WDW Ticket Prices

Kman101

LOL. Exactly. There isn't a "slow" season anymore. Sure, some days (or a week or two here and there -- and even that may be stretching it now) may be less crowded and much more pleasant (I've experienced this) but overall, the parks are packed.

wdizneew

LOL. Exactly. There isn't a "slow" season anymore. Sure, some days (or a week or two here and there -- and even that may be stretching it now) may be less crowded and much more pleasant (I've experienced this) but overall, the parks are packed.

From my experience, late Jan - early Mar and late Sept - early Oct. However, I prefer the latter since the earlier months tend to get all the refurbishments and construction.

I do agree the parks are much more packed but I try to stay positive :) Riding Toy Story Mania or Space Mtn with a <30 min wait is a miracle in my eyes lol

Oddysey

After 11 consecutive years as a Florida resident annual passholder I am officially priced out. I could make it work if I really wanted, but the value no longer exceeds or equals the cost for me. As such, as of March 23rd I am out. I will miss the parks, and hope that Disney gives me a reason to obtain another pass at some point in the future.

betty rose

After 11 consecutive years as a Florida resident annual passholder I am officially priced out. I could make it work if I really wanted, but the value no longer exceeds or equals the cost for me. As such, as of March 23rd I am out. I will miss the parks, and hope that Disney gives me a reason to obtain another pass at some point in the future.
I'm getting priced out too. Been a DVC owner for a few years, and I'm tired of all the price increases, (food, maintenance, taxes ("ownership"). So I'll go for a couple more years (for the grandkids). But the parks are a no no. Going to rest at the resort (as I'm soon to be 67). Eat at Saratoga, and go back for a nap, and walk around the "grounds. Perhaps go to downtown Disney, but, I won't be buying anything. So sad. I have been going to Disney since it opened. I never thought the day would come when Disney turned it's back on senior's. On a fixed income.

Oddysey

I'm getting priced out too. Been a DVC owner for a few years, and I'm tired of all the price increases, (food, maintenance, taxes ("ownership"). So I'll go for a couple more years (for the grandkids). But the parks are a no no. Going to rest at the resort (as I'm soon to be 67). Eat at Saratoga, and go back for a nap, and walk around the "grounds. Perhaps go to downtown Disney, but, I won't be buying anything. So sad. I have been going to Disney since it opened. I never thought the day would come when Disney turned it's back on senior's. On a fixed income.

Sorry to hear that. I can certainly relate as my family and I are not super excited about letting the passes lapse, but at some point continuing to renew year after year for nearly the same experience does not seem fiscally responsible. Don't get me wrong, I love the parks, but I would literally feel irresponsible by renewing the passes with the continual increases. Sadly, I have finally reached my breaking point. On the bright side I have lots of great memories of being at the parks to draw from. Now I will just be making memories somewhere else :)

betty rose

Sorry to hear that. I can certainly relate as my family and I are not super excited about letting the passes lapse, but at some point continuing to renew year after year for nearly the same experience does not seem fiscally responsible. Don't get me wrong, I love the parks, but I would literally feel irresponsible by renewing the passes with the continual increases. Sadly, I have finally reached my breaking point. On the bright side I have lots of great memories of being at the parks to draw from. Now I will just be making memories somewhere else :)
I agree, that it's about time to move on. I have many great memories too. From taking out daughter when she was almost 2, to taking our grandkids from babies on. They had an umbrella stroller. And my husband and I carried our daughter when she was too tired to walk. Of course, that was when it was just the magic kingdom. lol

freediverdude

I am like you guys- last year I went ahead and let the long-held annual pass expire (and took 2 trips to Universal instead). When I heard about the price increase (almost 50 bucks for the Florida resident), I decided to give Disney another chance this year and got one before the increase. We'll see how this year goes- could be the final year.

MissM

Does anyone know if the Florida Resident Discover Disney tickets (the discounted non-park hopper 3 and 4-day passes) are getting bumped up in this price increase? Can't find that information anywhere.
The offer is still live on the website for Florida residents: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/resident-discover/

Discover Disney
3-Day Ticket
$ 139 00USD plus tax

4-Day Ticket

$ 159 00USD plus tax

For a limited time, Florida Residents can enjoy 3 days for $139 per person, plus tax, at a Walt Disney World Theme Park and a 4th day for just $20 more, plus tax, with a Florida Resident Discover Disney Ticket.
Visit one theme park per day, valid at any of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks from January 3 through June 5, 2015. Excludes the following blockout dates at Magic Kingdom park only: March 30 to April 9, 2015.
The Discover Disney Ticket can be used on non-consecutive days—so you can come for a weekend or spread out the fun! Explore ticket types and prices below.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree, that it's about time to move on. I have many great memories too. From taking out daughter when she was almost 2, to taking our grandkids from babies on. They had an umbrella stroller. And my husband and I carried our daughter when she was too tired to walk. Of course, that was when it was just the magic kingdom. lol

This is the real threat to the parks right here, When it's most devoted fans say the value is no longer there in purchasing admission, The parks are crowded, attractions and shows have been reduced and yet the price increased by a huge amount.

I think we are now seeing the tipping point, Oh BTW TDL a 1 day ticket is $53 in one of the most expensive cities in the world and CM's are FAR better paid in Tokyo than in the swamp.

raven

Before you knock Disney too much on this consider how the value of our (USD) dollar has decreased over the years. That's a lot of the problem.

Paying more money for less attractions isn't the government's problem.

I definitely get that. But who says they have to justify a price hike to me or you? Really, they don't.

They don't. But they haven't explained the reason for these crazy prices to their guests either and just about everyone wants to know.

Ummm that's a load of hooey. Valentines Day isn't a holiday that affects any type of financial transactions

Exactly. But a Disney Guest Services representative informed me of this and said themselves they didn't think that was fair to do to their guests.

Brad Bishop

Paying more money for less attractions isn't the government's problem.

It's not the government's problem but more of the government's fault. It's our problem, though.

If the government:
- increases debt
- prints money
- raises minimum wage

Then all of those things have the end result of devaluing our currency in some form or another. That doesn't include new regulations and whatnot.

It means that the previous money you've earned (savings) and the current salary you earn are all worth less because your buying power is less.

Brad Bishop

Yet the Japan has a deflation problem, and still prices are stable, So inflation has little to do with this

Japan has two problems:

1) They're an export economy (The USA is an import economy). As such, people panic when the ¥ increases too much in value. They literally print money to reduce the value of the ¥ so that their good will remain affordable for foreign buyers (export). They want to keep their factories open. I think they screw themselves in two ways with this: 1) the people working don't really ever get ahead because their productivity is squandered using this method. 2) Where is all of this new printed money going? It's likely to the well connected.

2) They've had a stagnation problem for about 25 years now. This is a result of, I think, the above approach as well as the Japanese market meddling in the Nikkei so that Japan never has a real downturn (from the boom in the 1980s). They're trying to hold off a recession for about 25 years now so instead of highs and lows you just end up with this constant stagnation. It's much the same as the USA's federal government being involved in their stock market through Quantitative Easing (QE). It's one of the reasons why, in the USA, that things haven't really gotten any better since 2008. Our economy is largely stagnant.

NearTheEars

Do we know the Fla. Resident AP renewal rate yet?

burgess

I wouldn't say I've been priced out, but prices have reached the total rip off point for me, especially with the no expiration option being taken away. However many years it takes me to burn through my current 10 day tickets, I think that'll be it for me.

DManRightHere

Nah, they are just focusing on the pockets of the upper middle class and international guests.

Look how many people on this forum alone say their done haha (which I don't believe most are done). From a business stand point, what is their actual reason for increasing prices? I'm sure their reasoning isn't just "we want more money and we know you'll spend it".

erasure fan1

From the last time we bought tickets 2 years ago to our trip this year, I somehow have an extra kid? Funny I don't remember having an extra kid. Oh wait never mind I figured it out. I actually don't have an extra kid, Disney is just charging me for one with the increases. Well that's OK, I'm sure there are tons of new things to see and do and that's why its more money. And for a minute I was worried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom