WDW Security Positions?

R W B

Original Poster
Ok so we all know and see the Security Guards that walk around the parks but let's be honest, some of those don't exactly make me feel too safe. What I was wondering is what other security does Disney have? I'm sure they have to have people watching cameras right? Also maybe security in plain clothes walking around the parks like guests? Do they have people focused on preventing bigger problems rather then just preventing candy bars being stolen?

Basically is security a big thing to Disney or is it just what you see in the parks is what you get?

John

The security measures at WDW are top notch you would be amazed. A very large presence of "plain clothes" officers EVERYWHERE!

Kramerica

There was a video that went viral not too long ago of a drunk causing problems and trying to fight people outside of the Tower of Terror in Disneyland. He's handled quickly and efficiently. Plus, there are always real police officers at the parks as well. Just incase things get really hairy.

R W B

Original Poster
Do these plain clothes officers have any training?

If someone has law enforcement or military experience is this what they do? The uniformed guards look like just anyone that applies for that can get that job.

Mad Stitch

There was a video that went viral not too long ago of a drunk causing problems and trying to fight people outside of the Tower of Terror in Disneyland. He's handled quickly and efficiently. Plus, there are always real police officers at the parks as well. Just incase things get really hairy.

Handled quickly and efficiently? Are you kidding me? That old man (edit: the Disney security guard) got his rear beat and park guests had to save him.

Lord Pheonix

if you were stupid enough to get drunk and beligerant at, of all places, disneyland or wdw, with kids all over the place, then ud be lucky if all u got was an ______ beating. personally id throw a sheet or tarp over you and keep taseing you till the battery went dead, lol.

LuLaSue

The security measures at WDW are top notch you would be amazed. A very large presence of "plain clothes" officers EVERYWHERE!

Agreed! TOP NOTCH

Some are retired law enforement from other cities and military.

Contrary to popular belief, there are NO camera's in the park. The parks themselves are way to big for video surveillance.

Mad Stitch

if you were stupid enough to get drunk and beligerant at, of all places, disneyland or wdw, with kids all over the place, then ud be lucky if all u got was an ______ beating. personally id throw a sheet or tarp over you and keep taseing you till the battery went dead, lol.

When I said old man I was referring to the Disney security guard.

PhilharMagician

Handled quickly and efficiently? Are you kidding me? That old man (edit: the Disney security guard) got his rear beat and park guests had to save him.

Unfortunately you are right. The guard tried to control the situation, but you can see the guy was not trained for this sort of problem. The guests that stepped in controlled the problem in the end. What concerns me is the duration of that situation and not another security guard showed up to help. They should be able to react and dispatch in seconds.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Agreed! TOP NOTCH

Some are retired law enforement from other cities and military.

Contrary to popular belief, there are NO camera's in the park. The parks themselves are way to big for video surveillance.

There are cameras, quite a few are visible from guest areas. There certainly aren't anywhere near the amount you find in Vegas for example, but there are indeed cameras at WDW.

LuLaSue

There are cameras, quite a few are visible from guest areas. There certainly aren't anywhere near the amount you find in Vegas for example, but there are indeed cameras at WDW.

Thanks.

I was told, that cameras were located in indoor/contained areas but, that the park area was just to vast for cameras.

raven

More and more cameras are being installed all the time, inside and out.

A drunk guest was found in Epcot last Saturday morning at 3am sleeping in the back row of the Impressions De France theater with Disney plush all around him. Within 5 minutes of it being reported, about 8 Disney security guards and 2 Orange Co. police officers were on the scene.

Timekeeper

More and more cameras are being installed all the time, inside and out.

A drunk guest was found in Epcot last Saturday morning at 3am sleeping in the back row of the Impressions De France theater with Disney plush all around him. Within 5 minutes of it being reported, about 8 Disney security guards and 2 Orange Co. police officers were on the scene.

That's better than the DUI (or even worse, injuries or death) that could have resulted had he chosen to try to go home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom