Rumor WDW Rumor and Timeline Tracker v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanDLBZF

Alrighty, I doubt @MisterPenguin updated the SGE rumor, but it seems as if the Stitch M&G will be moving on Sunday (10/8) to the pre-show area of the attraction. That's in addition to rumored character changes planned to happen in November over at Epcot (i.e. Zootopia, Coco).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alrighty, I doubt @MisterPenguin updated the SGE rumor, but it seems as if the Stitch M&G will be moving on Sunday (10/8) to the pre-show area of the attraction. That's in addition to rumored character changes planned to happen in November over at Epcot (i.e. Zootopia, Coco).

It's not really a rumor that SGE is becoming a M&G... Disney announced it with a big sign. The rumor is that some other ride/attraction is coming.

Could you link to where one of our insiders said that there are unannounced (so far) M&G changes happening WRT Coco and Zootopia? I must have missed it.

IanDLBZF

Could you link to where one of our insiders said that there are unannounced (so far) M&G changes happening WRT Coco and Zootopia? I must have missed it.
Zootopia has been rumored so far by charactercentral.net's KnightRider. Though I'd not be surprised if they return to this year's MVMCP.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Zootopia has been rumored so far by charactercentral.net's KnightRider. Though I'd not be surprised if they return to this year's MVMCP.

Just checked out that thread on charactercenteral.net and when they questioned KnightRider for the source... things got real sketchy real fast. So, too weak a rumor to track. If you can get one of our insiders to confirm, that would be great.

Sped2424

Just checked out that thread on charactercenteral.net and when they questioned KnightRider for the source... things got real sketchy real fast. So, too weak a rumor to track. If you can get one of our insiders to confirm, that would be great.
At one point they were headed for Epcot. That may still be the case, but for now I haven't heard anything new on the front leading me to believe it's either not happening or was replaced in favor of spreading budget elsewhere.

IanDLBZF

At one point they were headed for Epcot. That may still be the case, but for now I haven't heard anything new on the front leading me to believe it's either not happening or was replaced in favor of spreading budget elsewhere.
Sounds like at this rate they may be headed back for MVMCP just like last year.

stretchsje

All the threads for this attraction end up being closed due to political talk, but... Hall of Presidents is now officially listed as closed for the remainder of 2017. (Probably just means reopening date is unknown.) That's one heck of a long refurb.

Edit: Now there's no end date listed on the official site. Said through December 31st, 2017 when I checked earlier this week. Maybe this is non-news.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Magic Kingdom

• Stitch's Great Escape had gone into seasonal mode. It was going to be a Wreck It Ralph ride (like Minions/Simpson in Universal), but that is nixed. Some other IP is going there by mid 2020. [here] {updated}
  • Now, it will be a Stitch M&G. But will Stitch 'the ride' still come back seasonally? Unknown. [here] {added}
  • There may be a semi-permanent attraction other than the M&G in there in time for the 50th. [here] {added}

Epcot

• In the interim: Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions may reopen. [here] {removed}
    • and... most likely not [here] {removed}

Disney Springs

Cirque has just bought Blue Man Group and may be looking to open another Cirque show in Orlando, maybe in Universal, maybe a Cirque-themed resort. A Universal show may feature Universal/DreamWorks IPs like the Disney Springs one may feature Disney IPs. [here] {added}

AnotherDayAnotherDollar

Any rumors of Disney being interested in buying SeaWorld? They are a possible buyer (along with Comcast, Cedar, Six Flags, Merlin, Parque, and others). I think they have the most to gain and the price is right.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Gondola Lift!
  • To open March to October 2019 [here], or, closer to spring 2019 [here] {updated}

Epcot

Illuminations: a major update, or complete replacement of Illuminations [strong] early summer 2019, in 2020 [here], or even in 2021 because of HEA v.2 [here], possibly or even probably including drones
{updated}

AK

Some unspecified AK changes expected before 2021 [here] {added}

Rivers of Light

Resorts
  • Exploratory borings for a new Epcot retention pond seems likely to indicate new building in the area [here] {added}

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Magic Kingdom

Liberty to Frontier
  • Frontier was supposed to get an update for the 50th, but Tomorrowland edged it out. [here] {added}
Fantasyland
  • Nothing major is coming to FL [here] {added}

Epcot

The UK: ....
  • the ride has been greenlit... whatever it is [here] {added}
Wonders of Life - ..
  • Nothing to be done there until 2021 [here] or much longer [here] {added}

DHS

Fantasmic!
  • Fantasmic is due for some change [here] or not [here] {added}

• Mermaid, Beauty...
  • Both are due for some change [here] and [here] {added}
Muppet Courtyard
  • Muppets are staying for a while [here] {added}
Star Tours
  • Star Tours eventually reconfigured for some other IP after SWL opens [here] {added}

DAK

Pandora: An extra attraction and a full sit-down restaurant a possible addition [here] [updated]. It does exist, but unlikely to be enacted [here] {last link added}

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
In General / Park Wide

• The ride system of Flight of Passage is being considered for two other attractions [here] {added}
  • Other than minor things at DHS (e.g., incorporating songs from the Frozen short into the sing-along), no more Frozen additions expected in WDW. [here] {added}

Cameron1529

Magic Kingdom

Liberty to Frontier
  • Frontier was supposed to get an update for the 50th, but Tomorrowland edged it out. [here] {added}
Fantasyland
  • Nothing major is coming to FL [here] {added}

Epcot

The UK: ....
  • the ride has been greenlit... whatever it is [here] {added}
Wonders of Life - ..
  • Nothing to be done there until 2021 [here] or much longer [here] {added}

DHS

Fantasmic!
  • Fantasmic is due for some change [here] or not [here] {added}

• Mermaid, Beauty...
  • Both are due for some change [here] and [here] {added}
Muppet Courtyard
  • Muppets are staying for a while [here] {added}
Star Tours
  • Star Tours eventually reconfigured for some other IP after SWL opens [here] {added}

DAK

Pandora: An extra attraction and a full sit-down restaurant a possible addition [here] [updated]. It does exist, but unlikely to be enacted [here] {last link added}

Is there any more information on what additional ride would be in Pandora or in the UK pavilion?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is there any more information on what additional ride would be in Pandora or in the UK pavilion?

No. I believe any possible future Pandora ride isn't nailed down yet, let alone pulling the trigger on making a third ride happen at all.

And it seems that the UK ride is nailed down, but insiders won't directly confirm what it is, although their hints point to a Brave IP for the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom