News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

UncleMike101

THIS IS WHAT IS SHOWING ON DISNEY WORLD AND DISNEYLAND PARKING PAGES!(3/15/18)
2311e75c7b0b9c7cab892287ce8b7185-stitch.jpg

Someone Ate the Page!
Or for some other reason, the page you're looking for cannot be located. Just in case, please check the URL.
Anyone else notice this guys resemblance to Bob Iger??
I think it's the eyes............

melflip8

Swolphin charges for parking. And has a mandatory resort fee, which they say covers paying for WiFi. And they run specials where you can get WiFi "for free", even though you still have to pay for WiFi by way of the mandatory resort fee.

It's still cheaper to stay at a Value and pay for parking there than at the Swolphin.

I have an SPG Business card and can often do a split point/pay stay for $79 a night. The price, all in, compared to Boardwalk is still cheaper and you are able to walk into Epcot. I totally get all the info, for me, I've just always still been able to get a better deal at Swolfin. Respect though :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have an SPG Business card and can often do a split point/pay stay for $79 a night. The price, all in, compared to Boardwalk is still cheaper and you are able to walk into Epcot. I totally get all the info, for me, I've just always still been able to get a better deal at Swolfin. Respect though :)

The split point/pay deal is virtually gone. Only a few smattering of days is it available.

yensid67

MasterPenguin, where are you getting that? I just checked again at 1154pm and it still the Stitch pic!

I am typing in Disneyworld.com/parking

yensid67

I see that if you go through GUEST SERVICES to PARKING it does have the new prices being adapted...on thing I noticed was they changed the date from the 18 to 21st! Seems odd since 21st is a Wednesday!

I really think this is going to be a breaking point for a lot of guests with reservations after 3/21! Parking should be included for a Disney hotel of any class. Yes, off site hotels have RESORT FEES but at least you are getting something for them...business center, BETTER HOUSEKEEPING!, etc! Disney is getting ridiculous with their prices increases once and sometime twice a year with the tickets, park parking is overpriced as well! I bet they will start making resort guests pay for parking at the parks if they drive their cars into the parking lot! Mark my words, its on;y a matter of time for that to happen!
I hope everyone within the sound of my voice will contact Disney and express their displeasure with this new policy! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF WE ALL TAKE 5 MINUTES TO SEND AN EMAIL. 5 MINUTES CAN SAVE GUESTS MONEY! #5MINUTEEMAILCHANGESTHINGS

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see that if you go through GUEST SERVICES to PARKING it does have the new prices being adapted...on thing I noticed was they changed the date from the 18 to 21st! Seems odd since 21st is a Wednesday!

21st is a week from yesterday...a 1 week grace period...

I assume you're just putting us on here?

melflip8

The split point/pay deal is virtually gone. Only a few smattering of days is it available.

I've used it the past two times I've gone in the past 6 months...maybe they were off weekends? We live close to the park and usually book it between 3 months and 1 week before. Regardless, I think amenity wise, Swolfin is way better than any Moderate without the full price of Premium, but I understand everyone has a different experience and length of stay, etc. We recently bought an RV so now usually book our longer trips around campsites (win for parking for us) and do random 1 night stays at Swolfin.

Either way, I love staying at real Disney resorts. Am I disappointed in them for implementing this, slightly...but, I figured it would come eventually with the roll they have been on. For how we vacation it won't affect things that much, but I definitely see how it can impact others. :/

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've used it the past two times I've gone in the past 6 months...maybe they were off weekends?

Maybe only on short notice to fill in low occupancy days? Below is the availability for cash+points for April and May. Just 4/6 days for Swan/Dolphin are available. Starting in June forward... no availability. And the number of points for a 'free' night has risen and will rise again shortly for the Dolphin.

1521173805848.png

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

jruddell

I haven’t read the entire 145 pages of comments so this might be a “me too” reply but my next trip will be off site with reduced days at WDW. There are six of us so we have to get two rooms when we stay on site. I can get an entire house with private pool for about $500 a day less than staying in the park now. The travel agent keeps trying to talk up the benefits of staying on site but it doesn’t add up for me any more.

matt9112

These parking fees are long overdue. When they first opened the All-Star Sports back in 1994 I was amazed that parking was free.

yeah? it's one of the things that made Disney better. when people compare Disney to regular stuff it's kind boggling . "there long over due" yeah I don't know how they made any money for decades upon decades without your precious fees. BUT BUT other places habe resort fees.....yes but they dont charge you twice as much to stay in a motel with Disney on the side. good work.

eliza61nyc

I haven’t read the entire 145 pages of comments so this might be a “me too” reply but my next trip will be off site with reduced days at WDW. There are six of us so we have to get two rooms when we stay on site. I can get an entire house with private pool for about $500 a day less than staying in the park now. The travel agent keeps trying to talk up the benefits of staying on site but it doesn’t add up for me any more.

I agree, the only remaining perk imo for staying onsite is the extra 30 day window to make fast pass and I know many folks who are booking "throwaway" rooms. My girlfriend is booking at a value, she's going to make her fast passes 60 days out, cancel all but 1 night and has an offsite reservation. the 100 dollars on the one night will actually be less than the 7 night parking fee.

Ridiculous.
I still get free parking due to my dvc membership but I have to admit, I had been toying with selling my membership mainly because my vacations have changed and my kids are grown. I'll probably hang onto it for a few more years just to make sure I'm not making a rash decision, but the more and more Disney does stuff like this, the more and more I say "it's time"

John park hopper

Yes other off site hotels charge for parking but the room rates are considerable less than Disney on site, so if other hotels charge for parking is DIsneys justification are they going to lower their room rate --NO! Many off site hotels give complimentary cooked breakfast or at the least continental breakfasts, is Disney going to do this since others do--NO! Some hotels off site in the evening have complimentary finger food and drinks, since others do it is Disney going too NO!. I would venture to say those on site resort parking lots have been payed for 100X over so what are you getting for your parking fee now that you did not get before ---NOTHING To many they say well its just another $100 or so; for me its the constant nickel and diming Disney has done. I have been a DIsney fan since the 50's as a kid and went to WDW all through the 70's, 80's ( with my sons) and 90's and most recent 2017. However, I am on the verge of saying no more. There are to many other places to go too; actually I can stay home and vacation at the beach or go to the up state of SC mountains. Disney I hope at some point this all comes to bite you in the butt and you come to your senses. Probably not, Just call me disgusted

Last edited:

tk924

While I agree that calling and emailing Disney with complaints is necessary, I think Disney only understands money.
My family will be reducing all future WDW trips by one day. We'll still be able to do all we want to do and this will more than cover the increased cost due to parking at the resort. Disney will lose more $ in resort / park tickets for that one day than we will in the parking fee.
Plus, we always like to check-in at the desk as we enjoy the experience. But at check-in I will let them know that we would have been staying an additional day if they hadn't added in the parking fee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom