News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Keith2426

I’m sorry to say but there has been a blantantly overt trend with Disney over the past several years to nickel and dime their customers at every turn. This new parking fee just seems,in my opinion, to be the biggest screw you of them all. They have gotten to the point where they think they can charge any fee they want and people will pay it. So far they are right but this just may have gone to far this time.

erasure fan1

They have gotten to the point where they think they can charge any fee they want and people will pay it. So far they are right but this just may have gone to far this time.
I'm going to say, absolutely, positively, no chance this has gone to far. If anything, this is the start of all sorts of extra fees. Disney is going to push this till it breaks. Then they can pull back and say, see, we are listening. But at that point they have raised so much that pulling back a bit is still a huge win for them.

Here's how this whole thing is going to go down. Disney will start charging parking fees for reservations made after March 21st. After anywhere from 2-6 months, Disney will lower the prices due to "customer concerns". They will lower the prices to something like a $10/$15/$20 fee for each level of resort. By then most people will be so used to the "old" fee that they'll feel like they're getting a discount and everyone will be happy, praise Iger, and buy AP's for the whole family.

Donal Duck

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area.

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area.

Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area.

B Resort & Spa – Disney Springs® Resort Area

Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Are.

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace – Disney Springs® Area

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs® Area

I can also rank them if you would like.

Thank you.
Could you rank them?
Considering Embassy Suites too

tonymu

Premium Member
I think that Disney knew and expected that this would cause a little ruckus and push back, but underestimated how frustrated people are with them. Because they are so out of touch with their audience it has blown up massively more than expected. I thought it was odd that they introduced the fees tied to the current Deluxe, Moderate and Value levels of properties when they are preparing to go away from those desticntions. But this I think was a part of their temporary plan. They have already told complainers on the phone that this new fee will go into affect no matter what and that they plan to see what the response and push back is before reviewing it again. By using the three undefendable levels of fees they can see what the difference is in the reaction from guests once the fee goes into affect. Will the value guest complain more or less for the $13 fee. Will the moderate guests complain more or less for the $19 fee and will the Deluxe guests complain more or less for their $24 fee. Depending on the results of this test they will announce soon after the new hotel pricing structure defined by location vs the current Deluxe, Moderate, Value levels and that based on the feedback that they have received that the resort parking fee will be the same for all resorts and will only cost $10 (or some other amount less than the $24 fee based upon the complaints). Then the general public will think that it is more reasonable and fair and the majority of people wont complain anymore. Meanwhile they will still be collecting X more dollars than they are now for parking and will now know what the dollar amounts of the next round of extra fees will be without really people off and will then be able to add the new fees like the resort fee at a "reasonable" level with fewer complaints.

John park hopper

I think that Disney knew and expected that this would cause a little ruckus and push back, but underestimated how frustrated people are with them. Because they are so out of touch with their audience it has blown up massively more than expected. I thought it was odd that they introduced the fees tied to the current Deluxe, Moderate and Value levels of properties when they are preparing to go away from those desticntions. But this I think was a part of their temporary plan. They have already told complainers on the phone that this new fee will go into affect no matter what and that they plan to see what the response and push back is before reviewing it again. By using the three undefendable levels of fees they can see what the difference is in the reaction from guests once the fee goes into affect. Will the value guest complain more or less for the $13 fee. Will the moderate guests complain more or less for the $19 fee and will the Deluxe guests complain more or less for their $24 fee. Depending on the results of this test they will announce soon after the new hotel pricing structure defined by location vs the current Deluxe, Moderate, Value levels and that based on the feedback that they have received that the resort parking fee will be the same for all resorts and will only cost $10 (or some other amount less than the $24 fee based upon the complaints). Then the general public will think that it is more reasonable and fair and the majority of people wont complain anymore. Meanwhile they will still be collecting X more dollars than they are now for parking and will now know what the dollar amounts of the next round of extra fees will be without really **** people off and will then be able to add the new fees like the resort fee at a "reasonable" level with fewer complaints.

Regardless of what fee they settle on you know and I know it will have the annual price increase just like park tickets, room rates etc. Parking fees for day guests have now gone from $20 to $22. If I remember correctly in 1972 it was 50 cents- could be the same asphalt

seascape

Regardless of what fee they settle on you know and I know it will have the annual price increase just like park tickets, room rates etc. Parking fees for day guests have now gone from $20 to $22. If I remember correctly in 1972 it was 50 cents- could be the same asphalt
Six Flags Great Adventure charged $25.00 for parking in 2017. Disney is still less than that and who knows what Six Flags Great Adventure will charge this year.

wannabeBelle

Six Flags Great Adventure charged $25.00 for parking in 2017. Disney is still less than that and who knows what Six Flags Great Adventure will charge this year.
And Disney does charge for parking at the theme parks as well. The parking fees that are being discussed are going to be charged for at the resorts. Marie

matt9112

I think the public’s biggest gripe is that everyone assumed Disney’s overpriced resort charges included landscaping, parking, Magical Express, and transportation. When you consider the buses, boats, activities, and landscaping, the majority of value and moderate rates were justifiable. Deluxe hotels are obscenely overpriced no matter what. Now Disney has added parking fees, and people are saying, “Wait a minute—“

I think moderates are insane too. over 200 dollars for a motel room....let it sink in nobody would care if the Disney rates were competitive but there not. add to the top of that current bus service is far from amazing....good sure but not what it once was.

John park hopper

Six flags charges $84 +$25 = $109 Disney $122.48 + $22=$144.48 and that is the low end cost add park hopper it jumps considerably. I was using the park parking fee increase as an example of how fees increase and the new resort parking fees will also over time

Last edited:

matt9112

Hence another point i made to them: "Why don’t you explain where the parking money will go: new buses, new monorails, new innovative transportation systems that will want me to forgo a rental car and stay with you 100% of the time?"

Ha New monorails ? what are you smoking I want some. oh that was funny.

this is the company that is building a brand new transportation choice from scratch before replacing those tired monorails.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I believe some/most of those charge for parking, if that's what you're trying to avoid.

I think you're missing the point.

They're opening up a whole can of worms by charging for parking as well. It's one thing when you come back to your hotel and can't find a spot at night and end up circling for 30 minutes but you think the spot is "free"

It's a whole other customer service issue when you've paid for that spot.

Gonna be a lot of FPs handed out at the front desk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom