WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daannzzz

IMG_0281.jpg

mattjs

So Matt, I forgot to ask...are you using a tripod for all these fabulously white balanced indoor photos? The others I can see as just photos, but this one has such a low light yet a fast paced atmosphere that I wonder.

Gorjus

For low-light, I usually just take advantage of railings, tables, benches, trash cans, and whatever I can. For shutter over a couple seconds or where a trash can or whatever doesn't give me the right angle I sometimes use one of these -- http://www.pedcopods.com.

That Boulangerie shot though is 100% the magic of Image Stabilization :) I had my doubts about what IS could do but now I wouldn't buy another camera without it. f2.8, bumped up the ISO (unfortunately Canon ISO doesn't show up in standard EXIF, but based on the noise it was probly 200) and then 1/13th of a second shutter. Without IS I can only handhold maybe 1/30th of a second. With it, it's just amazing what it can do. The catch with a picture like that is there's no way to expose for both the food and the room. Food ends up a little overexposed, room a little under. Compromise.

Here's a so, so shot that was handheld (in a crowd) at almost a full half a second (2/5ths) -- http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1255/565656276_6170102d22_b.jpg -- Canon's IS technology is awesome.

A side note on IS though, if you set the camera down on a table, or use a mini-tripod or whatever, you wanna turn IS off. When there's no camera shake at all, IS gets fooled. It keeps working to stabilize and actually ends up putting a little blur in your pic.

Disney MDACK

If you would have read all of the posts, then you would've known
IT WAS A JOKE! GET OVER IT!

If it is a Joke how come Flower's Child has not posted anything since that time. :shrug:

"I have tried to be nice about all this, but you rude people will not stop giving me a hard time and I am getting sick of it !! " Doesn't sound like he thought it was a joke.

raven

If it is a Joke how come Flower's Child has not posted anything since that time. :shrug:

"I have tried to be nice about all this, but you rude people will not stop giving me a hard time and I am getting sick of it !! " Doesn't sound like he thought it was a joke.

Are you trying to start another argument? Maybe he's already posted all his photos.

Why, oh why must people bring this up again 1,110 posts later? :rolleyes:

LoriMistress

I'll drop it but it isn't right.

You obviously haven't dropped it. Quit starting another argument, and move on. After all, this is a Disney message board. You're going to pick a fight with someone on a Disney message board?! If you truely have a life and really "over it" then move on already.

Besides, Flower's Child mainly posts on Disboards.com, as well as other numerous WDW sites. So, get off your high horse, and relax already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom