Rumor WDW Rumor Tracker - Revenge of the Fifth (Supercharge of $60 Billion Edition)

DisDude23

I agree. To be honest though I'm personally ok if this happens, mainly because IMO Magic Kingdom has the worst Frontierland. Especially when compared to the versions at DL and DLP, plus the similar lands at HKDL and TDL. Plus I think having a desert land area next to Big Thunder, and do old wood buildings in a country/New Orleans Bayou area where Bears and Pecos is would actually look nice. I know it's rumored this is cancelled but I do think something weird is happening with the addition of the DVC lounge. Curious to see what it ends up looking like.
I definitely think it’s going to be a very different area of the park in a few years and I’m also fine with that. Frontierland has always been my least favorite part of all of WDW.

cheezbat

I definitely think it’s going to be a very different area of the park in a few years and I’m also fine with that. Frontierland has always been my least favorite part of all of WDW.
That’s how I feel about Tomorrowland. Utter mishmash of rides and themes…and the horribly ugly and smelly Speedway…

I spend the most time in Frontierland.

DisDude23

That’s how I feel about Tomorrowland. Utter mishmash of rides and themes…and the horribly ugly and smelly Speedway…

I spend the most time in Frontierland.
That’s honestly become an issue in a majority of areas around WDW. I originally developed a preference of Disney over Universal because of the theming and the way the lands told a kind of story as you walked through them but now we are getting to a point where the theme isn’t just a lower priority it’s being downright ignored.

CoasterFan27

That’s honestly become an issue in a majority of areas around WDW. I originally developed a preference of Disney over Universal because of the theming and the way the lands told a kind of story as you walked through them but now we are getting to a point where the theme isn’t just a lower priority it’s being downright ignored.

That's not really true though is it. Every park has a few exceptions dotted around, but you might need to visit some other parks to get some perspective if you think theme is being actually ignored. Maybe Phantasialand technically does it better, though on a different scale ofc.

DisDude23

That's not really true though is it. Every park has a few exceptions dotted around, but you might need to visit some other parks to get some perspective if you think theme is being actually ignored. Maybe Phantasialand technically does it better, though on a different scale ofc.
You make a valid and important point that I shouldn’t have ignored in my original statement that Disney is still the far above just about everyone else in the theme park industry. Thank you for calling me out on that.

What I should have said is that Disney seems to be slipping from the standards that they have set for themselves and it gives me the impression that overall cohesiveness within area theming is not as important to the company as it once seemed to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom