News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Scuttle

Agree...though I'm starting to wonder how much notice we'll get when they finally do run the ship aground.

People better buy the disney streaming cable...if they do not, the next recession may actually destroy them based on their using park price increases as a stock/dividend crutch
This is true.
Disney could destroy its lodging competition if they went back to affordable lodging rack rates.
Universal is doing that exact thing to I-Drive.

Scuttle

They don't need to. The resorts pull high occupancy rates even with the inflated pricing.
Are there numbers available for the resort occupancy rates without digging through the 10K annual report? I thought they had substantially lower occupancy rates compared to Universal. Could be mistaken though...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are there numbers available for the resort occupancy rates without digging through the 10K annual report? I thought they had substantially lower occupancy rates compared to Universal. Could be mistaken though...
Not that I know of.

Disney numbers might be lower than US as they have considerably fewer rooms to fill and the free Express Pass you get at three of them is one hell of a perk, but I would be surprised if it was something that could be considered "significant".

deeevo

I know someone said that Disney does monitor these boards as well as others....I just hope they do! Does anyone KNOW FOR CERTAIN that TDO monitors forums?
I am sure they do it to monitor CM's that may give out confidential company info and not what we care about. A lot of corporations monitor message boards for just that.

yensid67

Im below 6 figures for sure! We just have a really good Corp Discount program for the entire company. Hotels, cars, park tickets etc. Its a really nice benefit.
Just wait until Disney figures out a way to add fees to that as well! The Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista is sounding pretty good, HUH!? :) We need to compile a list of hotels that do not charge a fee for parking and post it here! (Resort fees that include parking would be OK at least you're getting something for the fees!!??)

Mainahman

Just wait until Disney figures out a way to add fees to that as well! The Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista is sounding pretty good, HUH!? :) We need to compile a list of hotels that do not charge a fee for parking and post it here! (Resort fees that include parking would be OK at least you're getting something for the fees!!??)

Well the only way to use my Disney ticket discount is to stay off site as we don't have any package discounta just multi day passes.

The_Jobu

Likely few hands are up...which is part of the pricing dynamics

I'm going to send an email myself about this changing my plan for a 2 week on property stay this year. My family drives down so we have to park. Probably be ignored but at least there was an attempt.

If anyone else actually contacted them, please tell the thread and post the response, if any.

Scuttle

Not that I know of.

Disney numbers might be lower than US as they have considerably fewer rooms to fill and the free Express Pass you get at three of them is one hell of a perk, but I would be surprised if it was something that could be considered "significant".

In that case I'll be going through the 10k today to try and find hotel revenue and or info about occupancy rates. I'll report back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom