WDW Security Positions?

The Empress Lilly

A drunk guest was found in Epcot last Saturday morning at 3am sleeping in the back row of the Impressions De France theater with Disney plush all around him. Within 5 minutes of it being reported, about 8 Disney security guards and 2 Orange Co. police officers were on the scene.
Oh for bleedin's sake just let Jimmy Thick have his nap already okay?

JIMINYCR

More and more cameras are being installed all the time, inside and out.

A drunk guest was found in Epcot last Saturday morning at 3am sleeping in the back row of the Impressions De France theater with Disney plush all around him. Within 5 minutes of it being reported, about 8 Disney security guards and 2 Orange Co. police officers were on the scene.

I'm amazed that he wasn't noticed sooner. I thought the CM's cleared their areas soon after the park closed. Someone should have checked the mound of plush sitting in the back row.

raven

I'm amazed that he wasn't noticed sooner. I thought the CM's cleared their areas soon after the park closed. Someone should have checked the mound of plush sitting in the back row.

They figured he wondered in there while the CM cleaning that area was on their break. It's not hard to hide, but then it's hard to stay hidden as well. Security, CMs and other outside vendors are all over the parks at night into each and every area. Poor guy was jailed, fined, banned from Disney parks and mst likely lost his job as well (he told security he was sent by his company there to speak at a convention the next day and begged to be let go).

R W B

Original Poster
What happens when VIPs show up, there own security takes care of them? What about when the president or VP shows up for a speech, I know the secret service is there obviously but does Disney have a special team for events like that?

I was looking on the collage program website and saw something about security and I've always been interested in that line of work so I started thinking what else does WDW have in that field besides the people you see in the parks.

Also, the video that was mentioned was another reason why I made this thread, that security guard that was in it belongs working in a store or a ride or someplace else, not in security though. That video leaves a lot to be wondered about disneyland security.

Tater48

Agreed! TOP NOTCH

Some are retired law enforement from other cities and military.

Can't speak for Disneyland, but at WDW it is a required qualification that you have a Military, Law Enforcement or a background in security to be even considered for this position. The vast majority of WDW Security have backgrounds in the Military or Law Enforcement or both. The number that have only a Security background is extremely low.

Cactusspade

There was a video that went viral not too long ago of a drunk causing problems and trying to fight people outside of the Tower of Terror in Disneyland. He's handled quickly and efficiently. Plus, there are always real police officers at the parks as well. Just incase things get really hairy.

Quickly and efficiently? More like slow and non-existant. It took 5 minutes for security to arrive, at least. Normal tourists had to try and restrain him.

Polydweller

Quickly and efficiently? More like slow and non-existant. It took 5 minutes for security to arrive, at least. Normal tourists had to try and restrain him.

It did not take 5 minutes for security to show up. The security guy is there from the beginning, he's the one with the mace. He actually controls the man well. If those are truly bystanders and not plain clothes security (might have been, they have lots), then they should have stayed out of it.

graphite1326

Well let me tell you what happened to my wife. She went with the rest of us to Splash Mt. She doesn't care for swimming so she grabbed a lounge chair in a shady area and read a book. She happened to notice a small snake coming toward her and started kicking dirt at it to keep it away. Within seconds a couple of guys (in plain clothes) came up and asked "what wrong?" She pointed to the snake. They grabbed it and disappeared.

I say they have their eye on pretty much everything.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well let me tell you what happened to my wife. She went with the rest of us to Splash Mt. She doesn't care for swimming so she grabbed a lounge chair in a shady area and read a book. She happened to notice a small snake coming toward her and started kicking dirt at it to keep it away. Within seconds a couple of guys (in plain clothes) came up and asked "what wrong?" She pointed to the snake. They grabbed it and disappeared.

I say they have their eye on pretty much everything.

Those guys were friends of Kaa and were protecting him from your wife. :lol:

devoy1701

There was a video that went viral not too long ago of a drunk causing problems and trying to fight people outside of the Tower of Terror in Disneyland. He's handled quickly and efficiently. Plus, there are always real police officers at the parks as well. Just incase things get really hairy.

i wouldn't call what happened in that video quick or efficient.

Polydweller

i wouldn't call what happened in that video quick or efficient.

Again, the guy with the pepper spray or mace is a security guard. So it was a very quick response and he handled the initial control very well. We don't know who the guys finally tackling are, they could be plain clothes security for all any of us know, Disney has lots.

draybook

Again, the guy with the pepper spray or mace is a security guard. So it was a very quick response and he handled the initial control very well. We don't know who the guys finally tackling are, they could be plain clothes security for all any of us know, Disney has lots.

It's been a while since I watched the video but if they were plain clothes officers then why did they take so long to help subdue the man? I don't know what other people are talking about, I hardly ever see uniformed security in the parks, besides at the entrance. I wish we there were some during our March trip last year when there was a group of 3 people smoking pot behind the EE fp machines.

devoy1701

Here is link to said video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qtqsUAXBQ&feature=player_embedded

And I don't consider one guy spraying this dude with mace handling the situation. Disneyland Security should have removed this guest much quicker...or atleast had other security officers over there to help hold this guy down much quicker than they did. Any I would bet those ppl who tackle the guy are NOT security.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom