News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah after last night's back and forth, I'll believe a policy change when there's a press release, or confirmation from one of our insiders....

I'm a doubter...but I don't see the doubt angle on this one...

Again...they don't "float" feelers on pricing. It's too dangerous to the stock ticker

Clamman73

I can’t believe the magical bus ride from MCO is gonna stay free....so we have to pay for a car the we drove and payed for to sit in a parking lot vs people not paying for gas to and from the airport, bus driver, the bus itself, bag delivery....no way.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Get your groceries from Garden Grocer and dump the Dining Plan. You'll save several hundred dolars.
I've never gotten the dining plan. We get groceries, eat breakfast in our rooms, and maybe one table service per day and sometimes a QS in the parks if it's more
Maybe. I'm just trying to accurately describe a strategy that I think many people are missing. I'm not predicting its success or failure.

For me, this will absolutely mean I no longer rent a car. I've never had the nightmare experiences that people describe with Disney transportation so we only rent if we get a steal of a rate on the car. But even with a rental, we still take the bus to Magic Kingdom and occasionally the other parks as well. Now, no more. But, as I said, I don't mind the Disney transportation and I won't miss hauling two car seats through the airport.

3FA8m0w.gif
That would all be well and good if:
* It was easy to get from resort to resort
* It was easy to get to the water parks
* The Disney Springs busses weren't so awful

And no, don't say Minnie Vans, because that is a $50 charge just for a round trip.

CaptainAmerica

I can’t believe the magical bus ride from MCO is gonna stay free....so we have to pay for a car the we drove and payed for to sit in a parking lot vs people not paying for gas to and from the airport, bus driver, the bus itself, bag delivery....no way.
Holy hell, what aren't people getting? Disney will NEVER charge for DME. Ever. Ever. Not because they're generous, but because it's in their financial best interest.

The money that Disney makes from getting you on property without a car and wholly reliant on them for every meal and keychain purchase is worth orders of magnitude the cost of the rental spaces at MCO and whatever a few Mears drivers cost. Charging for parking and NOT charging for DME are two elements of a single coherent strategy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

There are probably fifty angles...but rest assured: no prices are ever safe

mikejs78

Premium Member
The backlash is from the Disneyphiles who love to complain and absolutely never put their money where their mouth is. The rubes who make up the bulk of the customer base don't even know this is going on.
I think you're underestimating the backlash. This has hit the mainstream. My Facebook feed is full of this from people who aren't Disneyphiles but go every 2-4 years....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Holy hell, what aren't people getting? Disney will NEVER charge for DME. Ever. Ever. Not because they're generous, but because it's in their financial best interest.

The money that Disney makes from getting you on property without a car and wholly reliant on them for every meal and keychain purchase is worth orders of magnitude the cost of the rental spaces at MCO and whatever a few Mears drivers cost. Charging for parking and NOT charging for DME are two elements of a single coherent strategy.

My first instinct was to completely agree with you...

...then I remembered they just decided to charge for something they wholy own, have ample land for, and cost near nothing to operate.

All frontiers are eventually crossed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom