News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

I seldom post. I am just saying THANK GOD we went in December. I have not read all the posts yet and I'm sure the fan boys are somehow defending this but really? I would have likely pi$$ed my family off but if they had instituted this I would have moved off site for sure. And that's just so I did not loose out on my airfare and tickets. Now I won't be back at all. Thank God I had my car because the bus service was so bad. I guess we are supposed to use the Minnie Van. Now its gonna cost another $200 to stay at Coronado? Screw that. I thought charging to park at the parks themselves was ridiculous..btw way I wonder when they will take that perk away from those staying on site. I can see hotels in major cities charging when parking is at a limited...encouraging public transportation for this in the area. WDW has no such problem. They are simply trying thin the herd while maintaining profit. I get it...lines are horrible all year and satisfaction ratings in terms of wait times are likely bad. I guess only the rich will show up. But eventually they will get board or a crappy Star Wars movie will come out...something will happen and crowds will die down and I hope people remember this. Next time I'll try universal. And to the hell with the new Disney pay stream thing too. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I hope they back off this. Perhaps this is how that start to refresh parks they let go stagnate for so many years....

Fan boys ..... tell me you don't need me...I don't care!!! Incredible.

DVC studios are villas, even if that word isn't always used in the name, so no, you won't, SO LONG AS YOU'RE A DVC MEMBER. (And if you're already booked, you wouldn't pay in any case under the information that's been released so far. Disney's website also currently says that DVC members won't have to pay for parking even at other Disney World hotels, when they book those rooms using their points.)
What if you are RENTING from a dvc member. The one reason we
Like the already crippled Bus system can handle the extra traffic... Not that they care....$$$$

1) The bus system is crippled on purpose. They want you to use the Minnie van!
2) We usually go from one resort to another to eat? Who needs the aggravation...If I were you I'd eat off site, stay off site.
3) The good news is they are making it easy for those on the fringe to skip the resort stay all together.
4) Greedy. They have record crowds and can't be happy with that. Just wait.

matt9112

I hate added fees. However, I do think this will help with 2 problems WDW has, too many cars parking at the Parks and traffic on the roads. With SWGE and the 50th coming and all the crowds WDW needs to reduce the number on cars onsite. Then there is the downside to the number 1 rental car site in the US, MCO airport. This will reduce the number of cars rented and encourage more use of the Magic Express, thus hurting the rental car industry.

so you would rather all these people also use Disney's "robust" transportation system.....hmmm

Neither does Disney...that's ok...I experienced WDW many times...feel bad for all the folks who won't.

I better go before I get started on other things...like SCOOTERS! Hey, I wonder if I rent a scooter nd stick in on my car if that will qualify me for free parking? If I am right I can scoot around for the price of parking.

VaderTron

Fine. I'll take this as a compliment.

The OP has stated that resort fees are the industry standard. Disney finally seems to want their resorts to meet the standards of the Four Seasons, so we can expect to pay the fees associated with that.

However, I can't recall ever paying resort fees at the Four Seasons unless this is something very new.

No one wants to pay more for anything, myself included. But, it has already been stated that Disney plans to improve mousekeeping and upgrade the overall service and quality at their resorts. This is a good thing -- but, unfortunately it takes money.

Very well said. I totally agree.

I agree that the fees should be included in the room rate. But, please don't cancel your trip over parking fees.

It costs $50 to park just for a couple of hours at the ball park.

I think Disney will have to justify the resort fees with added amenities like bottled water, morning paper and mini bar goodies or some kind of voucher. I think.

Here's the thing...IF (and that's a big if) they roll out resort quality housekeeping and amenities then they should have coordinated that to roll out at the same time as this announcement. No one pays more now for a promise that future guests will benefit from these price hikes. Would you be OK paying $20,000 more a year for your kid's college because they say they might be expanding the campus sometime in the future? No! It has no benefit to your kid's education experience. So why would someone pay significantly more to park and stay at a Disney resort, receiving the same level of service they just got for free before? Disney hasn't even officially promised any upgrades, let alone Disney's propensity for canceling plans on a whim (MK Theater).

This is a poorly planned idea that a TON of people will not be OK with. This especially decreases the likelihood of FL residents staying at a Disney hotel. And how many more out-of-state guests are now going to leave the car at home, fly, and use Disney's already overwhelmed and aging mass transit systems? They are about to get even more crowded!

There's probably even more ripple effects that I can't think of right now...not good at all. It's definitely my last time staying at an on-site resort, and I have stayed a total of 18 nights at Disney resort hotels in the past 2 years; Poly, Caribbean, Old Key West, AK Lodge, and French Quarter. That's a lot of money for Disney to lose when I take my business elsewhere. Looks like the neighboring hotels are going to benefit most from this descision.

Mainahman

What if you are RENTING from a dvc member. The one reason we

1) The bus system is crippled on purpose. They want you to use the Minnie van!
2) We usually go from one resort to another to eat? Who needs the aggravation...If I were you I'd eat off site, stay off site.
3) The good news is they are making it easy for those on the fringe to skip the resort stay all together.
4) Greedy. They have record crowds and can't be happy with that. Just wait.

Half of the questions on the surveys I got stuck taking asked me if I used the Minnie van. The answer is no too expensive....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom