WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeeKee

P9060916.jpg

DisneySam

!

Here is my shot for the day:

Clicking on the picture takes you to its Flickr Page. Check out the link in my signature for other shots from my recent trip!

--I think I screwed up somewhere in the RAW conversion of this picture. It looks sort of funky blown up to full size. Guess I need to try again...

WOW! Great shot!!!

WDWFigment

However, Disney has set it up so that if they want to get rid of someone for little things they can. There is a new sign going up near all of the entertainment "break rooms": "Employees shall not engage in unauthorized personal photography in or about the Walt Disney World Resort." Well that casts a wide net. Technically if I come to the park as a guest and take a photo of my family in front of the Hat, I've broken the rules. So, who knows?

I'm not suggesting that you should test this, but if that's the extent of the new rule, the impetus is on Disney to define "unauthorized". If they don't indicate what is unauthorized, the rule is interpreted against them as the drafter, and anything (within reason) is authorized. Do they indicate what's "unauthorized" anywhere?

With Disney, the "rules" in practice are a bit different. If they don't specify what's unauthorized, they can just fight it out later and win with their resources, so it's still not worth testing.

Of course, I'm just posting all of this jibber-jabber because it irritates me that your flow of "insider" pictures has been cut off...

KeeKee

I'm not suggesting that you should test this, but if that's the extent of the new rule, the impetus is on Disney to define "unauthorized". If they don't indicate what is unauthorized, the rule is interpreted against them as the drafter, and anything (within reason) is authorized. Do they indicate what's "unauthorized" anywhere?

With Disney, the "rules" in practice are a bit different. If they don't specify what's unauthorized, they can just fight it out later and win with their resources, so it's still not worth testing.

Of course, I'm just posting all of this jibber-jabber because it irritates me that your flow of "insider" pictures has been cut off...

I completely understand Disney's point here. If the pictures are of "backstage", they have every right to protect their image. Anything "onstage" is fair game as it is open to the public in general.

WDWFigment

I completely understand Disney's point here. If the pictures are of "backstage", they have every right to protect their image. Anything "onstage" is fair game as it is open to the public in general.

I was under the impression that Gorjus was saying everything was unauthorized.

Clicking on the picture takes you to its Flickr page. The rest of my pictures from my August 2008 trip can be found on my WDW Flickr Set (link in signature).

KeeKee

I was under the impression that Gorjus was saying everything was unauthorized.

Clicking on the picture takes you to its Flickr page. The rest of my pictures from my August 2008 trip can be found on my WDW Flickr Set (link in signature).

One of your best shots yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom