Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot

• Security Entrance
  • As part of the effort to move the 'security bubble' out to include the monorail, the monorail resort guests wind up going through security twice. There is a plan to fix that as part of the front of park rebuild project. [here] { added }
Magic Kingdom
  • Stitch's replacement
    • An unknown replacement is due to open with the next three years (from 2017) [here] {added}
  • Adventureland
    • Maybe even the Swiss Family Treehouse will get some sort of change. [here]{ added }
    • Tiki Room: a possible contender of multiple plans is to replace Tiki Room with something else....
      • Moana is front runner to join the birds, possibly [here] {added}

Last edited:

epcotWSC

I'm staying at GF and only had to go through security once to go to MK. They check you before you before you go onto the monorail and then when you arrive they have a separate area with no security checks to get into the park. The double check may only apply to Epcot (I drove to Epcot, so I'm not sure how it works).

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm staying at GF and only had to go through security once to go to MK. They check you before you before you go onto the monorail and then when you arrive they have a separate area with no security checks to get into the park. The double check may only apply to Epcot (I drove to Epcot, so I'm not sure how it works).

Ah, you're right, it's an Epcot problem. Fixing it...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
DAK

Adding Indiana Jones and Getting Rid of Dinosaurs
  • Indiana Jones may be coming to AK, especially Dinoland, which would replace Dinosaur them [here]
    • a plan that is still very much on the table [here] {added}

Magic Kingdom

Speedway is getting an overhaul. [Here.]
  • Maybe a Tron theme for Speedway by 2021? [Here] and [Here] and [Here] {last link added}

General Park
  • While "more Disney" is a company goal leading to incorporating established Disney IPs from movies into the parks, there still is the possibility of "non-IP" attractions being added. [here] {added}

Disney Maddux

If permits are correct, then Galaxy's Edge might see an opening of October 2019 (one permit said October 28th, 2019, so maybe official opening day?), would M&MRR probably open on the exact same day, or are we probably gonna see a 2-3 week opening difference?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
If permits are correct, then Galaxy's Edge might see an opening of October 2019 (one permit said October 28th, 2019, so maybe official opening day?), would M&MRR probably open on the exact same day, or are we probably gonna see a 2-3 week opening difference?

As mentioned, permit expiration dates are unreliable for opening dates. The permit could be just for one aspect of the ride/land that finishes before the rest, or, they can be rather easily extended or renewed.

As for opening MMRR with SWGEB at the same time... seems that's what they're aiming at when they pulled the trigger on MMRR. Though the exact completion time of either could change that by a little or a lot.

Please see the discussion threads for MMRR and SWGEB for more info.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Epcot

World Showcase
  • Agent P game might be replaced by a Duck Tales version [here] {new}

• UK Pavilion: And now Brave seems to be off the table in favor of some other IP for some unknown type of ride [here] {new}

MK: Tomorrowland: TRON: Most importantly, it seems the TL to Circus path will remain and be widened! [here] {new}

Resorts: Star Wars Land Resort: it may even open at the same time with the Land! [here] {new}

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Resorts

A Star Wars theme hotel
  • maybe opening the same time that SWGEB opens [here] { added }

Epcot Main Entrance: Brand new resort complexes in the area of Epcot entrance (not Crescent Lake), four in the running [at least two somewhat likely]
  • Expect one resort by 2021 or two resorts to be done by 2023 [here] { added }

Maybe 6 new boutique hotels 2018-2031 [here] { added }​

Magic Kingdom

Liberty to Frontier
  • Maybe new songs for Country Bears [here] { added }

Epcot

Land Pavilion
  • Living with the Land refurb [likely]
  • Circle of Life replaced [likely]
  • additionally, a dining refresh [here] { added }

the Ratatouille Ride

• the placement of the Rat ride would not necessitate any changes to IdF or any of France's restaurants or shops, however, that doesn't mean a separate decision could affect them, e.g, updated the IdF [here]
    • in fact, a "new" film is penciled in for 2020 [here] { added }

Brazil:
  • Brazil's paperwork is being finalized [here] { added }

The UK:
  • And now Brave seems to be off the table in favor of some other IP for some unknown type of ride [here]
  • Actually, in development hell, but still projected for MK's 50th (2021). [here] { added }

Timeline

• EP: New film for Impressions de France { added }

• EP: a new resort by (or on) front gate { added }

• EP: a second (or the first) new resort by (or on) the front gate { added }

• maybe 6 new boutique resorts 2018-2031 { added }
.​

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney Springs
  • Marketplace Makeover: Beginning fall 2017 or early 2018, Marketplace shops will be refurbed to bring them up to DS level
  • In approval stages [here] {updated}

Animal Kingdom
  • Flights of Wonder: Might be having its last show Dec 31, 2017 according to cast members [here] and cryptically confirmed by an insider [here] Confirmed that it will go into refurb to become a new bird show featuring Up characters. [here] {updated}

Epcot
  • Festivals: There is an idea for a summer event... [here] {added}

• Star Tours
  • Sometime in the future, split ST so that half ends in Batuu and half show the old scenes. [here] [here] [here] {added}

Magic Kingdom
  • Main Street: New Theater...
    • will hold 2,000 people (500 in balcony), have restrooms inside and out, similar to Big Band Theater in Tokyo [here] {added}

x

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
DHS

Hollywood Studios is still getting an unknown name change, but that seems to be held off until the new Lands are completed. What an adventure!
  • Name change may coincide with SWL and MMRR openings. [here] {added}

The Millennium Falcon ride (code: Big Bird) will be a simulator ride. Riders can affect the course of their ship (fly cleanly or bang around). [here]
  • Hondo Ohnaka may be a key character for the ride [here] {added}

Star Wars Land
  • a proposed "phase two" for SWL is roughly a decade away [here] {added}
  • how about a do-it-yourself make-a-droid shop? For $100? [here] {added}

Resorts

Star Wars Resort
  • will likely have a direct external entrance into SWL [here] {added}

Epcot

Illuminations: a major update, or complete replacement of Illuminations [strong] early summer 2019, in 2020 [here], mid 2019 (for now) [here] or even in 2021 because of HEA v.2 [here], possibly or even probably including drones {updated}
  • To be called "Windows on the World" [here] {added}
  • which is down to two competing concepts [here] {added}

• timeline: now up in the air due to the overlay becoming less definite and more iffy [here] {updated}

American Adventure film to go digital with the unfortunate ending [Lance Armstrong, Tiger Woods] being updated [likely]
  • digital update likely in Jan-Feb 2018 refurb [here] {added}

UK Ride

And Mary Poppins is back in the lead again. A merry-go-round or some other ride types are being considered. [here] [here] [here] {added}​

Disney Maddux

There's a big debate going on with what type of ride the Millennium Falcon ride will be. Most people are saying a turn table, but others are saying it'll be like the Mission: SPACE simulators. Personally I'd want it to be like the Mission: SPACE simulators as I'm not the biggest fan of turn table attractions. Do you have any inside information on this?

Zeb Zoober

There's a big debate going on with what type of ride the Millennium Falcon ride will be. Most people are saying a turn table, but others are saying it'll be like the Mission: SPACE simulators. Personally I'd want it to be like the Mission: SPACE simulators as I'm not the biggest fan of turn table attractions. Do you have any inside information on this?

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I don't think we're supposed to ask questions like that in this particular thread. Maybe try finding one about that ride. I hope this doesn't come across as rude, I just don't want people telling you off for being in the wrong thread.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
@MisterPenguin Thanks for this! Do you ever plan on starting a “Rumour and Timeline thread” for Universal?

Sorry, nope. This already takes up a lot of my time.

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I don't think we're supposed to ask questions like that in this particular thread. Maybe try finding one about that ride. I hope this doesn't come across as rude, I just don't want people telling you off for being in the wrong thread.

Indeed. Most likely these off-topic posts will be deleted by a mod. Please go to the relevant thread for discussions that's about the subject of a rumor rather than the status of the rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom