WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwade77

Honestly, I would expect some movement within the next week to two week at Disney Springs with a wait and see position for a couple of weeks before opening parks.

Giss Neric

This seems extremely hopeful!
I feel like there's definitely some conflicting info with Cedar Fair, but I do know for Cedar Point that they have their staff all hired and are only waiting for the state (Ohio) to give them legal permission to start opening.

It's also possible that Cedar Point will phase open with opening the beach/boardwalk area and accommodations and open the park shortly after. Cedar Point owns a lovely shoreline/beach besides the park that they can attract people with, I'm not sure what Cedar Fair plans with the other parks are, but being the flagship park for the company and location of Cedar Point is a priority for them to attempt some sort of reopening/test.

*Also for those unfamiliar with how Cedar Point operates they have a similar program with Disney where they provide a lot of housing to employees as they hire nationally and internationally, a lot of employees aren't locals, so i could definitely see comparisons being made with how they reopen.*
Cedar Point or any Six Flags park doesn't get anywhere near the level of attendance Universal or Disney gets so I would assume they would open way earlier than those two giants.

Gearbm95

Not really tied to reopening but hearing from a friend in management at the parks that temperature testing will 100% be required for entry.

bcoachable

At some point, a big name business sector of some kind (my guess is a pro sports organization) is going to get back to it. The NFL is currently in the lead for this, in my opinion, by announcing their Fall schedule.. but with the NBA opening facilities for practice, they may jump to the front by tomorrow....
This will begin to lead the way for others to stick their necks out and open as well....
For the moment, and for good reason, no one seems willing to risk their reputation on the outcomes of: a) what happens when the second wave is started/blamed by attending a football game (or theme park or whatever), or b) public perception that "this business" doesn't care about our health c)litigation is feared.
At some point, we have to get back to "business" or change the rules of the world drastically. This current model is not going to be sustainable for too much longer...
Thanks for attending my Ted Talk
(edited to add the NBA comment)

Last edited:

Peter Pan's Shadow

Universal just sent me one of the longest surveys I've ever had. Lol. Covered my opinions on Covid -19, where I got my news, what my expectations are of reopening, what measures are most important to me, even asked if only Island OA was open and only the most popular rides were open and free behind then scene tours and at 50% capacity, would I be ok paying double the daily ticket price? A lot of asking me to rank ideas like removing turnstiles, moving all shops and quick service places outdoors, checking GPS history on your phone prior to entry, nasal swab test, laser temp check, wearing masks/gloves, a health verification form I'd fill out stating I'm healthy, visual health inspection.... Ha. It was looong.

Last edited:

HansGruber

Even sports leagues don't have a clear and convincing path to re-opening and they can be successful without spectators in attendance.

I seriously don't know how any theme park is going to be successful in reopening. Then there's the question of if the demand is even there once these places are ready to serve customers.

peter11435

Even sports leagues don't have a clear and convincing path to re-opening and they can be successful without spectators in attendance.

I seriously don't know how any theme park is going to be successful in reopening. Then there's the question of if the demand is even there once these places are ready to serve customers.
I think demand will be lower. But given the lower capacity I think there will be adequate demand.

bcoachable

I agree with everything except the demand part... I think there will be demand. Maybe not in the numbers that Disney can and/or are willing to open for... but I believe there will be a large demand. Take beaches for example... what a mess. There is a significant number of people who just can't stay away. I think Martin called them Harry Hoorahs or something? @marni, you should trademark that label! I can see the (sleeve-less) t-shirts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom