News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

asianway

I'd be interested to hear what happens with dvc points on rental?

My guess is your paying the parking fee...

So the timeshare stores are gonna be the second most peed off...behind the rental car companies
In a direct renter situation the renter is stepping into the shoes of the owner, so there should be no charge. But...I have a feeling there are teams of people trying to figure out how to take a slice out of the rental stores action

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In a direct renter situation the renter is stepping into the shoes of the owner, so there should be no charge. But...I have a feeling there are teams of people trying to figure out how to take a slice out of the rental stores action

My interpretation is that if you don't pay the upfront and the dues...and you're not on the contract...get the folio ready...

Just my hunch

matt9112

Maybe i'm wrong, but i still see the advantage of staying on property. At an offsite hotel you often have to pay a resort fee of some kind, or for parking, or both PLUS parking at all the theme parks. Disney is only charging for the parking at the resorts. I still think its bad they've decided to do this because obviously free parking is better.

As for the busses being more crowded, they are also implementing the gondola system which i'm sure will help alleviate some of the crowds.

those Gondolas are also going to jack those resort room rates sky high even more. it was shown earlier in the the thread off site and disney springs hotels come out cheaper even with fees. what about annual pass members? why stay on site anymore? we park free anyway so mind as well stay off site. last trip I did 3 days at the swalphin and it was amazing roughly same price as Coronado but its a s real resort.

IanDLBZF

Some further clarification from OTPN.....
In order to align with full-service hotels within the industry and Disney's own hotels in California and Hawaii, all Walt Disney World Resort hotels will soon implement an overnight parking fee. This new (and very unpopular) policy will only apply to Guests who book their hotel reservations on or after March 21, 2018 and will vary by hotel category:
  • $13/night for value resorts;
  • $19/night for moderate resorts;
  • $24/night for deluxe resorts.
Guests at deluxe resorts may also use valet parking service, which is available for $33/night (Valet service at deluxe resorts remains complimentary for Guests with disabilities.). Theme Park parking will remain complimentary for Resort Guests.
In other words, these fees only apply if you book their hotel reservations on or after March 21, 2018. If you booked your reservations before then you should be fine and the fees will not apply to you.

matt9112

If anything has potential to be reversed, this does. They're getting a ton of 1-star reviews on their Facebook page, people talking about cancelling their reservations, etc. I haven't seen this type of response before - even the dog situation had a lot of comments, but people weren't leaving 1 star reviews and cancelling their reservations. And people grumbled about ticket hikes, but it wasn't like this.

This may all die down in a few days, nor it may not. This might be the tipping point since it's such a blatent money grab.

yes it's the optics not the dollar figures. trash optics.

yensid67

It could perhaps just be that the parking page is listing current policy, with the individual resort pages left to detail the change occurring from March 21 reservations. Not necessarily an error, but maybe a reconsideration of how the information is presented.
The parking page listed the NEW prices early this morning and now they are gone! That doesn't sound like an error...it sounds like they ha a lot of complaints and decided it was not a good idea! But they will never say why they retracted the idea! So we are left wondering!

drp4video

So in May I will be staying at POFQ but I have dinner reservations one night at BOMA in AK Lodge. I will have a rental car and will be driving as I will be coming from Universal that day. As everything is on the magic band, how to they know I have a reservation and let me in? Do I scan my band somewhere? Does the guard have a list? (I have stayed at AKL before and do love it).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The parking page listed the NEW prices early this morning and now they are gone! That doesn't sound like an error...it sounds like they ha a lot of complaints and decided it was not a good idea! But they will never say why they retracted the idea! So we are left wondering!

You need to read the thread...this has been covered

You're talking about millions of annual revenue in free money...retraction was never an option.

They DONT float ideas on pricing...no toes in the pool

Last edited:

yensid67

THIS IS WHAT IS SHOWING ON DISNEY WORLD AND DISNEYLAND PARKING PAGES!(3/15/18)
2311e75c7b0b9c7cab892287ce8b7185-stitch.jpg

Someone Ate the Page!
Or for some other reason, the page you're looking for cannot be located. Just in case, please check the URL.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So in May I will be staying at POFQ but I have dinner reservations one night at BOMA in AK Lodge. I will have a rental car and will be driving as I will be coming from Universal that day. As everything is on the magic band, how to they know I have a reservation and let me in? Do I scan my band somewhere? Does the guard have a list? (I have stayed at AKL before and do love it).

Everything has showed up on the band for Quite a while...even the guard shack. They know what you are and what you're paying for...before the appetizer :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom