News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

CAV

I wonder why they chose to go the parking fee and not just raise the room rates that same amount? Seems like there would have been less backlash and still had that one and done price.
Because, now they can do both. Add the parking fee. Raise the hotel rates a smaller amount than usual. Then tell you how they did you a favor by keeping rising hotel rates to a minimum.

Also, they can alternate raising parking fees and hotel rates during the year.

Goofyernmost

There are 450
Offsite hotels...most built or completely rebuilt after the bulk of wdw hotels were constructed...

It's not a matter of "getting business back"...that's more the dynamic in the lack of space Anaheim market.

Disney hotels aren't really competing offsite...never have. Ruling their own domain.
Disney may not think they are competing with offsite, but, offsite is competing with them. Are you saying that Disney's mentality is.. if I can't see you, you're not there? I have gone to WDW 45 times, only once have I stayed onsite. Only once! The rest of the time my money went to somebody other then the greedfinders at Disney. If you add up the number of days that I have purchased a room over all those years based on what Disney charged they lost a lot of money even if they don't want to acknowledge it. If everyone one stayed offsite instead of onsite hotels can you just imagine the loss of revenue that is. Offsite can now raise their prices and promote no parking fee and still get additional money without sounding like a bank robber. It can be a win, win for them.

Apparently, Disney can play fast and loose with their fan base and never feel the results, but, that will not last forever. A savvy business person or two can recognize that they now have one, low cost to them, perk to offer that Disney just threw way. Even though it doesn't affect me in any way since I don't use that pumped up service, it still angers me that after all these years of loyalty to them as far as theme park attendance goes... they can be so blatant about how we are just there to walk into their little bubble of money vacuuming and be to stupid to not see that we have been duped.

Last edited:

jruddell

While I agree that calling and emailing Disney with complaints is necessary, I think Disney only understands money.
My family will be reducing all future WDW trips by one day. We'll still be able to do all we want to do and this will more than cover the increased cost due to parking at the resort. Disney will lose more $ in resort / park tickets for that one day than we will in the parking fee.
Plus, we always like to check-in at the desk as we enjoy the experience. But at check-in I will let them know that we would have been staying an additional day if they hadn't added in the parking fee.

I appreciate the sentiment. The cast member checking you in won't be able to do anything about it other than wish you a magical day. I'm staying few days less at WDW my next trip too. And off site.

jruddell

Nothing is going to break the camel’s back. Disney will not revert this policy because over time outrage will die and this will become the norm. It’s the same logic behind how the parks are run into the ground. Over time the less and less becomes the norm and standard, and then that standard becomes all that people have ever known. It just takes time. Disney knows and operates off of this idea, and it works wonderfully for them.

My thoughts exactly. Walt would never have let the parks fall in to the disrepair I've seen over the past eight years. Not to mention breaking the whole your "in a movie and every sight angle needs to promote the movie you're in" Walt pushed. Aladdin's spin an adventure land? Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot? Frozen in Norway? Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the GotG ride but I think my point is made. My kids want to go to WDW again but are more exited for Universal. And to tie it back to the OP, we're staying off site and doing both instead of all WDW next year due to the increased cost to stay on site.

BuenaVistaBob

OVERNIGHT SELF-PARKING AT DISNEY RESORT HOTELS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT
Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club:
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

The Disney Resorts whether value on up are some of the most expensive resorts in the US for the size of the rooms. To charge for "GUEST" parking is NOT what I believe "Walt would do". I see corporate greed all over this one. This is so upsetting I am seriously thinking I am done with Disney. Yes they have free transportation to and from parks etc. but we have always rented a car as we have always been able to get from point A to B much much quicker. Plus if you want to make a day trip to the ocean or whatever you can. To date I have never paid for parking at any hotel/motel I have stayed at. If this trend to gouge "Guests" continues I see this as beginning of the end of what has been known as great customer service and honoring their guest.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
All of this outrage is deserved. But anyone who posts in this thread without contacting disney to voice their displeasure is practically supporting this move with their silence. Contact disney customer service:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/help/

I just did. it takes 5 minutes. voices matter, make yours matter.
I won't be contacting Disney.That doesn't mean i support the move. Instead i will be taking my hotel dollars up the road to Universal next vacation.

Buried20KLeague

All of this outrage is deserved. But anyone who posts in this thread without contacting disney to voice their displeasure is practically supporting this move with their silence. Contact disney customer service:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/help/

I just did. it takes 5 minutes. voices matter, make yours matter.

That’s way off base.

Voicing your displeasure with your wallet is as or MORE effective than a phone call.

AshaNeOmah

Park offsite, I am sure it is cheaper.

Where?

If there were less cars on the road, the bus transportation would be quicker.

I can't think of the last time I waited on a bus in traffic at WDW after the changes at Disney Springs.

FLAME ON!!!

Ok. Your comment's only purpose was to troll users who are against the fees and you should be banned from posting.

Keith2426

Everyone has a breaking point especially when you see someone overtly and blatantly raising prices and fees with total disregard. This trend has been happening over the past several years at Disney and it’s gotten to the point that’s its even ing off Disney’s most passionate fan base. Not that they care mind you.

Tiered ticket pricing, add ons for park hopping, no expiration tickets, earlier closing times for the parks, hard ticket events for extra hours in the park, which used to be included and now paying to park you car has gotten COMPLETELY out of control, especially considering many of the room rates are already out of site. Having the nerve to add on a parking charge to a room rate, which already over $600.00 a night is absurd.

This price gouging has changed my families outlook on vacationing at WDW and we will be going elsewhere on vacation and looking for a nice resort off property when or if we return to WDW.
45+ visits to WDW, ALL spent at on property resorts, future visits to Disney all spent at off property resorts, price gouging and corporate greed, PRICELESS!!! Figuratively speaking of course!! Thanks Disney!
I have a couple of business trips planned to the Orlando area and I will need a car. I’ve always stayed at WDW when I’m in the area and that will now change.

MM311

Just received my call back from the "Executive Offices" since I sent an email to George and the Bobs...

The lady was very nice and assured me that the situation was very fluid right now since they had gotten more negative feedback than they had anticipated. She compared it to the rollout of the Magic Bands and said she anticipates many changes to be made to the policy. I blabbed her ear off for a good 15 minutes on my thoughts and feelings on the matter, and while I'm sure any ideas I presented will go nowhere, it was at least nice to hear back from them. It seems that the excuse for it's implementation is that it is the "Industry Standard" which we all know is BS considering the cost of a WDW room is significantly higher than the rest of the industry...

Oh well, I at least feel like I did my part :)

DisAl

I think Disney may finally have reached critical mass on making people mad. If this had not been right on the heels of so many other price increases it may not have caused such consternation, but put it all together and the cost for your week at Disney has probably gone up from $500 to $1500 per person depending on where you stay.
I quit going to college football games at a major university near here several years ago for the same reason. Ticket costs kept going up, the cost for concessions was obscene, and parking was becoming almost impossible. The problem is, when I quit going there was someone else with more money than sense who took my place and they never missed me.
The problem here though is if that enough people rebel at cost increase after cost increase and attendance goes down, they will simply raise prices again to make up the difference! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom