News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Could people please stay on topic - WDW resorts now charging for parking - which doesn't include comparing trip costs to foreign countries. ;)
Would it be off topic by comparing the cost of flying to Orlando to driving there (fuel, WDW Resort parking fees, etc)?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney occupancy rate of about 90%. It should be pointed out that any hotel company would love anything above 80 percent.

Not there...it's not a "normal hotel operator"
By really any definition because there is hyper demand and no slow season for really 45 years.

They're goal is 100% and it's often achieved. 2000 comes to mind.

UncleMike101

I'm going to send an email myself about this changing my plan for a 2 week on property stay this year. My family drives down so we have to park. Probably be ignored but at least there was an attempt.

If anyone else actually contacted them, please tell the thread and post the response, if any.
I sent two e mails.
No response.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In that case I'll be going through the 10k today to try and find hotel revenue and or info about occupancy rates. I'll report back.
I found an article showing Disney's occupancy rate back in 2015 as 89%.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-tourism-02092015-20150209-story.html

Unless you are the lone Motel 6 before a weigh station, that is pretty much as booked solid as you can get. Anything north of 80% is generally considered awesome.

I could not find a thing on US's resorts, but central Florida as a whole has seen occupancy rates in the low to mid 80% range.

Scuttle

I found an article showing Disney's occupancy rate back in 2015 as 89%.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-tourism-02092015-20150209-story.html

Unless you are the lone Motel 6 before a weigh station, that is pretty much as booked solid as you can get. Anything north of 80% is generally considered awesome.

I could not find a thing on US's resorts, but central Florida as a whole has seen occupancy rates in the low to mid 80% range.
This is a screen shot from the annual report.
IMG_1793.PNG

yensid67

I went on chat with a Cast Member and did not let here get a word in, just expressed my opinion. She was nice, I hate to complain to someone when its not their fault! I also emailed and got the generic response that they received the message and will basically forward it on to the right department and will contact me if there is a result!

mikejs78

Premium Member
I went on chat with a Cast Member and did not let here get a word in, just expressed my opinion. She was nice, I hate to complain to someone when its not their fault! I also emailed and got the generic response that they received the message and will basically forward it on to the right department and will contact me if there is a result!
Best thing to do is email the execs directly. George, the Bobs. I've done that twice (for this and for the dogs) and both times I got a call.

Mainahman

Would it be off topic by comparing the cost of flying to Orlando to driving there (fuel, WDW Resort parking fees, etc)?

For us its still fresh in our minds, as we were just there last week. In my car it cost us 75 bucks round trip in gas. Food for breakfast on travel down, and lunch on travel back, maybe 40 bucks combined. We had made beef jerky, etc for the trip.

thats $115. Add 175 if we decide to upgrade our next stay to a deluxe

thats $290 for 3 people to travel to disney. 701 miles.

For one plane ticket there and back from Nashville or Huntsville, its close to that for 1! not 2 or 3 if we keep the travel window the same. arrive on a saturday, and leave on a saturday.

fngoofy

Well,
We fly in and get a rental car. The flights are free because we have Southwest credit cards and have been able to take 3 of us down, every year, for the last 7 years without paying for plane tickets (driving would take 2 days and be a real bummer trip back.)

We get (or maybe it is now past tense) a rental car because it was:
1) Under $200 for 8 days of a midsize SUV
2) We stop at Target and pickup water and fruit and snacks (the water savings alone covered the cost of the car)
3) It was much nicer to be able to drive directly to another resort or Disney Springs or the parks (as their MiniVan service's success supports)

Now we are looking at that costing $400 for the 8 days. We already are hydrated, so I don't see any savings coming from increased water consumption. We are always on the dinning plan, so it wouldn't help to switch to a counter service on a night or two for dinner.

I guess we could cut out buying breakfast in the mornings to make up the $200. It wouldn't quite do it, but between that and a couple of souvenirs. But the reason we go to WDW, get the meal plan, etc is that we don't want to be watching our money.

I always tell coworkers that the difference between Vegas and WDW is that Vegas is trying to part you from your money by hook or by crook and that WDW wants your money as well, but they give you the option to buy or not to buy the shirt, the ears, the $18 balloon, etc. It's a fair trade.

I should say, I used to tell my coworkers that. $24 dollars per day parking is nuts. You might as well do the valet parking, it's only $9 more and you can save the walk. Which, I swear when we did valet when our child was small (and we had the stroller etc.) it was only $12 a day and that would have just been 5 or 6 years ago.

Maybe we need to just use Postmates for the groceries and ditch the car all together. The buses are a pain at times, but $400 is $400.

DisneyJoe

Most emails sent to guest services and the execs get a phone response in 2-3 weeks; at least that has been my experience over the last 15 years.

yensid67

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
Robert A. Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873
Bob Chapek
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873
Karl L. Holz
President New Vacation Operations and Disney Cruise Line
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Mr. George Kalogridis
President, Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom