News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow we won't be making them until our income tax money comes in which we have not filed our taxes yet we don't file till April and we get $4,000.00 and stay 9-10 there

You're going to wait until April to get a room for May-June? That's... chancy.

You can reserve just the rooms now with just a deposit. When the tax refund comes in, call to upgrade your room to a package.

disney4life2008

Exactly what is this supposed to eliminate? I understand at the premium resorts people park and go to magic Kingdom or epcot. Makes sense there. But what about the values?

Anyway this is no surprise. Back in 2009 when they rolled out the rapid fill in the food court that was the beginning of the end. Since then it has been downhill from there. What made Disney worth it was your weren't nickel and dimed at every corner. Will this prohibit people from going? Absolutely not, unfortunately.

disney4life2008

So if I go to all star movies to eat dinner and drive my car like I always do, am i paying for parking? Or is it free? I live in Orlando so i normally go to the parks then eat dinner there.

drcasey

So how many people park at resorts to go to the parks? You could park at the monorail resorts and monorail it to the mk, park at Epcot resorts and walk to Epcot/hs, and akl for a short bus ride to ak and avoid paying to park at the parks. Why doesn’t everyone do this?

John park hopper

Comparing similiar rooms to (not Motel 6) as was posted AS Sports $162 + the addition of $13 parking you can stay at Embassy Suites ID for $151 plus $12 parking = $167 What do you get that you don't at AS Sports---you get complimentary cooked breakfast and complimentary drinks and finger food in the evening. Nice pool area and shuttle service to Disney, Universal and Sea World. Have stayed there in the past and it was vey nice. Point is with Disney adding parking fees you can get better value off site. The benifits of staying on site are not what they used to be

Colter

Attached is from the Disney site.

Tiered Pricing, lol! Because the deluxe resort asphalt is soooooo much nicer than the moderates or value.

Attachments

• DEEDE64B-385F-4A02-9154-8D6F7401D820.png
    DEEDE64B-385F-4A02-9154-8D6F7401D820.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 58

Colter

So how many people park at resorts to go to the parks? You could park at the monorail resorts and monorail it to the mk, park at Epcot resorts and walk to Epcot/hs, and akl for a short bus ride to ak and avoid paying to park at the parks. Why doesn’t everyone do this?
Maybe they do and this one of the reasons resort guests now have to pay to park at the resort they are already over paying for

LSLS

I know you are new here and I hope you stick around and learn from the posters but don't make your 6th post ever a series of 6 'facts' where 5 of these are pretty clearly opinions and the other is restating the purpose of this 100 page thread. I'm sure you're capable of better.[/
Actually, there are no opinions listed there. just non-judgmental facts. Just because the facts do not support your hypothesis does not make them invalid.

Except the Wyndham charges 15.00 per day for parking and 25.00 per day resort fee.

Let's see, we are in the middle of Magic Season. The only time it is more expensive to stay at Walt Disney World is Easter and Christmas weeks. The rate at AS Sports is 162 for a preferred room. The Motel 6 on Idrive is 82.00 for a double room with refrigerator. it is 5.98 additional for internet access in rooms and public areas. The room does not include any transportation to Disney. So, you better have a car. Parking at Disney will add 22.00 per day. Motel 6 rooms average 225 sq foot per room. All Stars rooms are 260 sq foot.

The room is 25% larger.

This is the IDrive Motel 6 pool: pool picture
Does not quite live up to the All Stars Pools.
I guess the real question is, Is it worth 50.00 for the experience?

You need to factor in the resort fees and parking to the cost of the room. Compare hotels of the same price. Go look at the Hilton compared to all stars.

Keith2426

When is enough, enough with this place. As it is now they have implemented tiered ticket pricing, pay extra for a hopper ticket, pay extra for a non expiration ticket, it’s over one hundred dollars for a one day ticket. Everywhere where you turn there’s an extra charge for a hard ticket event and hours are being cut to accommodate these events. Ticket prices increase at least once if not twice a year. I’m sure I’m missing some of the other upcharges. Deluxe room rates are through the roof and Disney has the nerve to add a parking charge to their guests. As someone who has made Disney their families primary vacation destination for many many years I am so disheartened and disgusted by the blantant nickel and diming. As sad as it is I will be looking for other vacation destinations in the future.

bunnyman

Swolphin charges for parking. And has a mandatory resort fee, which they say covers paying for WiFi. And they run specials where you can get WiFi "for free", even though you still have to pay for WiFi by way of the mandatory resort fee.

It's still cheaper to stay at a Value and pay for parking there than at the Swolphin.

Except I wouldn't put a Value in the same category as Swolphin...

seascape

I hate added fees. However, I do think this will help with 2 problems WDW has, too many cars parking at the Parks and traffic on the roads. With SWGE and the 50th coming and all the crowds WDW needs to reduce the number on cars onsite. Then there is the downside to the number 1 rental car site in the US, MCO airport. This will reduce the number of cars rented and encourage more use of the Magic Express, thus hurting the rental car industry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom