WDW Restaurant Fall Madness: Elite 8

Splashman

Original Poster
As we move onto the Elite 8, the Sweet 16 presented us with some fierce battles as we take one step closer to declaring a champion. There have been some tough matches up to this point and they are only going to get harder as we progress through the final rounds of this tournament. So far, we have had our fair share of lopsided matches as well as many tight battles and even several upsets. We are down to two competitors per each of our four regions. While some of these were expected to make it this far, I am surprised by some as well. While I am not going to reveal who has which seed, I will reveal the seeding match-ups. In no particular order, the matches by seed are:

#1 vs. #2
#1 vs. #2
#1 vs. #11
#5 vs. #6

It will be very interesting to see how these matches play out and who will advance to the Final Four.

As usual, the first restaurant in each set to receive (12) votes wins the match and you are voting for the restaurant you like better in each match. Also, feel free to include any comments on why you voted that way or discuss your feelings on some of the restaurants in the current matches. The matches are:

Magic Kingdom Region:

Le Cellier Steakhouse (Epcot) vs. Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room (Epcot)
(Le Cellier has wins over Olivia's Cafe, Biergarten Restaurant, and Narcoossee's. Rose and Crown has wins over Wolfgang Puck Cafe, 50's Prime Time Cafe, and Boma - Flavors of Africa).

Epcot Region:

Tusker House Restaurant (Animal Kingdom) vs. Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
(Tusker House has wins over Nine Dragons, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Hoop Dee Doo. Whispering Canyon has wins over Shutter's at Old Port Royale, Tutto Italia Ristorante, and Via Napoli).

Hollywood Studios Region:

California Grill (Contemporary) vs. Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)
(California Grill has wins over T-Rex, Mama Melrose's, and Chef Mickey's. Yachtsman Steakhouse has wins over Ragland Road, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and Teppan Edo).

Animal Kingdom Region:

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge) vs. 'Ohana (Polynesian)
(Artist Point has wins over 1900 Park Fare, Yak and Yeti, and Les Chefs de France. 'Ohana has wins over Tony's Town Square, Trail's End, and Fulton's Crab House).

Have fun!

docandsix

Le Cellier (very close)

Can't fairly comment on the others... But is Tusker House really better than Whispering Canyon? I haven't been since it became a sit-down, and it was a very good counter-service (still miss it), but a character meal buffet, really?

WDW_Emily

Magic Kingdom Region:
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Epcot Region:
Tusker House Restaurant
Hollywood Studios Region:
California Grill (Contemporary)
Animal Kingdom Region:
'Ohana (Polynesian)

Splashman

Original Poster
But is Tusker House really better than Whispering Canyon? I haven't been since it became a sit-down, and it was a very good counter-service (still miss it), but a character meal buffet, really?

Both Tusker House and Whispering Canyon are both high up on my list, but that is just my opinion. I have done both Tusker House for dinner and Whispering Canyon for lunch several times and they are not character meals, at least during those meal times. Personally, I thing the buffet at Tusker House is one of the better buffets at WDW and you can't beat the Canyon Skillet at Whispering Canyon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom