WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getachew

Even if they set a date, it’s still very much subject to change should their be a second wave. People think it’s over, it’s not.

I agree. It's also why I believe UO will give a time frame tomorrow, not an exact date. Even Seaworld didn't 100% commit to a specific date, they just said they "hope" to open by the end of June.

DisneyOutsider

I'm also wondering that if the NBA and MLS rumors are potentially true, on whether or not that will affect when the parks re-open or not.

Both have been discussed and considered... neither one is imminent and neither one would prevent WDW from opening to guests if it so desired to.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Even if they set a date, it’s still very much subject to change should their be a second wave. People think it’s over, it’s not.
I agree. It's also why I believe UO will give a time frame tomorrow, not an exact date. Even Seaworld didn't 100% commit to a specific date, they just said they "hope" to open by the end of June.
I agree that the date given will be either a ballpark or a “we are hoping for this date” estimate. I think the reason the state wants a date is to signal other businesses. So many ancillary businesses revolve around the major tourism in Orlando. If I own a restaurant or hotel or mini-golf on I Drive I would want to know if they plan to open the big draws next week, next month or not until next year. Makes a huge difference for my business. Unfortunately, Disney and Comcast have their own agendas. They have shareholders and A BoD to deal with. They also need to make sure any information shared is done correctly since they are publicly traded companies and an opening date could have a material impact on the stock prices.

Amused to Death

WHO recommends 1 meter. CDC specifically says 6 feet.

The seats on Soarin are very narrow. If you want to keep 6 feet apart I’d say you probably need 3 empty seats between parties. So at most 2 parties per bench. I wasn’t thinking about the middle row either.

They might want to turn the "feel the wind in your face" fans off...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They might want to turn the "feel the wind in your face" fans off...

Could they reverse the fans and suck everything away from the guests? ;) Sorta like those high powered exhaust fans they had over tables at some steakhouses and cigar bars when you could still light up a cigar indoors.

Herdman

You know, there will be a few folks on here that won't know what to do with themselves if Disney successfully reopens sometime this summer. I guess they'll have to find something else to be overly pessimistic about. I can just tell though that they won't have much trouble in doing that. And I did say "if" not when.

ImperfectPixie

You are correct that chlorine will kill the virus. At the water park it is not the water that you need to be concerned about. It's the person next to you in the pool sneezing, coughing, etc that you need to be worried about.
Agreed. I would hope no one would go anywhere if they were sick at this point.

Katelynbird

Yeah, if people have any of these upper respiratory symptoms or a fever(they won't be let in anyway because they will be tested) they shouldn't be going to an amusement park or water park anyway. They should be consulting their doctor instead.

Tavernacle12

I think it would be silly to give a firm date, especially if it'd over two weeks away. They should give a hopeful reopening period, which would give them flexibility if the state reopenings see huge spikes. Ideally it'd be "We're hoping for July but we want to make sure all the applicable numbers are down, otherwise we'll push back reopening." It was noted elsewhere that the parks do not want to be seen as epicenters the way cruise ships are.

icc2515

eah, if people have any of these upper respiratory symptoms or a fever(they won't be let in anyway because they will be tested) they shouldn't be going to an amusement park or water park anyway. They should be consulting their doctor instead.
Well, most kids that get Covid are asymptomatic so the medical screening will not catch them.

VaderTron

I would imagine that not all were able to go back to their country of origin. Honestly, I don’t know how that system works, but one would imagine that they would not delay the entire park because of the World Showcase.
The entire park IS World Showcase as the front half is 80% construction barriers.

Katelynbird

Well, most kids that get Covid are asymptomatic so the medical screening will not catch them.
There isn't much that can be done if someone is showing no symptoms. That is pretty obvious. I think we are talking about the kids and people that would choose to come that are coughing and sneezing.

ToTBellHop

A few things could put Universal first.
Perhaps I’m off the mark, but I feel Universal can more readily enforce rules. Too many WDW fans feel entitled to vacation the way they want to.
I think it would be silly to give a firm date, especially if it'd over two weeks away. They should give a hopeful reopening period, which would give them flexibility if the state reopenings see huge spikes. Ideally it'd be "We're hoping for July but we want to make sure all the applicable numbers are down, otherwise we'll push back reopening." It was noted elsewhere that the parks do not want to be seen as epicenters the way cruise ships are.
You need to specify a date if you expect guests to pre-book park dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom