Rumor WDW Rumor Tracker - Revenge of the Fifth (Supercharge of $60 Billion Edition)

Sneakman

Attachments

• IMG_2886.gif
    IMG_2886.gif
    1 MB · Views: 12

Sneakman

A long time ago, in a Galaxy far away....
are the muppets gone from the parks forever or is there still a chance they could show up somewhere eventually? I get that 3D movies are on their way out but what a shame. I’m guessing star tours lives too

Moth

Original Poster
are the muppets gone from the parks forever or is there still a chance they could show up somewhere eventually?
Currently this is just words (and imo, studios isn't going to do this for AWHILE if it happens because of courtyard and launch bay needing to be fixed up), but there is an internal desire to bridge GE to Star Tours, but performance of GE has been lacking to where this is one of those things that keep being shuffled back.

Imo I'd keep an eye on how that Mando movie does.

As a reminder, I don't mind discussion on this thread, but I don't want to just be purely discussion, nor am I self-sourcing myself for rumors. The rumor mill outside of me digging stuff up has been slow, so just hang tight. This was just a special announcement.

Sneakman

Currently this is just words (and imo, studios isn't going to do this for AWHILE if it happens because of courtyard and launch bay needing to be fixed up), but there is an internal desire to bridge GE to Star Tours, but performance of GE has been lacking to where this is one of those things that keep being shuffled back.

Oh ok, I get it. I’d be down but I hope they can figure something out where the muppets can still exist in some form at DHS or somewhere else.

Sneakman

As a reminder, I don't mind discussion on this thread, but I don't want to just be purely discussion, nor am I self-sourcing myself for rumors. The rumor mill outside of me digging stuff up has been slow, so just hang tight. This was just a special announcement.
@Moth may I have permission to make a thread on this? Or update the SWGE thread?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's two years away.

Also, WDI considered connecting Star Tours with GE when GE was being built and chose not to. And they didn't leave a path to make that happen behind Muppet courtyard.

If they convert Muppet courtyard to be an extension of GE as the connection, it would impact the Italian restaurant, MV3D theater, the bar, and most importantly, the new Coke stand.

Will no one think of the new Coke stand?

This all smacks of the pre-GE rumors resurfacing. Just like the rumor of RnRC being rethemed into a Hanging Door Coaster (an impossibility given the tracks), it seems like a perpetually necromanced rumor.

but performance of GE has been lacking to where this is one of those things that keep being shuffled back.

The two rides in GE are never not full of guests. I was just there 2 weeks ago in unbearable heat and the place was mobbed. If they want more guests *in* GE, then building more stuff outside of GE is counterintuitive. It would make more sense to build the planned restaurant. Bring in more streetmosphere encounters. And let go of the sequel trilogy timeline.

Moth

Original Poster
It's two years away.

Also, WDI considered connecting Star Tours with GE when GE was being built and chose not to. And they didn't leave a path to make that happen behind Muppet courtyard.

If they convert Muppet courtyard to be an extension of GE as the connection, it would impact the Italian restaurant, MV3D theater, the bar, and most importantly, the new Coke stand.

Will no one think of the new Coke stand?

This all smacks of the pre-GE rumors resurfacing. Just like the rumor of RnRC being rethemed into a Hanging Door Coaster (an impossibility given the tracks), it seems like a perpetually necromanced rumor.

The two rides in GE are never not full of guests. I was just there 2 weeks ago in unbearable heat and the place was mobbed. If they want more guests *in* GE, then building more stuff outside of GE is counterintuitive. It would make more sense to build the planned restaurant. Bring in more streetmosphere encounters. And let go of the sequel trilogy timeline.

Reportedly the sequel trilogy thing is why they're gunshy about any sort of further expansion? I say to keep an eye on Mando because it'd be the first Star Wars film since 2019, but that's in 2026.

The Door Coaster rumor actually had another recent revival where it was gonna go into Courtyard, it's like a cockroach.

The Muppets Courtyard just has an issue where it could be prime real-estate to connect THE Star Wars ride to Galaxy's Edge. But I sincerely don't see it happening for a whole decade+. I'd put more stock in Star Tours getting rethemed over GE EVER connecting to Star Tours. But I'd wager MV3D is forever protected like how Tiki Room and CoP is because it's the main legacy of a notable creator in WDW.

I sincerely don't think it's happening.

I bet more money on Star Tours becoming an America Sings themed simulator versus Muppets being evicted.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Door Coaster rumor actually had another recent revival where it was gonna go into Courtyard, it's like a cockroach.
Well, they *can,* if they want, build a doors coaster. The problem with the rumor for years and years was that it would be a *retheme* of RnRC. But RnRC is not a hanging-ride-vehicle track. Which makes the retheme impossible without tearing out the old track and putting in a new one.

Not to mention a hanging coaster ride would have a low thruput of guests, I would think.

And this was all tied into a Monster's mini-land, Monstropolis. Dunno if that's still popular enough IP for Disney to revive. But it gets mentioned every other year. Jim Hill keeps it an evergreen rumor.

Sneakman

That rumor will never die, will it?
Reportedly the sequel trilogy thing is why they're gunshy about any sort of further expansion? I say to keep an eye on Mando because it'd be the first Star Wars film since 2019, but that's in 2026.
Yeah, they kidna shot themselves in the foot for making all sequel trilogy
The Muppets Courtyard just has an issue where it could be prime real-estate to connect THE Star Wars ride to Galaxy's Edge. But I sincerely don't see it happening for a whole decade+.
muppets vs star tours is this eternal struggle, where star tours is outdated and also is not at the same time, and its near SWGE, but itd take out a whole capacity area with its connection. I don’t think whatever replaces star tours will be the muppets unfortunately, as much as I’d like it, but i wouldn’t be surprised if it is eventually. Then again, Star tours is a cockroach.

Sneakman

I bet more money on Star Tours becoming an America Sings themed simulator versus Muppets being evicted.
Really though, what ip could star tours be rethemed to that would draw in guests? Ik I’ve said futurama but that’s unlikely. They also can’t do the iron man experience. Not many ips can fit into star tours framing, and plus it’s good promotion as well for the other movies coming out. So realistic, nothing changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom