WDW Security Positions?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I loved the behind the scenes tour we took of MK when we were outside Pecos Bill's and the guide says, "I'll show you a security camera but first you all have to swear that you won't all point to it and stare at the same time". LOL. Voice of experience. Yes, it was right there in a bell tower above Pecos Bill's hiding in plain sight. One of my favorite things to look at now.

Timekeeper

Ok so we all know and see the Security Guards that walk around the parks but let's be honest, some of those don't exactly make me feel too safe.

Sounds like the OP may have been suggesting that some of the guards don't give off the appearance of able-bodied security personnel due to their age, physical build, etc. And I have to agree, particularly with the plain clothes personnel.

But, the "feet on the ground" security - especially the plain clothes - are really there for observation. They're not - usually - going to be tackling anybody. Instead, they are trained in a practice that is an art unto itself (observation). Anyone who has been on a safari expedition knows how well the experienced guides can "spot" the animals in the brush that are invisible to most. And since they plain clothes are supposed to "blend in," yes, they are often young, old, big, and small, etc. I've seen some that probably wouldn't be able to chase a perp on foot ...but then again, their role is that of prevention - and a perp on foot isn't going to get very far in the middle of hundreds of acres of swamp land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom