WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Crunchie9

EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING!

happening GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The occupancy rates are basically a straight line in reverse order of cost. The values sell out 365 days a year (excluding family suites). The moderates nearly every room every night. AK and WL sell out more regularly than the monorail resorts. Source: tracking room availability on Disneyworld.com for months on end.
Bump...

the “deluxes” have had their numbers massaged for 15 years with DVC conversion. They couldn’t sell them because they have exceeded the price ceiling...so they reduce inventory.

the ugly little secret.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Amenities. Service. Maintenance. And one could argue room decor with a lot of the refurbs that have been done in the past few years. Certainly not the price!! 😂

I get that...

what I found laughable is the inference they run like a days inn. So simple in thinking.

there were times when wdw hotels ran on 1:2 employee to room ratio.

with 2100 rooms. They’re not their to “make money”...they’re to drive more profitable streams.
If there’s not enough occupancy to do that...they have no purpose being open.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Bump...

the “deluxes” have had their numbers massaged for 15 years when DVC conversion. They couldn’t sell them because they have exceeded the price ceiling...so they reduce inventory.

the ugly little secret.
What’s so interesting I’m STILL seeing reports of people getting bumped from All Star Movies to Moderates and Deluxes. They’re selling ASMo inventory because it’s what they can sell and then moving people to whatever is open.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What’s so interesting I’m STILL seeing reports of people getting bumped from All Star Movies to Moderates and Deluxes. They’re selling ASMo inventory because it’s what they can sell and then moving people to whatever is open.

I think they’re caught in an inventory loop.

they only want full occupancy. They’re not interested at 60-70%...no money in that for Disney.

so as long as a travel embargo/restriction is in place at all...they won’t want to fully reopen.

homerdance

Disney has updated the resort reopening page to add a date for the Boardwalk -

View attachment 551463
interesting on that same page the difference between FP+ and EMHs:

FastPass+ Service
As a result of the COVID-19 impact on operations, the FastPass+ service is suspended for the time being. FastPass+ service is not offered with the purchase of tickets or annual passes. We will share future updates at a later date.

Extra Magic Hours
The Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. Learn more about our new early theme park entry benefit coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration.

ToTBellHop

FastPass+ Service
As a result of the COVID-19 impact on operations, the FastPass+ service is suspended for the time being. FastPass+ service is not offered with the purchase of tickets or annual passes. We will share future updates at a later date.

Extra Magic Hours
The Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. Learn more about our new early theme park entry benefit coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration.
Well, they can’t call them Extra Magic Hours, can they?

Less Magic Hours+, coming October 1!

The Zach wanted “Less than an Hour of Magic” but Bob insisted on a plus sign.

DisneyDreamer08

Still waiting for Music! Movies was not available for my 2022 dates (cheer competition maybe?) and I can’t justify the price increase for Pop. Come on Music!!!!

Di$neyCPA

Any word on additional restaurants reopening when some of these Deluxe resorts reopen to accommodate the extra guests? At this point, we are only 5-6 weeks from BC and WL and so far crickets.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Any word on additional restaurants reopening when some of these Deluxe resorts reopen to accommodate the extra guests? At this point, we are only 5-6 weeks from BC and WL and so far crickets.
Good question

I think it’s unlikely you’ll see many return soon. Maybe one here or there.

havoc315

FastPass+ Service

Extra Magic Hours

The difference is really just:
EMH -- We have already announced the new program
FP+ -- We haven't announced what we are doing, we aren't telling you whether FP+ is coming back or not, we aren't telling you whether it is being replaced by a new feature.... but we will tell you something, some day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom