News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

asianway

Why do you think this would benefit the owners?, Remember DVD contracts for all the services from another Disney unit there is no REAL arms length transaction or a requirement to bid for services on terms beneficial to the owners.

Best case MF's would remain level, In reality they would probably go up due to the new 'adminstrative' expenses.
This is 100% accurate. You may want to stick more to posts like this, rather than press the "they will find a way to charge DVC for parking narrative".

Thanks

jakeman

because there's no factual trend over the past 5 years or so.
Of using loopholes in DVC contracts to charge for services that were once included in said contract?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there has been a trend in that.

Doesn't change the fact that there is some serious pearl clutching the last few pages over pure speculation.

Minthorne

I believe parking is part of your deed, if that is the case, there is literally no way this can be changed for current DVC members.

If they could I’m pretty sure they would have already in DL and Aluni where cash reservations have always paid to park and DVC never has. If they ever do I’ll buy Ford an intergalactic gargle blaster.

Last edited:

21stamps

There is speculation resort fees may be coming not in effct yet just on site resort parking fees you can still drive to the parks as an onsite guest and not have to pay the $22

A $50 resort fee + $25 parking fee may push me away from booking certain resorts, or certain room types anyway... but, being how full said resorts have been, I don’t think it would put a dent in reservations.

I don’t see a resort fee coming any time soon.. but I was wrong about parking fees, so who knows. Still doubtful.

Most likely if that happened, I think a lot of rental car people would just wait until the last day of their trip to rent a car...probably what I would do.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A $50 resort fee + $25 parking fee may push me away from booking certain resorts, or certain room types anyway... but, being how full said resorts have been, I don’t think it would put a dent in reservations.

I don’t see a resort fee coming any time soon.. but I was wrong about parking fees, so who knows. Still doubtful.

Most likely if that happened, I think a lot of rental car people would just wait until the last day of their trip to rent a car...probably what I would do.

My guess - January 1, 2019 = Debut of the Disney Resort Fee©. After the backlash from the Disney Parking Fee© fiasco, it probably won't be announced and it will be quietly added to new reservations at first, but it won't take long for word to spread.

homerdance

I love this forum.

Everyone's run out of steam being mad at the parking fees, so now it's time to work on being pre-mad at something that there is no indication is going to happen in the near future.
I am still peeved. It’s a hidden fee plain and simple. Wouldn’t care if they upped the price by 23 a night but this is just a bait and switch. Soon comes the MDE fee or the geo fence Uber/LYFT fees. Just BS.

disneyflush

But don't you feel that you come at this from a higher income bracket perspective?

kylewr86

Who did you email? I emailed guest services, Iger, Chapek, and Kalogridis Friday. I received a phone call and an email from someone responding on their behalf Saturday morning. Missed the call and haven't called back yet. The same person called and left another voicemail yesterday evening.

Heres what i just recieved, basically they dont care unless alot more people complain and stop staying onsite. Makes no difference unless it costs them money.
Screenshot_20180322-172913.png

Captain Barbossa

Heres what i just recieved, basically they dont care unless alot more people complain and stop staying onsite. Makes no difference unless it costs them money.View attachment 271803
Translation: We don’t give a flying (you know what) about your thoughts on the overnight resort parking fee. Pay it or kiss our @$$ , or both. Either one will be happily be accepted.

Warmest regards (LMAO)

Anyways, that’s exactly the type of sorry BS response that I would expect for them to make regarding this matter. Am surprised that they actually responded back to you.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Translation: We don’t give a flying (you know what) about your thoughts on the overnight resort parking fee. Pay it or kiss our @$$, or both. Either one will be happily be accepted.

Warmest regards (LMAO)

Anyways, that’s exactly the type of sorry BS response that I would expect for them to make regarding this matter. Am surprised that they actually responded back to you.

haha...what else are they going to say? "I am sorry, we will reverse this new policy just for you!" ?

21stamps

But don't you feel that you come at this from a higher income bracket perspective?
I hate the fees.. I’m not justifying them. However, it is what is.. If a resort fee gets added as well, then I’d look at a different room type or not having a car on property..I agree with people who say there’s a “limit”, I have one too. I’m just not going to pretend that I’m going to start boycotting Disney over a parking fee.

John park hopper

I love the statment "as well as overall Industry standards" Yea, Disney you are cherry picking what industry standards you will align yourself with the ones that make you money with no effort . Charge for parking, how about complimentary breakfast that has become an industry standard for many hotel chains --Embassy Suites. How about delux resorts that reflex industry standards and not just the price. Disney motto suck it up and take it there are plenty out there that will if you don't
Just sent them an email

Last edited:

UncleMike101

Well.......
I just got off the phone with Luke, a WDW Guest Experience Services Rep.
He thanked me for my three e mails and assured me that George was concerned by the large number of similar complaints that he's received. We discussed the current atmosphere on boards such as this one and he said that they do monitor them closely and have been concerned by the large up swelling of unhappy Disney customers who are commenting on the situation. He said they are particularly concerned by the sheer number of people who have taken the time to write Disney and express their displeasure. (The number of e mails seems to be a trigger for them so if anyone out there hasn't written one yet, do so.)
I explained our family situation insofar as we aren't in the "upper class" income bracket and a trip to WDW is a major financial commitment for us. The conversation went into the background of Boomers like myself who grew up having Walt in our homes every week on his TV programs and having the MM Club on the TV every school day evening. I told him that it has been the long time Disney devotees who have sustained the Disney Company for over fifty years and that I, and I presumed many others like me, were disappointed in the money grubbing attitude put forth by the Company in recent years. I mentioned Mr Igers astronomical income figure and noted that he was likely a valuable asset to them but those of us attending the parks feel like we're giving him large amounts of money and he's milking us dry to maintain that income level.
He assured me that the upper Management are paying close attention to the situation and have been discussing the unusually large response to the new fees. I explained that it wasn't the parking fees themselves that brought this situation on but an overall attitude of the Disney Company that we should just shut up and pay up. I went on to give him my Wife's take on the whole situation and told him that whether we return to WDW in future years or not will likely hinge on if she decides to go one more time, and how she feels about the experience. She, like many others, wants a fair return on our investment and if we have to keep shelling out more, and more, money for an experience that gives us less, and less, enjoyment we will stop visiting.
In closing he told me to keep an eye on the Fan sites, like this one, and the Disney Blogs and to not lose faith in Disney just yet.
I mentioned to him that I'd seen where Catherine Powell, Head of Disney Paris, had been named as the head of Disney Western Region, which includes WDW, and judging by her reputation as a customer oriented leader I was hoping that she could convince George to return to the old policy of "Customer First". He said he hadn't seen the news about Ms Powell but he would share our discussion with George personally.
I've spent a considerable number of years questioning/interrogating people and have developed a very acute BS meter.
This conversation was, IMO, a fishing expedition, and not a "canned response" call, for WDW Management to feel out whether we are serious about our angst over the new fees or if we are just venting for the moment. He was contrite and repeated that Disney valued those of us who spend our hard earned dollars at their venues. My feeling is that they had no idea that this issue would balloon to the proportions that it has and expected it to dry up and blow away in a couple of days.
Perhaps if people continue to make this a talking point the Management will accede to their unhappy customers and take some measures to sooth over our damaged faith in their judgment.
BTW; He never once mentioned the ridiculous "Industry Standard" stance.

durangojim

I don’t like it but I’m not surprised considering most other resorts charge similar fees. It’s not going to prevent me from going to WDW.

JoeCamel

Well.......
y valued those of us who spend our hard earned dollars at their venues. My feeling is that they had no idea that this issue would balloon to the proportions that it has and expected it to dry up and blow away in a couple of days.
Perhaps if people continue to make this a talking point the Management will accede to their unhappy customers and take some measures to sooth over our damaged faith in their judgment.

If they didn't know this would blow up then they are more out of touch with their customer base and inept than @ford91exploder gives them credit for. A 1st year business student could see tacking a parking fee on top of their exorbitant room rates would be met with a hue and cry unlike what has been seen in Celebration to this point.
Really a bunch of BS delivered by a seasoned "fixer.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I wonder how discretionary this fee will be. Do the front desk staff or managers have the authority to waive it, or a part of it? I'm not advocating fabricating things for the sole purpose of gaming the system, but if there is an issue....

As an example, one year I stayed at Swan while the Gartner Conference was going on. The Swan lot was so crowded, the majority of the time I had to park at the Dolphin lot (which was recommended by the Swan) and lug a double stroller through the Dolphin, down the elevators, around the lake, and ultimately to the Swan almost every night. When checking out, I mentioned the hassle, and without hesitation the entire parking fee was waived.

Another time was at Hilton Bonnet Creek during a medical conference. The pool was so over-crowded it was ridiculous (due to not only overnight attendees - I found out while talking to some - that about 25% were day attendees along with their families who were not even staying there). Couldn't have eaten in the restaurant if I wanted to. Mentioned to the front desk that I felt the resort fee was unwarranted due to the situation. - Immediately waived.

Again not looking to game the system. If a resort charges fees, I'll pay the fees. But if there are situations like these that happen I hope Disney has some sort of flexibility other than "contact guest services when you get home"

Last edited:

kylewr86

Well.......
I just got off the phone with Luke, a WDW Guest Experience Services Rep.
He thanked me for my three e mails and assured me that George was concerned by the large number of similar complaints that he's received. We discussed the current atmosphere on boards such as this one and he said that they do monitor them closely and have been concerned by the large up swelling of unhappy Disney customers who are commenting on the situation. He said they are particularly concerned by the sheer number of people who have taken the time to write Disney and express their displeasure. (The number of e mails seems to be a trigger for them so if anyone out there hasn't written one yet, do so.)
I explained our family situation insofar as we aren't in the "upper class" income bracket and a trip to WDW is a major financial commitment for us. The conversation went into the background of Boomers like myself who grew up having Walt in our homes every week on his TV programs and having the MM Club on the TV every school day evening. I told him that it has been the long time Disney devotees who have sustained the Disney Company for over fifty years and that I, and I presumed many others like me, were disappointed in the money grubbing attitude put forth by the Company in recent years. I mentioned Mr Igers astronomical income figure and noted that he was likely a valuable asset to them but those of us attending the parks feel like we're giving him large amounts of money and he's milking us dry to maintain that income level.
He assured me that the upper Management are paying close attention to the situation and have been discussing the unusually large response to the new fees. I explained that it wasn't the parking fees themselves that brought this situation on but an overall attitude of the Disney Company that we should just shut up and pay up. I went on to give him my Wife's take on the whole situation and told him that whether we return to WDW in future years or not will likely hinge on if she decides to go one more time, and how she feels about the experience. She, like many others, wants a fair return on our investment and if we have to keep shelling out more, and more, money for an experience that gives us less, and less, enjoyment we will stop visiting.
In closing he told me to keep an eye on the Fan sites, like this one, and the Disney Blogs and to not lose faith in Disney just yet.
I mentioned to him that I'd seen where Catherine Powell, Head of Disney Paris, had been named as the head of Disney Western Region, which includes WDW, and judging by her reputation as a customer oriented leader I was hoping that she could convince George to return to the old policy of "Customer First". He said he hadn't seen the news about Ms Powell but he would share our discussion with George personally.
I've spent a considerable number of years questioning/interrogating people and have developed a very acute BS meter.
This conversation was, IMO, a fishing expedition, and not a "canned response" call, for WDW Management to feel out whether we are serious about our angst over the new fees or if we are just venting for the moment. He was contrite and repeated that Disney valued those of us who spend our hard earned dollars at their venues. My feeling is that they had no idea that this issue would balloon to the proportions that it has and expected it to dry up and blow away in a couple of days.

Thx mike as i said everyone needs to call, write, email. Let them know bc if the masses do it together we can change it.

jsand99

I emailed last Thursday and the same lady calling on behalf of the Bobs and George has called me Friday, Tuesday and today. She's left really long messages each time and seems to really want to talk. I'll call her tomorrow and report back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom