WDW Picture of the Day Thread (Part 5)

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Here is the fifth installment of everyone's favorite thread, the Walt Disney World Picture of the Day Thread! As stated previously, we limit each thread to 5,000 posts to alleviate some of the burden on the servers (per Steve's request).

Rules:
1. Please post pictures of the Disney Parks and Cruise Lines only...not your dolls, toys, dogs, cars, etc.

2. One photo per person per day.

3. No repeat photos, please.

4. Please limit comments to the photos.

5. Please limit off-topic comments.

Some posters have also adopted some posting conventions that make the thread more navigable. These aren't rules, but merely suggestions:

Posting Suggestions:
1. Please include the location of the photo taken to limit comments if it is not obvious where you took the picture.

2. If you know how, please delete the quoted images from quotes to limit the sizing of the page, replacing the image link in the quote with a small description of the original photo, such as (castle pic). If you are unsure of what post was being referred to, you can simply click on this button
viewpost.gif
, and it will link you back to the original post with the photo.

I personally also think we shouldn't be posting anything that required breaking park rules to take, but then again, I'm a rule-nazi, and this list is already getting too long.

Enough with the rules, the short and skinny of this thread is this: everyone post your Disney pictures! They need not be professional quality; everyone enjoys seeing the many different perspectives in this thread, and we all can learn from one another, which is one of the things that makes this thread so great. We all love Walt Disney World, so please don't deprive us of your shots!

Here are links to the previous threads:
WDW Picture of the Day (Part 1)
WDW Picture of the Day (Part 2)
WDW Picture of the Day (Part 3)
WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Having difficulty posting pictures? Read these Instructions. They will give you the general idea about how to add pictures to your posts.

Thanks to JML42691, from whom I stole much of the text for this thread.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Here is mine for today:

Clicking on the picture will take you to its Flickr page, where you can download a full size version, navigate to my other WDW (or puppy and kitten) pictures, or access my EXIF data.

ChuckElias

Posting Suggestions:
1. Please include the location of the photo taken to limit comments if it is not obvious where you took the picture.
I cannot stress this one enough. Some of these awesome photos are very frustrating b/c I have no idea where they are. I hate to keep posting just to ask, "Great pic. Where'd you take it?"

Here's another of my dad's old slides from '72. We're in front of the castle obviously. Sitting on the wall are me on the left and my sister. The three women behind me are my mom (waving), her mom (middle) and my dad's mom (right).

285994223112_0_ALB.jpg

Gorjus

I'm a little slow. It was only last week that I realized why the theme of the Food and Wine fest this year is Cities in Wonderland. And in case anyone else is slow like me, I'll explain. 85 years ago last week the Disney company was born. "Walt Disney arrived in California in the summer of 1923 with a lot of hopes but little else. He had made a cartoon in Kansas City about a little girl in a cartoon world, called Alice's Wonderland, and he decided that he could use it as his "pilot" film to sell a series of these Alice Comedies to a distributor. Soon after arriving in California, he was successful. A distributor in New York, M. J. Winkler, contracted to distribute the Alice Comedies on October 16, 1923, and this date became the start of the Disney company. Originally known as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, with Walt Disney and his brother, Roy, as equal partners, the company soon changed its name, at Roy's suggestion, to the Walt Disney Studio." The above quote is from the cast website.

So in honor of that, and very subtly may I add, we have Cities in Wonderland:

P1000083.JPG

Gorjus

I think the rules need to be modified. I love seeing DLR photos as well as WDW photos. Even Cruise Line photos thrill me. Just my opinion.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I think the rules need to be modified. I love seeing DLR photos as well as WDW photos. Even Cruise Line photos thrill me. Just my opinion.

Same here, and I hope everyone else agrees. The respective forums for the other parks are simply not popular enough to sustain their own POTD threads, and many here enjoy seeing pictures from every park.

I already parsed down some of the rules The Mom originally posted in a previous thread because there haven't been any issues in the last couple of threads (the rules were put in place after a couple of "incidents" early-on). I think until we have further issues and have to be "reigned in", we can give ourselves a little more latitude, thus the rules have been modified to allow pictures from only the Disney Parks and Cruise Lines. Please still try to focus on WDW, so we don't have moderator intervention on this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom