News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

pug

Could you list those 7 hotels please ?
Might change where we stay next trip to an offsite hotel.

Thanks.
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area.

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area.

Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area.

B Resort & Spa – Disney Springs® Resort Area

Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort Are.

Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace – Disney Springs® Area

Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs® Area

I can also rank them if you would like.

larandtra

So I sent an email to Management. Just to voice my displeasure with the "parking fee" as well as numerous other things. ( Prices increasing for crowded parks with less attractions, the state of the parks and resorts overall, APs being devalued, etc.). I received a response from a young lady who works for "guest relations". Claims she was sent the email and speaks for management and would like to talk to me on the phone about the issues I have brought up. Im waiting for her to call but this should be pretty funny.

pug

Sadly this isn’t even a money grab it’s just a way to deter people from going offsite and spending money there. Just like with the Magical Express. It keeps you under their control and onsite.

phillip9698

Unfortunately it seems so many of these changed will negatively affect my next trip. It will be my first trip with a stroller sized child and I planned on renting a car so we could be more fluid with our plans and not need to rely on the busses. So they just added about a hundred bucks to our trip, combine that with removing the kiddy camps at the resorts and we are looking forward to this less and less and it may become a one and done deal.

pug

Unfortunately it seems so many of these changed will negatively affect my next trip. It will be my first trip with a stroller sized child and I planned on renting a car so we could be more fluid with our plans and not need to rely on the busses. So they just added about a hundred bucks to our trip, combine that with removing the kiddy camps at the resorts and we are looking forward to this less and less and it may become a one and done deal.
Yeah I was already planning on renting a car in to go for the 4th of July since the car is only $15 a day.

Goofnut1980

But yet they don't charge for Magical Express... So odd to me.. You would think they would charge like $20 a person for that and not to park. Or are they getting that busy they need to keep people from going.

pixargal

This will definitely change the way we vacation at Disney. We are DVC owners and will only stay on property using points from now on. My son goes to college in Florida and my family lives there as well. Sometimes when we come to visit, or take our son to/ from school we throw in a few days at WDW. We will no longer book a stay at their hotels as long as this policy is in place.

Monorail_Red_77

I don't like the idea of this parking charge. Wasn't this charge supposed to be hidden in the per night fee anyway, prior to this? But I think the next thing will be enforcing this new charge. If it is for parking your vehicle. How are they going to prove you drove in and didn't get dropped off by a local friend, taxi, etc. Are they going to charge all guests anyway? Wouldn't that be some type of false advertising? Paying for something you are not receiving?

I hope this fails big time in their face.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Not sure when your trip is, but they are adding a children's experience in the Contemporary. So there's hope they'll be adding more options for drop in child care like this. Unfortunately my daughter will be too young on our next trip
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...buts-april-13-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/

21stamps

Oh no, not at all. I was actually just answering a poster who said they live in the midwest and never ran across travel destinations that charge for parking. I wasn't comparing it to disney at all.

I think almost every city, Midwest or otherwise, is compromise of downtown hotels that charge for parking.

As far as Florida- Disney is the only hotels I’ve ever stayed at who didn’t charge for parking.

21stamps

The drop in locations weren’t free.. but I think you can still do the Swan and Dolphin one? I’m not for sure.. but I thought I read that previously.
I don’t use kids clubs very often on vacay so don’t pay too much attention.. but I half debated using one to go to Trader Sam’s one evening.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wasn't really paying attention...but did somebody compare this to overpacked metropolitan areas as a relevant example??

...well...I'm sure nobody compared to New York City...

I have more faith in my fellow man 😐

ryguy

I think almost every city, Midwest or otherwise, is compromise of downtown hotels that charge for parking.

As far as Florida- Disney is the only hotels I’ve ever stayed at who didn’t charge for parking.

Because they own 50 square miles. I don't mind paying in cities where space is limited. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean you have to do it. I tell that to my kids twice a week.

I will revert back to Chic-fil-a as a company I respect who won't open on Sundays. Same principal in my opinion.

This is just an easy way to appease the stockholder. Hopefully they will use the funds to pay their employees a better wage. But we know that won't happen.

Last edited:

21stamps

Because they own 50 square miles. I don't mind paying in cities where space is limited. Just because everyone else does it, doesn't mean you have to do it. I tell that to my kids twice a week.
I was specifically responding to another poster regarding paid parking being a rarity.. not claiming that Disney should charge for it because other places do.

Just noticed the typo though ‘comprised’ Not ‘compromised’.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom