Rumor WDW Rumor Tracker - Revenge of the Fifth (Supercharge of $60 Billion Edition)

Nickm2022

What's the latest on Hollywood Studios investment? Because it seems we all agree something is coming, likely a land(s) and/or re-theme of the coaster. The IP's I've heard are Monsters Inc., Zootopia, Simpsons, and while I haven't seen or heard anyone say this I personally could see Big Hero 6 also.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
And what a mess that turned out to be. Hopefully soon they can attempt to repair the damage, if that’s even possible. Starting with putting back a fountain.
I genuinely think EPCOT is significantly improved over a few years ago, but the lack of fountains is a strange decision. There should be a large fountain display, Europa-Park style, in the water area in front of the Odyssey at the minimum.

IMG_3830.jpeg

TTA94

I genuinely think EPCOT is significantly improved over a few years ago, but the lack of fountains is a strange decision. There should be a large fountain display, Europa-Park style, in the water area in front of the Odyssey at the minimum.

View attachment 791119

In the original concept art they even showed fountains in the water area around the Odyssey. Not sure what happened to that.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
In the original concept art they even showed fountains in the water area around the Odyssey. Not sure what happened to that.
Yeah I remember well. Honestly it’s omission is strange.

It wouldn’t even be that expensive for the insane visual interest it would generate. It’s a no brainer to add one.

I fish they’d fill in the south half of the Tomorrowland Speedway with a lake and put fountains there too.

Nickm2022

View attachment 791119
I agree. One of my favorite things apart of the 100 celebrations was the addition of fountains outside the castle at Disneyland. Just adds so much kinetic energy. Here's hoping they add them to the water areas for some type of celebration in the future.

DisDude33

Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade is officially closing June 23 for the long-rumored DVC lounge.

I’ve been thinking about this and I keep thinking about how we all laughed at the Mickey Views report about Frontierland getting the ax while back but it looks like soon the only left standing will be the Country Bears and who knows what that will actually look like when it reopens.

And yes Big Thunder is still going to be there but it’s being absorbed into the new desert themed expansion and possibly getting new story elements with the retrack work.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’ve been thinking about this and I keep thinking about how we all laughed at the Mickey Views report about Frontierland getting the ax while back but it looks like soon the only left standing will be the Country Bears and who knows what that will actually look like when it reopens.

And yes Big Thunder is still going to be there but it’s being absorbed into the new desert themed expansion and possibly getting new story elements with the retrack work.
The DVC lounge is supposed getting a Frontierland facade. Diamond Horseshoe should also be staying. And Country Bears. And the Riverboat. And TSI. And BTMR.

So... still Frontierlandsy... as much as Disney has defined "Frontierland."

Nickm2022

I agree. To be honest though I'm personally ok if this happens, mainly because IMO Magic Kingdom has the worst Frontierland. Especially when compared to the versions at DL and DLP, plus the similar lands at HKDL and TDL. Plus I think having a desert land area next to Big Thunder, and do old wood buildings in a country/New Orleans Bayou area where Bears and Pecos is would actually look nice. I know it's rumored this is cancelled but I do think something weird is happening with the addition of the DVC lounge. Curious to see what it ends up looking like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom