Rumor WDW Rumor Tracker - Revenge of the Fifth (Supercharge of $60 Billion Edition)

MarkC6686

Yeah, a fifth gate has always been a *possibility,* and I'm sure constantly hanging in the background.

The 2032 Plan was a way for Disney to lock in the possibility of doing it -- if they ever wanted to -- without the new board blocking it.

But even the 2020 plan indicated large swaths of land suitable for another gate.
Where are the large swaths of land?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where are the large swaths of land?

SteveAZee

Yeah, a fifth gate has always been a *possibility,* and I'm sure constantly hanging in the background.

The 2032 Plan was a way for Disney to lock in the possibility of doing it -- if they ever wanted to -- without the new board blocking it.

But even the 2020 plan indicated large swaths of land suitable for another gate.
What is the swath-to-gate ratio?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

We should probably update that thread with the latest maps.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I have lost track of what is going on with that.
AFAIK the "11th hour" contract with the old board to cement in what Disney wants and what the new board could do has been mutually agreed upon as not in force any more, which would include the new '32 plan. Also, what the new board has attempted to do since coming into existence is mutually mooted.

So, starting with a clean slate. I'm sure the '32 zoning plan will be re-adopted by the new board now that they're seemingly committed to not purposely make things 'difficult.'

Lemme check with the wonks in the RCID thread...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
AFAIK the "11th hour" contract with the old board to cement in what Disney wants and what the new board could do has been mutually agreed upon as not in force any more, which would include the new '32 plan. Also, what the new board has attempted to do since coming into existence is mutually mooted.

So, starting with a clean slate. I'm sure the '32 zoning plan will be re-adopted by the new board now that they're seemingly committed to not purposely make things 'difficult.'

Lemme check with the wonks in the RCID thread...
And the 2032 plan is moot. Reverting back to 2020 as the working plan... already 4 years out of date.

The 2020 plan is back as the guide to the zoning. No word still on what the Board thinks needs to be changed. No actual start on that process but the development agreement was somehow supposed to come first and then, in contradiction to its purpose, be changed after a new plan was developed.

In the Parks
No
@Moth @wdwmagic and @ToTBellHop were dropping some knowledge about a night parade in this thread
Yes this has been the case and one of the main reasons it has been gone for so long. However, a recent shift, and orders from above, have changed that thinking.
Yeah, I had first heard and mentioned here about the PtN option several years back, but that was constantly delayed. Thankfully, the edict coming from higher up in the company is likely to land us with a long-term parade instead of a temporary hand-me-down used for marketing.

I’m not as well versed in Disneyland entertainment and I know Fantasmic! is their focus this year but I would not be at all surprised if the rumors that they want to keep their PtN and run it with an update or 2 for their 70th next year are true. So several forces may have aligned to actually give WDW its own, new parade.
It’s a physical parade you’ll watch from the street side. With blinky blinks. And then an hour later, big boom boom in the sky.

Like in the olden days.

Wait for the toddler moms to come in and complain that little Westley can’t stay awake until 10 pm for fireworks!
I think the opening of EPIC will be a significant one for WDW :)
Could even be here for the opening of Epic Universe!

Gringrinngghost

Train from airport to Disney Springs
  • Brightline discussion thread [here]
  • Target is 2023, but, could be delayed to 2024 [here]
  • No [official]
@Moth it's time for an update.

1714849670816.png

Page 53: https://corporate.sunrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/CFCRC-4-25-24.pdf

Moth

Original Poster
Okay okay I'm back. I gotta add Tiana's opening date, but other than that, anything I've missed lately?

CaptainRexy

In the Parks
Yes
Aside from Tiana’s…

Explosive finale for Thunder has seemingly been confirmed, per Mickey Views: https://mickeyviews.com/news/explos...-disney-worlds-big-thunder-mountain-railroad/.

Concept art for South America Land at DAK! https://x.com//status/1797816435294744842?s=46 [allegedly Imagineering and Animal Care are arguing over whether new animals should actually be added to the area]

Aside from those, Disney Parks shared a new update video about the Country Bears redo a couple days back! Not terribly exciting but did confirm two of the songs. Oh, and Disney Dreams That Soar (aka the drone test show) officially debuted at Disney Springs on May 24 and will run until September 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom