WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianstl

Actually, Disney owns the hotel. And I don't think there are laws that address DVC resorts wherever they are.
Actually each DVC owner owns property interest in the DVC resort during the terms of the contract. The combined shares of DVC owners is far more than Disney’s shares. Also, Florida has a full section of their laws that address DVC resorts and other timeshares.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is from the attached article on Legoland’s opening:

In addition to the overall 50% capacity limitation, Legoland will enforce the same limitation at facilities inside the park, such as restaurants and live entertainment venues, and at the new Pirate Island and the original Legoland Hotel, Jackson said.

Not saying Disney has to follow what Legoland is doing but the local guidelines for reopening did suggest limiting capacity at hotels in the first 2 phases. Again, not a requirement but it doesn’t line up with Disney’s conservative approach to open DVC resorts at 100% capacity in June or even July.

ThatMouse

There's a possibly that opening does not mean it stays open. If the "health officials" approve the opening plan, is there some way to reverse the decision if the # of daily cases rises? Also, no one is really going to be tracking WHERE they got infected, so even looking at local cases, we'd have no way to know how many people are getting infected AT Disney. You would need to factor in where guests live and that's not public information.

Rider

Actually each DVC owner owns property interest in the DVC resort during the terms of the contract. The combined shares of DVC owners is far more than Disney’s shares. Also, Florida has a full section of their laws that address DVC resorts and other timeshares.
Administration and Management:
In addition to your mandatory membership in the Club upon your purchase of an Ownership Interest in a DVC Resort, you will also automatically become a member of
the condominium association and/or the vacation owners association, as applicable, for your Home Resort. Your membership in the applicable associations is governed
by the governing documents for your Home Resort including the Declaration of Condominium and/or the Plan Declaration and by the Bylaws of each association. The
associations are the entities responsible for the overall management and operation of the DVC Resorts. The associations are not owned by TWDC or any affiliate or
subsidiary of TWDC; although, they are effectively controlled by DVD. This control by DVD of the associations arises out of the fact that the Master Cotenancy
Agreement appoints DVD as the “representative” of each Unit in each DVC Resort. This means that even after a majority of the Ownership Interests in a DVC Resort
have been sold, DVD will control all association matters unless and until DVD is removed as representative by the owners of at least sixty percent (60%) of the
Ownership Interests in a majority of the Units in the DVC Resort. DVD will be authorized to cast the vote for a given Unit at association meetings in whatever manner
it deems appropriate provided that DVD is acting on behalf of the cotenants as a whole pursuant to its duties under applicable law; and further provided that DVD may
not cast a Unit’s vote at an association meeting with respect to certain specific matters without the written consent in advance of such meetings by the owners of sixty
percent (60%) of the Ownership Interests in that Unit. This authority extends to the election of the board of directors of the association, as well as to other matters. At
least sixty percent (60%) of the Ownership Interests in at least a majority of Units would be required in order for the Members to exercise any significant control over
the association. Therefore, as a practical matter, the Owners of Ownership Interests in the Units in each DVC Resort will probably be unable to remove DVD from
control of the association throughout the term of the DVC Resort.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There's a possibly that opening does not mean it stays open. If the "health officials" approve the opening plan, is there some way to reverse the decision if the # of daily cases rises? Also, no one is really going to be tracking WHERE they got infected, so even looking at local cases, we'd have no way to know how many people are getting infected AT Disney. You would need to factor in where guests live and that's not public information.
There’s no way of knowing what’s gonna happen in the future. A second wave, better treatments, a vaccine. Anything is possible. You are going to get a bunch of people who say they won’t shut down again, but there were some who said they wouldn’t shut down in March then said they would be open by Easter because they wouldn’t miss the Spring Break crowds. I can tell you for sure in March I never considered the possibility the parks would be closed at least halfway through June. If there’s one thing I know for sure it’s that we know nothing for sure. :)

Jrb1979

There’s no way of knowing what’s gonna happen in the future. A second wave, better treatments, a vaccine. Anything is possible. You are going to get a bunch of people who say they won’t shut down again, but there were some who said they wouldn’t shut down in March then said they would be open by Easter because they wouldn’t miss the Spring Break crowds. I can tell you for sure in March I never considered the possibility the parks would be closed at least halfway through June. If there’s one thing I know for sure it’s that we know nothing for sure. :)
I do know that where I live the Premier has said if numbers don't start going down he will shut things down in a heart beat.

Baloo62

That is the mess that will be coming to Disney when they open. There will be those following the rules, and a large amount of people who will not, and they will have no problem being in your personal space. Just like the bartender, CMs will not confront the rule breakers, it will be other guests who say something. There will be lots of conflict.
Couldn't agree more. And I suspect many of these confrontations will become physical.

Seanual757

Would you be happy if they offered a refund for the year on your points, or if they allowed you to bank them for next year? (To my understanding banking points year to year typically isn't allowed) Because if I'm being honest, I don't see them opening every DVC resort any time soon, regardless if whether owners think that's fair or not. It sucks, but we're in a weird time and the rules for how things usually operate have flown out the window.
Edit: I just looked up banking points and it turns out you can bank them, but I don't know how many years in a row. So I guess I'll ask instead, would you be happy if maybe they gave extra points to be used next year?

If Disney wanted to move me from my 2 Bedroom at Riviera for the NBA I sure as hell hope they move to to either a Grand Villa or a Bungalo at Poly.

The best place for the NBA to go to is no doubt Coronado Springs. The other issue I have is if they give the families priority for the parks before your loyal guests APH, and those staying on Property DVC, ect....

RaveOnEd

Disney releases new statement on 'Planning Your Disney Parks Vacation'
I'm hoping we'll know more if they make a presentation next week, but it's going to wear thin on people, especially with Universal getting the momentum from yesterday's announcement. Disney isn't going to want the money coming into Florida not going into their parks. Right now, you're looking at impulsive and impatient people just going to go to Universal and go home, since they're going to be open.

I'm not booked to go to WDW until August, but if it looks like WDW isn't together by then, we'll have no problems cancelling and making it a Universal trip. This doesn't look like a company that's supposed to have had every contingency thought of, any combination of measures thought out. They may have, but public perception is everything. If they look like they're not organized on what to do, you're going to frustrate a lot of people.

Seanual757

Yikes. I’d like to revise my previous guess to August 19th.

Honestly Disney can do what they want but seeing that Universal is a Go for 6/5 opening already approved by the mayor and the governor I am not sure what Disney is waiting for. If anything the footprint of Universal is much smaller than Disney and Disney has far more cast members to take care of what needs to be done. I am honestly disappointed that Disney has not released plans yet if the hold up is because of the NBA that sucks I understand the money but that is a one time shot not the returning guests that we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom