WDW Resorts Reopening Thread

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Not exactly the place, but are there any new resort discounts being offered for summer or fall?
The current "spring" room rate discount goes through July 10th.
Based on their normal timing for releasing late summer/early fall they should be released early next week.
Yeah usually its the Monday before or after my niece's birthday (April 25th).
I'm hoping there's a chance I can switch from the minimal 2 extra days discount to a 30% room rate discount for my late August trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The difference is really just:
EMH -- We have already announced the new program
FP+ -- We haven't announced what we are doing, we aren't telling you whether FP+ is coming back or not, we aren't telling you whether it is being replaced by a new feature.... but we will tell you something, some day.
My suspicion is the fastpass + didn’t achieve any goals except as an excuse for an infrastructure upgrade they didn’t want to sell to the stock holders

don’t see it coming back in that form

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What’s the reason why?

1. animals/zoos aren’t exceptionally popular
2. The theme isn’t that popular to Disney’s clientele...especially the US one

Too far away from everything, and buses everywhere. Every other deluxe hotel has close access to at least one park, with non bus transport. Other then WL, the other deluxes have 2 parks they are close to.

the “nice” answer

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Any solutions ever proposed or have they just accepted it.

they did the smart thing when the problem became apparent: severely slashed the prices. The opening rates where basically the grand Floridian...which they’ve never been close too since.

It’s like 9 to Epcot and DHS. It’s really not far from them. Especially Epcot.

It’s a HIKE to MK.

people don’t like buses...and I get it.

but as you say: it really isn’t much of a time problem. Time is really all that matters

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It’s a gorgeous hotel, and I would totally stay there, if I didn’t need to experience a 15+ min bus ride to MK, Epcot and DHS.

See that wouldn't bother me as long as the buses are reliable.

I stayed at Contemporary last year and yeah sure walking to MK was great but getting to EPCOT involved a monorail transfer and getting to HS and AK involved a lot of waiting and unreliable timing and sharing a bus with WL.

Prior to the skyliner POP only had buses and it was about a 22 minute ride to MK but the buses were very efficient.
I hear from many now that since the skyliner opened the transportation isn't as good.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that every resort is going to have some kind of up and down in regards to transportation whether its a longer bus ride or less reliable timing or shared buses.
And really AKL is in a reasonable location to not be TOO far from anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
See that wouldn't bother me as long as the buses are reliable.

I stayed at Contemporary last year and yeah sure walking to MK was great but getting to EPCOT involved a monorail transfer and getting to HS and AK involved a lot of waiting and unreliable timing and sharing a bus with WL.

Prior to the skyliner POP only had buses and it was about a 22 minute ride to MK but the buses were very efficient.
I hear from many now that since the skyliner opened the transportation isn't as good.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that every resort is going to have some kind of up and down in regards to transportation whether its a longer bus ride or less reliable timing or shared buses.
And really AKL is in a reasonable location to not be TOO far from anything.
The best location as far as transport is by far boardwalk...yacht and beach second.

can’t replace requiring no transportation to two parks. That can’t be topped

Touchdown

The best location as far as transport is by far boardwalk...yacht and beach second.

can’t replace requiring no transportation to two parks. That can’t be topped
Eh, most days I’m at MK or Epcot. When running, the Epcot monorail is reliable and quick. For me I love the monorail resorts (particularly the Contemporary, since I can walk to MK, am a stop away from TTC, and one stop back from MK, only coming back from Epcot am I ever on the monorail for more then one stop) slightly more then the crescent lake resorts. However with no Epcot monorail, I fully agree with you and why I’m back at the Yacht Club soon.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Eh, most days I’m at MK or Epcot. When running, the Epcot monorail is reliable and quick. For me I love the monorail resorts (particularly the Contemporary, since I can walk to MK, am a stop away from TTC, and one stop back from MK, only coming back from Epcot am I ever on the monorail for more then one stop) slightly more then the crescent lake resorts. However with no Epcot monorail, I fully agree with you and why I’m back at the Yacht Club soon.

you might change your mind when you get to middle school age!👍🏻🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom