WDW ticket price increases coming June 3rd

pamousefan

WOW! almost $95 for a single WDW day! I know people say they are gonna not renew or not go as often. What about someone like me that is on a limited budget(Diability) that just wants to go one LAST time before prices get too high and health gets too poor? I have been TRYING to plan a trip for 8 years and it never pans out! The prices usually go up more than I have planned and the money isn't there! As of right now I am only putting paper money back...Oh, well time to count out my pennies and start adding the silver to my disney saving jar, too!

I am planning NOW for December 2013 and I plan on buyin our tickets BEFORE the 2013 price increase!

You can bet that the prices will go up just before or right after ALL of FLE opens!

katarn112

I'm not going to back to WDW for years, next time I'll go will probably be when Avatar is complete. I'll probably keep going to Universal once a year though. I just want to give WDW a few years to sort itself out. Finish the all the stuff that's under construction, fix their maintenance problems (Soarin's screen when I went recently was FILTHY), etc. I just hope that I won't be completely priced out by then. If you're going to increase ticket prices that sharply, at least make it worthwhile for us.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
WOW! almost $95 for a single WDW day! I know people say they are gonna not renew or not go as often. What about someone like me that is on a limited budget(Diability) that just wants to go one LAST time before prices get too high and health gets too poor? I have been TRYING to plan a trip for 8 years and it never pans out! The prices usually go up more than I have planned and the money isn't there! As of right now I am only putting paper money back...Oh, well time to count out my pennies and start adding the silver to my disney saving jar, too!

I am planning NOW for December 2013 and I plan on buyin our tickets BEFORE the 2013 price increase!

You can bet that the prices will go up just before or right after ALL of FLE opens!

If you have the money buy your tickets now. The "new" prices start Sunday.

Disney05

Buying ours tonight for our Aug trip. Would love to be able to see in the future 10 or 20 years to see how high the prices get.

devoy1701

I guess we won't ever be AP holders again... When we started I think the FL Resident Annual Pass Cost us about $300 each? No way we're going to spend $425 per person. And $299 a person now to be blocked out for almost 1/3 of the year with the Seasonal Pass? I don't know what's more bothersome...how high the ticket prices have gotten or the fact that the prices for passes jumped $50 this year.

worldfanatic

don't they realize, the fewer passholders, the less trips they will take?:veryconfu

Of course they realize this.
And they're perfectly willing to sacrifice many of the lesser spending passholders to improve the overall experience for the less-often visitors who spend more money on their trips.

And this will be a non-issue for many regulars.
The vast majority of the passholders who stay at the Disney Resorts aren't gonna pull out over a small $55 increase.
It's the cheap ones who don't spend money at the shops, restaurants, or stay on property that may pull away.
And Disney's fine with that. :cool:

aladdin2007

So the new florida resident seasonal rate is $299, plus the monthly payment plan if one wants it (which helps a bit). What was the prior current rate for seasonal?

My current annual is good still till February but I guess I better enjoy it cause at that point, no way will I be able to do annual. Is the weekday select now gone?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I heard the extra $55 is for a new Yeti, refurbs of Splash Mountain and to bring back the adventurers club.:p

Seriously, let's hope they put the money to good use and reinvest it in the parks. I still think the annual pass is a pretty good deal if you live local compared to daily rates.

devoy1701

Of course they realize this.
And they're perfectly willing to sacrifice many of the lesser spending passholders to improve the overall experience for the less-often visitors who spend more money on their trips.

And this will be a non-issue for many regulars.
The vast majority of the passholders who stay at the Disney Resorts aren't gonna pull out over a small $55 increase.
It's the cheap ones who don't spend money at the shops, restaurants, or stay on property that may pull away.
And Disney's fine with that. :cool:

$55 multiplied by X number of passes is a pretty big YoY increase. While small in the grand scheme of things, Walt Disnet World has lost from me and my wife alone $750-$800 in tickets, $1500-2000 in annual lodging, and easily $2000-$3000 in annual food and merchandise purchases. And we are only a family of two! And the fact that it really doesnt matter to them is very disheartening. They will keep toting it as no big deal though and say things like "you can get annual pass for only $30/month!"

There should be low barriers of entry to reoccuring revenue streams. I really do think they are pricing many people out with this increase.

menamechris

There definetly seems to be a push to thin out the passholders. I am most shocked that children's prices on annual passes are the same as adults. That will make it near impossible for many families to afford.

And I truly believe this is Disney pushing back at the fanbase for the constant complaining and "status watches" on effects and maintenance. I think they have finally decided that they prefer the clueless tourist to the constant flow of income from passholders. Tourists don't know any different. Passholders notice when a lightbulb is out...

debpeduz

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why the child ap would be the same price as the adult ap? Some kids aren't even tall enough to enjoy all the rides. Why should we have to pay the same price for them?

aladdin2007

There definetly seems to be a push to thin out the passholders. I am most shocked that children's prices on annual passes are the same as adults. That will make it near impossible for many families to afford.

And I truly believe this is Disney pushing back at the fanbase for the constant complaining and "status watches" on effects and maintenance. I think they have finally decided that they prefer the clueless tourist to the constant flow of income from passholders. Tourists don't know any different. Passholders notice when a lightbulb is out...

1000% agree.

zooey

Exactly. They become openly hostile with prices Imo to the customer they don't want anymore. They want to create a new Disney standard that doesn't compare to the previous one.

aladdin2007

Exactly. They become openly hostile with prices Imo to the customer they don't want anymore. They want to create a new Disney standard that doesn't compare to the previous one.

Yes, one where they can close more rides and show space and turn them into meetngreets for starters. :brick::hurl:

DisneyJoe

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why the child ap would be the same price as the adult ap?

Some guests would ONLY buy children's AP's to get most of the AP benefits - you used to be able to book a resort room with a child AP to get the discount, but they plugged that hole a year or two ago.

They just plugged all remaining loopholes.

menamechris

As the saying goes...There's a new sheriff in town. As sad as it is to say, I only expect things to only get worse from here. While it will be nice if it thins out some crowds, I feel truly badly for those who will no longer be able to afford it...And I don't expect one cent of these increases to be reinvested in the parks past the Fantasyland expansion and whatever eventually comes of Avatar (probably not much). I am sure Epcot will continue to deteriorate and continue its descent into looking like a 1982 shrine, and Hollywood Studios will press on in being perhaps the most pathetic theme park in Central Florida.

keylimesqueeze

I used to defend the pricing of AP's. Not anymore. That's a disgusting increase. I don't know what the mentality is there, but don't they realize, the fewer passholders, the less trips they will take?:veryconfu

...and less money they will spend on extras, i.e.: food,snacks,souveniers,etc.

menamechris

Some guests would ONLY buy children's AP's to get most of the AP benefits - you used to be able to book a resort room with a child AP to get the discount, but they plugged that hole a year or two ago.

They just plugged all remaining loopholes.

I thought they took care of that by taking away any significant discounts in recent years. Passholders really don't get that much of a break on anything anymore. Our offers are often almost identical to that of the general public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom