News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Are they going to jack the prices up at the value and moderate??? Get rid of the “free dining plan”??

free dining plan isn't "free"... it's just a feel good promotion to get people to think they are getting something for free. as someone who books Disney travel on the site for folks I can tell you they still have promotions going on throughout the year but have drastically reduced the number of rooms they allocate for these discounts now.

It'll be interesting to see how soon resort rates go up again... I assume they will next year on top of this new money grab

HauntedMansionFLA

free dining plan isn't "free"... it's just a feel good promotion to get people to think they are getting something for free. as someone who books Disney travel on the site for folks I can tell you they still have promotions going on throughout the year but have drastically reduced the number of rooms they allocate for these discounts now.

It'll be interesting to see how soon resort rates go up again... I assume they will next year on top of this new money grab
I know it’s not free, I forgot to use this ;) but I do hear people brag about the free dining plan they got.

HauntedMansionFLA

When the new gondola system is up and running. That second mode of transportation besides the bus.
Oh, and with Star Wars Land coming.

Minnie Mum

Honestly depends on what you are trying to be ahead of. For my family location is the #1 end game. Offsites, no matter how cheap, just aren't worth it to us. If your Endgame is cheapest, then yes, go further out on 1-4 and you can find free parking and motels for $69 bucks a night.

Nobody that I've seen here is talking about cheapest. Just cheaper. Comparable accommodations for significantly less per night. I can stay a mile away at the Courtyard, pay only $10/ per night for parking, get a free hot breakfast, and still save a ridiculous amount compared to a WDW mod. For example, I can stay at Courtyard for $93+10. POFQ for the same nights would run $255+19. Thats a difference of $161 PER NIGHT! I'll suffer thru a couple f Uber rides for those kinds of savings.

EpcotMark

I just read the announcement of this resort parking fee. This is outrageous. To me it demonstrates some sort of insolvency or desperate attempt to shake more money out of guests. And the nonsense of all those gates installed. Think of Riverside where the parking is spread out so much. All those gates I think take a little bit away from the relaxed feel of the resorts.

This also could be another way for Disney to get people to take Magical Express as they are trying to create disincentive toward bringing a vehicle on property and being able to drive away and spend money elsewhere. It's all about trying to have a captive audience and being able to recoup your losses on those that come and go.

scarr13311

So what is the benefit of staying at a Disney resort? Can't be for the extra magic hours, cause they are cutting the park hours so they can charge people to pay over $100.00 dollars to stay in the park extra 3 hours; or can't be for the slow bus service to and from the parks, now the bus service is really going to be really slow. The excuse they used in the article was "it brings the company more in line with the industry". This has changed my mind about staying at a Disney resort, from now on better off renting a condo or home and pay less, or If you shop around there are hotels that have specials where they waive the parking and hotel fees.

Last edited:

Brian Wilson

I'm a passholder in Fort Lauderdale. We go 3 to 4 times a year, usually for 4 night stays. I've watched the increase in hotel rates over the years, moving much higher in recent years, still we stay onsite. We might stay at value or moderate more than we used to because of the increase. I just think the rates at the hotels are so far above the norm, they shouldn't charge me 96 dollars extra for a 4 night stay at a deluxe. Have avoided Swan and Dolphin because of this. Might be time to give them another look.

DisneyJoe

Imagine paying the huge room charge to stay at a moderate hotel and then getting socked with an additional 20.00 a day like there is some other choice to park. Why not just raise the stay price to include it so it doesn't seem like such a rip off.
Because not everyone drives. Why should I pay a parking fee when I never have a car at WDW?

Kman101

Yes but as a bunch of people have stated the cost of an offsite hotel room is typically much less. Even if you add in the parking fee at offsite resorts you are still ahead of the game. Marie

I know. I wasn't trying to justify what they're doing, just saying that those wanting to avoid parking fees may still find them at off-site hotels. I didn't state it the best way but that's all I meant. I wasn't factoring in cost of off-site vs. Disney when I was saying that. I've probably said in another post in here that I know it's easier to swallow the fee at a place you're paying a LOT less for. Doesn't mean I'm downplaying the parking fee Disney is now charging.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am curious about this. How would people feel if free FastPass remained as is, but they had a paid option similar to universal? One tier where you get one anytime FastPass per FastPass attraction (or one scheduled one) and another tier for unlimited FastPasses?

There’s still only so many fast passes. So by selling special ones to those willing to pony up the dough, you are reducing the amount of FP included with a normal ticket. Soooo I feel pretty bad about it. That’s a topic for another thread though.

Anyways. About this parking charge. It’s a gross thing for TDO to be doing.

TeriofTerror

Disney would charge you for the air your breathe on property if they could Find a way to. Not shocking at all.
Nonsense! I know some critics have implied that Disney is interested in guests solely for commercial reason, for profit. but Disney believes they have an important obligation to help less fortunate people upgrade their breathing and parking options. Profit is simply a byproduct they've learned to live with. ;)

Polydweller

For us this is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. After 26 years at Poly CL nothing has angered us more. The $24 per night is only part of it. It’s that parking is free for people who just want to visit and just look around. So I have to pay to park at a resort that costs $900 plus a night in CL and still no guarantee that I will get a parking spot. So I can still go through the hell of trying to find a spot while somebody parks there saying they are visiting simply to get free parking to go to MK. What genius thought this was a great idea. Take care of your paying resort guest first Disney!

So, was just about to book this year’s trip but we’re not going to now. This really is too much. Angry email to Guest Communications on its way.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Will this be treated as a "resort fee" where everybody is charged the fee regardless of if you actually bring a car or not, or will this fee only be applicable to people who actually bring a car? I guess what I want to know is, so long as I continue coming in via the Magical Express, will this fee be applicable to me (at least until they they start charging for Magical Express too)?

21stamps

Will this be treated as a "resort fee" where everybody is charged the fee regardless of if you actually bring a car or not, or will this fee only be applicable to people who actually bring a car? I guess what I want to know is, so long as I continue coming in via the Magical Express, will this fee be applicable to me (at least until they they start charging for Magical Express too)?
It says parking fee.. a resort fee would be different. So, you’re safe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom