day tickets. (Which counters the above lower attendance thought...but the few people that do upgrade, Disney will get more money from. I'm still certain the majority of park guests are single day ticket holders).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
For a moment I thought you were talking about the current generation of CMs, but that is fodder for another discussion. I understand and agree with you 100%. I am sorry certain members here have to inject, or infer race, gender, national origin, religion, and socio-economic status to these discussions. A bad guest is a bad guest regardless. Maybe Disney should push for a law in Florida like they are doing in Indiana--being able to refuse service or sell products to customers if they differ from your religious aka Christian beliefs. Absurd? Google it.

Don't be so quick to blame the Christians, The sons of the Prophet are refusing service at the MKE airport to those who have alcohol or dogs as those are haram. I personally find this just as offensive or more so, Because in the IN case you can always find another service provider, Yet at the airport you must use the state sponsored transit and as many of the cabbies there are 'sons of the prophet' you may be stuck.

betty rose

I so agree with you. Many companies have rewards for long term customers. I guess Disney doesn't want to have that in it's pricing.

DisneyGentleman

Actually that IS the reason for the increase, And it will show revenue 'growth' to Wall St, Thats all
And in the days of Walt, they did not answer to stockholders. So many decisions are driven by Wall Street, and it has nothing to do with bad management. Good management is defined as giving the shareholders the best value (not as giving guests the best time, although the two may be connected).

matt9112

They aren't. And it is causing customer service issues. Has for years.

Increased price would level revenue, decrease people in the parks and increase guest satisfaction.

If the revenue stays level, why not raise prices to help with crowd control?

your argument is that you should be rich enough to visit.....using pricing as crowd Control could work but penalizes those who might barley be able to visit as is. A better option is to add capacity this penalizes nobody and helps with crowds.

betty rose

your argument is that you should be rich enough to visit.....using pricing as crowd Control could work but penalizes those who might barley be able to visit as is. A better option is to add capacity this penalizes nobody and helps with crowds.
I would have liked to see the increased capacity, before crowds became so difficult.

betty rose

And in the days of Walt, they did not answer to stockholders. So many decisions are driven by Wall Street, and it has nothing to do with bad management. Good management is defined as giving the shareholders the best value (not as giving guests the best time, although the two may be connected).
In my opinion, Disney and shareholders value do collide. Leaving the customers a less than "magical" experience.

space42

The Walt Disney Company has been a public company since 1940.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom