Rumor WDW Rumor Tracker - Revenge of the Fifth (Supercharge of $60 Billion Edition)

Moth

Original Poster
Fixed up links, added a link to the Sacred Timeline thread and added some more stuff regarding the status of PLAY!, after digging it looks like a reliable source has never said the word "cancelled" but. despite it very likely being it's fate, I refuse to say it without a disclaimer.

BrianLo

Thank you! I’ll suggest this again, we have 4 other versions of this thread. There’s really no need to keep things crossed out, delete them.

Gut it down to the bones, no one needs to see rumors from 7 years ago. Hopefully there will be more action and substance moving forward, but that doesn’t need to be bogged down by a running timeline of long cancelled projects.

BasiltheBatLord

Thank you! I’ll suggest this again, we have 4 other versions of this thread. There’s really no need to keep things crossed out, delete them.

Gut it down to the bones, no one needs to see rumors from 7 years ago. Hopefully there will be more action and substance moving forward, but that doesn’t need to be bogged down by a running timeline of long cancelled projects.
Since you brought it up I’ll agree. There’s way too much fluff in the current tracker, much of which exists from many years ago and can be cut to streamline the tracker to current rumors and projects.

Not my place to tell someone else how to run their thread, but as this forum is WDW-focused I personally feel it makes sense to pay careful attention bringing the WDW tracker up to date.

Moth

Original Poster
I wanted to keep the crossed out stuff for information reasons but I do want to trim down on the fat in the posts.

Gusey

Your free to do so! I don't think one has.
Thanks. I've made one for Disneyland Paris and one for the Asia Parks:

BrianLo

I wanted to keep the crossed out stuff for information reasons but I do want to trim down on the fat in the posts.

Totally get it! Tons of work went into building this in the past, but that’s what the old threads are for. You don’t see a front facing revision history on a wiki article. It’s just really not easy to read and frankly about 5% of the rumors on there are active, which is really quite difficult to figure out. I have to click every source to find out it’s something Martin said in 2017… so it’s really not relevant.

The harder option, if everyone prefers the current format with way more information, would be to date the rumors in the source link I.e. [here - 2017]

I am naturally quite grateful to the effort put into these threads, absolutely not a criticism of anyone who has put past or current effort into the trackers. Just a suggestion acknowledging I’m not the one doing the work!

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Totally get it! Tons of work went into building this in the past, but that’s what the old threads are for. You don’t see a front facing revision history on a wiki article. It’s just really not easy to read and frankly about 5% of the rumors on there are active, which is really quite difficult to figure out. I have to click every source to find out it’s something Martin said in 2017… so it’s really not relevant.

The harder option, if everyone prefers the current format with way more information, would be to date the rumors in the source link I.e. [here - 2017]

I am naturally quite grateful to the effort put into these threads, absolutely not a criticism of anyone who has put past or current effort into the trackers. Just a suggestion acknowledging I’m not the one doing the work!
I like the link with the year option, rather than getting rid of a rumor completely. It's sometimes fun to see the evolution of said rumor.

Interesting tid bits to see the timing of epic universe and the HK (hong Kong) announcement. I think related for sure with the building permits listed above. I’ve heard work could being quicker than anticipated and also especially since Tianna opens up this summer. It bears the question on what could be next and also before we know it?

Gusey

A few things for when you do your next update regarding new entertainment coming to WDW:

Last edited:

Gusey

Also:
Disney Skyline between Pop and Disney Spring is/was phase 2:
Avatar Producer Jon Landau visits Walt Disney Imagineering to discuss future projects

Last edited:

TTA94

A few things for when you do your next update regarding new entertainment coming to WDW:

Well wdwmagic did say plans for a night parade are in the works, but what we don’t know and it wasn’t clarified yet if it’s related to a possible drone show like the Paris Electrical Sky Parade or if it’s an actual light parade “one the ground”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom