WDW Picture of the Day (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocAudio

275July4FireworksDHS.jpg

daliseurat

hehe, i dont see why people hate the wand so much :shrug:

Epcot (well, FUTUREWORLD) has such a CLEAN design to it. It's so sleek and minimalist. From an artistic standpoint SPACESHIP EARTH is so iconic. Once you add the hand, the scale of it is off, it looks unbalanced and cluttered. A cartoon hand just doesn't fit into the design. It just somehow mangles the effect.

I have to admit, I liked it the first year, because I thought it was temporary and was kind of neat. And then it overstayed it's welcome. It was no longer a temporary decoration. And now that it's gone, every time I see a picture of that cartoon hand and wand I just can't believe they ever put it there. It really was a bad design. Even the tombstones, I mean Legacy monument fit in better, design-wise. And they need to go as well.

pescador1f

wedding reception!!!

i never knew one could have their reception in a park! last week at the Italian Pavillion 4/9/08, saw one in The Morocco Pavillion the next day, nice!!

HPIM2813.jpg
HPIM2814.jpg

gibson12

i have never been on this ride, but just a thought, why cant they wear real clothes instead of one piece molded things? it looks real cheap and dusty, and for such a monumental movie it should be treated so, come on disney throw some cash at it, do it up!
even the pillow is plastic!![/quote]

I agree. If you look at it's place in the history of the company, Snow White might be their most important acheivement. People like to quote that it "started with a mouse", but we might not be talking about "it" if not for SW. So does that mean that an attraction should be given more attention depending on the success/popularity of its corresponding film? I guess I wouldn't say that, but I do think this attraction deserves better. Why are there still 2-D wooden cutouts? This is a company that could do anything they want. Look at the new bride in HM. They could really bring SW to life if they had a reason to, but I guess the demand isn't there.

I actually watched the original movie with my kindergarten class ealier in the school year and it blew me away. I suppose that's why I keep complaining, but I'm always so disappointed when I leave that ride.

gibson12

This will be my first photo post on this thread. I've really enjoyed it for a while, so I hope my contributions will bring the same feelings to others that your pics bring me.

IMG_2461.jpg

ChuckElias

Since there's already a safari picture this morning, I'll add one, too. My wife liked this one b/c she thought the patches of sun and shade on the ground made a cool parallel to the patches on the giraffe.

46514464412_0_ALB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom