WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
An extended closure will have disastrous effects on the entire central Florida region with knock down effects on many non tourism related businesses. The only reason the city of Orlando and the greater central Florida area seems fine so far is because unemployment and the federal extension has not yet run out.

Exactly. The flippant disregard that people have for the economy on this board is disgusting. People want WDW to stay closed because they don’t want to visit with restrictions and they “need them some Disney” like things were before so they can feel “normal.” So, they’d rather Disney keep the resort shut and only open it when things go back to normal (and without a vaccine, that could be months if not years if we wait to go back to normal like some are suggesting).

Also for everyone flipping out about catching COVID at the parks - don’t go. If Disney wants to reopen and you feel like it’s not safe - don’t go. That’s the beautiful thing about America - we have the ability to make personal choices. Just because Disney is open doesn’t exclude you from personal responsibility. If you choose to go to any large crowd event or area during this pandemic, you are risking infection (not just at Disney).

Disney has opened the park in China, OLC is preparing to open Tokyo, and Comcast is about to open Universal Florida. They need to get cash flow and get their parks open and their employees working. If you don’t like the restrictions, don’t go - but stop berating those of us that actually can understand and see the economic impact of this virus and what it’s doing to people outside of the hospital. Until you have to make a list of people you might have to lay off because you’re facing major budget cuts don’t lecture me about this virus. I see the health effects and the economic effects. People want to work and we need our economy to get going otherwise the hundred’s of thousands that will die from economic ruin will make COVID look like a drop in the bucket.

Edited to add: I’m on the record saying my wife and I won’t go with restrictions in place for a number of reason. And that’s okay. We don’t want to go and pay for half an experience and to have to wear masks. And we accept that personal responsibility that means we don’t get to go to Disney when they reopen. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t reopen. I want them to reopen. And I want people to go and be safe and wear masks and socially distance so we can show it can be done and get things moving. But I’m not going to pitch a fit because Disney might open in a way I don’t like.

Last edited:
Mid June. I have a source. Maybe that’s not a new revelation. I don’t have any more details than that. I do not post much so I don’t blame anyone for not trusting me. I probably would not either.
Like June 15th or closer to June 20th? Anything about offerings at all? I know you don’t have many details to share, but anything is better than nothing.

disney4life2008

Exactly. The flippant disregard that people have for the economy on this board is disgusting. People want WDW to stay closed because they don’t want to visit with restrictions and they “need them some Disney” like things were before so they can feel “normal.” So, they’d rather Disney keep the resort shut and only open it when things go back to normal (and without a vaccine, that could be months if not years if we wait to go back to normal like some are suggesting).

Also for everyone flipping out about catching COVID at the parks - don’t go. If Disney wants to reopen and you feel like it’s not safe - don’t go. That’s the beautiful thing about America - we have the ability to make personal choices. Just because Disney is open doesn’t exclude you from personal responsibility. If you choose to go to any large crowd event or area during this pandemic, you are risking infection (not just at Disney).

Disney has opened the park in China, OLC is preparing to open Tokyo, and Comcast is about to open Universal Florida. They need to get cash flow and get their parks open and their employees working. If you don’t like the restrictions, don’t go - but stop berating those of us that actually can understand and see the economic impact of this virus and what it’s doing to people outside of the hospital. Until you have to make a list of people you might have to lay off because you’re facing major budget cuts don’t lecture me about this virus. I see the health effects and the economic effects. People want to work and we need our economy to get going otherwise the hundred’s of thousands that will die from economic ruin will make COVID look like a drop in the bucket.

Edited to add: I’m on the record saying my wife and I won’t go with restrictions in place for a number of reason. And that’s okay. We don’t want to go and pay for half an experience and to have to wear masks. And we accept that personal responsibility that means we don’t get to go to Disney when they reopen. But that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t reopen. I want them to reopen. And I want people to go and be safe and wear masks and socially distance so we can show it can be done and get things moving. But I’m not going to pitch a fit because Disney might open in a way I don’t like.

Go tell that to the hundreds of laid off people at Ross and Walmart right now shopping like it's no tomorrow. Something don't add up.

Touchdown

I’m sorry I worry about mass gatherings causing spikes in cases around the country when those brave consumers return back home.

I hope all of you hoping to restart the economy realize what you are risking, because if the virus returns in a big way again, that will lead to a second shutdown. A second shutdown would be disastrous not only because it’s more of what we had earlier but what comes afterwards, see we human beings are not rational in large groups, and group think is going to think “we opened too early last time, I can’t trust the government to look out for my safety, I’m staying in until I think it’s safe.”

That’s the kind of thinking that leads to an economic depression, but bright side is, you got to go to a theme park in June 2020 so worth it.

I hope I’m wrong, but if I’m right then these 2 months of freedom are going to be extremely costly.

RaveOnEd

I’m sorry I worry about mass gatherings causing spikes in cases around the country when those brave consumers return back home.

I hope all of you hoping to restart the economy realize what you are risking, because if the virus returns in a big way again, that will lead to a second shutdown. A second shutdown would be disastrous not only because it’s more of what we had earlier but what comes afterwards, see we human beings are not rational in large groups, and group think is going to think “we opened too early last time, I can’t trust the government to look out for my safety, I’m staying in until I think it’s safe.”

That’s the kind of thinking that leads to an economic depression, but bright side is, you got to go to a theme park in June 2020 so worth it.

I hope I’m wrong, but if I’m right then these 2 months of freedom are going to be extremely costly.
You can’t keep an economic system like the US shut down indefinitely. It’s simply impossible.

You have the choice to stay home if you’re afraid or feel sick, but everyone simply can not shut their businesses down for an indefinite period. It doesn’t work that way.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Go tell that to the hundreds of laid off people at Ross and Walmart right now shopping like it's no tomorrow. Something don't add up.

Let’s see. Florida offers a max of $275 a week in unemployment. On top of that, the government is giving an additional $600 a week - meaning they can take home a max of $875 a week. That means they’re making the FTE if someone who makes $45,500 which is a lot more than most people working in the travel and hospitality industry.

Right now they have no incentive to save or work, because they’re collecting more in unemployment than in normal pay. On top of that, the majority of Americans are financially irresponsible, with less than $1,000 In savings. It’s not a surprise that they are out spending and shopping. On top of that, they still have to feed and clothe themselves - are you saying they shouldn’t be shopping just because they’re unemployed?

When the additional $600 a week from the feds end, it’s going to hit people hard if they can’t go back to their normal job. And I highly doubt that gets extended past July as it’s just too big of an incentive not to work. It does the opposite of what UI is designed to do.

Touchdown

You can’t keep an economic system like the US shut down indefinitely. It’s simply impossible.

You have the choice to stay home if you’re afraid or feel sick, but everyone simply can not shut their businesses down for an indefinite period. It doesn’t work that way.

Thanks to replying to my note without actually reading it. Ready, Fire, Aim is the way America has been responding to this epidemic since the beginning, I was trying to lay out a concern I have about opening these places up and how they may affect people who don’t travel down. It’s depressing how no one can have a serious discussion anymore, it’s all about the soundbit.

disney4life2008

Let’s see. Florida offers a max of $275 a week in unemployment. On top of that, the government is giving an additional $600 a week - meaning they can take home a max of $875 a week. That means they’re making the FTE if someone who makes $45,500 which is a lot more than most people working in the travel and hospitality industry.

Right now they have no incentive to save or work, because they’re collecting more in unemployment than in normal pay. On top of that, the majority of Americans are financially irresponsible, with less than $1,000 In savings. It’s not a surprise that they are out spending and shopping. On top of that, they still have to feed and clothe themselves - are you saying they shouldn’t be shopping just because they’re unemployed?

When the additional $600 a week from the feds end, it’s going to hit people hard if they can’t go back to their normal job. And I highly doubt that gets extended past July as it’s just too big of an incentive not to work. It does the opposite of what UI is designed to do.

Exactly. They shouldn't be out shopping. And I don't agree with food stamps or unemployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom