WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJJME

My September projection for the theme parks still stands. And that's still a conservative estimate.

Also, I'm officially pushing back my "I will run naked through my neighborhood singing/performing Gangsta's Paradise or whatever" to July 10th. If WDW opens by then (theme park or theme parks) my neighborhood is spared and the bet is lost.*

*For those playing at home, I have won April 1st, April 15th, May 1st. My June 1st bet is still pending but pretty much in the bag. :)
You stink at predicting. Stick to being a negative nelly. That’s what you’re good at

Parker in NYC

Hahahahahahahaha. Following same protocol as shanghai and will be open in 2 weeks. Just tell me what ride you want photo taken from. Admit it. You were wrong and negativity is not needed around here. Lolololplololololololololololo

They follow mask-wearing-rules in Shanghai. Wake me up when America does. You want folks who are negative and wrong? Look at the ones protesting those requirements of certain private businesses.

themarchhare

They follow mask-wearing-rules in Shanghai. Wake me up when America does. You want folks who are negative and wrong? Look at the ones protesting those requirements of certain private businesses.

I'm wondering if they're even able to hire the extra security to enforce. Keeping a close eye on this to see if it'll be safe for me to go in late October (if people are stupid, I won't take a chance).

themarchhare

-Asthma
-(Controlled) HBP
-Gillain-Barre Syndrome in the past

I'm not taking any chances with stupid people, and anti-mask people are the stupidest people on Earth right now. Apparently a woman in her car in the Windermere area was attacked by another woman who stated that she "had the right to protest her mask-wearing." So, my hopes and expectations are low.

Parker in NYC

-Asthma
-(Controlled) HBP
-Gillain-Barre Syndrome in the past

I'm not taking any chances with stupid people, and anti-mask people are the stupidest people on Earth right now. Apparently a woman in her car in the Windermere area was attacked by another woman who stated that she "had the right to protest her mask-wearing." So, my hopes and expectations are low.

Good move on your part. And yes, they absolutely are the stupidest people. No doubt about it.

themarchhare

In fact the regional parks (Mostly Six Flags and Cedar Fair) will probably dictate policy for the entire industry as they'll be the first to open for a few reasons.
  • They rely entirely on park profit. Disney and Universal/Comcast always had other profits than their parks coming in (ex: Disney has Disney+ and toys to make a profit off of while Cedar Fair has absolutely nothing). This will definitely give a lot more motivation for regional parks to open more quickly than the giants.
  • They are smaller
  • Not worried as much about relationships with other companies or public perception and can be more risky. (Which can be good or bad).

Not to mention, this all happening exactly when they open their new attractions for late spring/early summer. Busch Gardens has a big coaster opening here in Virginia and I can imagine that they're just ITCHING to reopen right now.

Getachew

Cedar Point has all their staff hired for the 2020 season and has HR and managers still on salary in anticipation to begin operation. Other chains like Six flags and Regional parks are planning on still having a season this summer. It's all a competition to see who's the first to open! :)

we’ll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom