News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

nickys

Premium Member
I just chatted with a cast member and, according to him/her, the parking fee will be on reservations made 3/21 or later. I'll find out if that is correct on my 5/4 trip.

If you log on or phone on or after 21st March to make a booking you will have to pay for parking.

It's the date the booking is actually made that counts, not the date of the stay.

BuenaVistaBob

The Disney Resorts, whether value on up, are some of the most expensive resorts in the US for the size of the rooms. To charge for "GUEST" parking is NOT what I believe "Walt would do". I see corporate greed all over this one. This is so upsetting I am seriously thinking I am done with Disney. Yes they have free transportation to and from parks etc. but we have always rented a car as we have always been able to get from point A to B much much quicker. Plus if you want to make a day trip to the ocean or whatever you can. To date I have never paid for parking at any hotel/motel I have stayed at. If this trend to gouge "Guests" continues I see this as beginning of the end of what has been known as great customer service and honoring their guest.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're still on at this? Really?

They would have to take the maintenance of the parking lots out of the dues. So how would they then be paid for? You have stand alone DVC properties, so the maintenance can't be shared with the main non-DVC resort.

DVC are subject to Florida timeshare laws. And parking comes into that contractual arrangement. Disney can't just ride rough-shod over those at will. Perks offered to members are totally separate from contractual matters.

There's no doubt this is a massive benefit to those renting, and will be promoted as such. It could even lead to a rise in the point rental rates. I assume the brokers will follow what happens with private renters, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

It's not a "still on this" type thing..it's experience on both sides of the name tag of not trusting the viper.

I'm not saying it's likely...I just wonder if they'd tried to manipulate it. They've never had qualms/difficulty in the past.

I will say that I don't trust the ascertion that owner guaranteed inclusion translates to renters is a no brainer. Rentals of dvc is kinda like scalpers...they're just tolerated. I don't think they can legally prohibit it - that's your Florida law thing - but that doesn't mean the day won't come where they wouldn't be interested in challenging if.

Settle down, beavis.

Donal Duck

Anyone know if you have handicap parking will you be charged to park overnight?
Now you can park anywhere on Disney property with free valet parking if you have a handicap parking pass.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Anyone know if you have handicap parking will you be charged to park overnight?
Now you can park anywhere on Disney property with free valet parking if you have a handicap parking pass.
Free Valet Parking is still available for guests with accessible parking placards at resorts that have Valet. I can't imagine they would charge to self-park at those that don't.

The Disney site is not clear on that.

nickys

Premium Member
It's not a "still on this" type thing..it's experience on both sides of the name tag of not trusting the viper.

I'm not saying it's likely...I just wonder if they'd tried to manipulate it. They've never had qualms/difficulty in the past.

I will say that I don't trust the ascertion that owner guaranteed inclusion translates to renters is a no brainer. Rentals of dvc is kinda like scalpers...they're just tolerated. I don't think they can legally prohibit it - that's your Florida law thing - but that doesn't mean the day won't come where they wouldn't be interested in challenging if.

Settle down, beavis.

We're actually specifically entitled to rent out our points, it's stated in the deeds that we can.

Now the brokers getting involved, that may rile them a bit I agree. But as far as renting out points goes, they allowed it . And there is no way of telling whether someone is simply using an owner's points for free, renting directly from an owner or renting through a broker. So I cannot see how they could challenge it at all. How would they prove you didn't just give your friends the use of your points?

As for the "still on it" remark. It must be about the third or fourth time you've brought it up. Initially it appeared you didn't know, I think you said they would have to pay. Then you started to say Disney could clamp down, now you're saying they might challenge it. Well, unless they find a way to distinguish a broker rental,from a friend using the points, they can't.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Free Valet Parking is still available for guests with accessible parking placards at resorts that have Valet. I can't imagine they would charge to self-park at those that don't.

The Disney site is not clear on that.
When you get really specific it is hard to figure things out. For example, several years ago when I brought my Thanksgiving feast into the park, I was never able to work through Disney's labryrinthian bureaucracy and find out if different rules applied for transporting fresh cranberries versus cranberry in a can, thought logic would dictate that those things must be handled very differently when going through security.

Tony the Tigger

I know, those cousin Eddies parading around everywhere. Incredibly gauche.

Incredibly gawrsh, too.

72F48318-FB27-4838-9A94-6344EED04CDF.jpeg

21stamps

...and you fell right into the trap.

"Good thing we can hurry up and give them
Money..."

Jeez

Two choices- Announce after people booked that the new policy is “effective immediately”
Or
Give a warning, let people book for nearly a week more and still be grandfathered in.

That’s not a trap. It may make someone decide to book a little earlier than planned.

As far as me falling into misstated trap- I do always encourage people to read the full text of a post. It helps.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Two choices- Announce after people booked that the new policy is “effective immediately”
Or
Give a warning, let people book for nearly a week more and still be grandfathered in.

That’s not a trap. -->>It may make someone decide to book a little earlier than planned.<<--

As far as me falling into misstated trap- I do always encourage people to read the full text of a post. It helps.

It's a tactic...give notice to spur bookings.

Just like they don't give notice on tickets...because 90% are prebought and they want to snare those that didn't.

You even typed out the trap above. Reading is great...common sense is better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're actually specifically entitled to rent out our points, it's stated in the deeds that we can.

Now the brokers getting involved, that may rile them a bit I agree. But as far as renting out points goes, they allowed it . And there is no way of telling whether someone is simply using an owner's points for free, renting directly from an owner or renting through a broker. So I cannot see how they could challenge it at all. How would they prove you didn't just give your friends the use of your points?

As for the "still on it" remark. It must be about the third or fourth time you've brought it up. Initially it appeared you didn't know, I think you said they would have to pay. Then you started to say Disney could clamp down, now you're saying they might challenge it. Well, unless they find a way to distinguish a broker rental,from a friend using the points, they can't.

Generally i agree with you...

As far as rental charges...that's the only thing in the 165 pages thats even worth pondering...everything else was obvious from the start or was covered long ago...

Really...you're gonna complain about repetition on a disney forum? Am I on tower of terror?

Now let me go ask Martin 50 times if the Mary poppins ride will be open "for the 50th"...throw another log on.

Hey, Pengs, you got a box office chart for that?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom