WDW Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

fngoofy

The track is still there but the boats are not :cry:

They weren't on tracks, you could do a 360 in one of those boats.

There are some guiders under the bridges still (i think), they would keep the boat from running head on into a bridge support if they were off corse.

I just read a write-up on them. They were controlled by the two steering wheels you see in the pick. Each controlled a water jet, one in the front and one in the back of the boat.

Initially they were setup to run off an electronic guidance system, but when that failed they went for the jet stearing.

I remember riding them as a kid, if I remember correctly they had a sign in the queue that said "this is a quiet ride...." to discourage kids and loud groups. Ha, ha, like that would do any good now.

fngoofy

Spaceship Earth and Fountain of Nations at EPCOT Center circa 1982. This is a slide (EC-16-5) that you used to be able to buy at Walt Disney World.

757873933_e562e48a96_b.jpg

I loved those slides!

You could buy strips of like 5-6 slides. They had them for all the major attractions. They were great. You could get slides of HM or PotC and they were professionaly lit and looked just the way you would see them while on the ride.

I wish they would do that now, just put hi-res digital pics on a cd that you can buy, you could add them in to the ones you take yourself and that, would rock.

MacDuffieMuppet

^ Did they take down the stitch, or is that just a different entrance / different time period? Or is it an entirly different store??

put this up the other day...taken in the middle of june. so its still up as far as i know. i hope the dont take it down. i like running through it..after i put away my camera. i like runnign through the fountains and hving people look at me. idc..its fun and cools you off its. hehe. i love stitch.

Flower'sChild

i love how her comb is just sticking out of her head. lol.... i have been wondering whats up with the doll? were trying to get every charecter to hold her?:rolleyes: just cuiouse

The doll is a Children of the World doll from Norway. The photos of the characters holding the little doll are from Princess story book dining which is in Norway in Epcot. A Norway doll at a Norway character meal :) I took a photo of each Princess holding the doll and I also had a photo taken with each Princess with one of us holding the little doll for the photo :)

jeffb

lspicknall - I am really enjoying your vintage photos. Thanks for taking the time to scan them in! I took almost the same exact picture as you did in Aug 1983 (unfortunately mine is with a disc camera).

409516197_619fe18b95_o.jpg

Spaceship Earth and Fountain of Nations at EPCOT Center circa 1982. This is a slide (EC-16-5) that you used to be able to buy at Walt Disney World.

757873933_e562e48a96_b.jpg
Anyone else see what appears to be a child sitting in a stroller looking at the fountain. Seems kinda strange for a professionally done slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom