WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

forbidden donut

Backstage Magic

Nancy, our tour guide wraps up our seven hour tour on main street.
39120046.jpg

BeachClubDad

pajammies

We just got back from WDW yesterday - and we want to go back already!! We did the road trip this time from Toronto, Canada - worth the drive, but next time we will fly. Here's some of our recent additions from our trip!
Disney08-2007087.jpg

Disney08-2007090.jpg

O.K. call me stupid, I'll even understand, but what am I looking at here? I have never been to MGM so I'm guessing that's where this is, but what is that? I can tell that that is not a real road and so on in the second picture, (what is that made out of?) and it looks like those buildings in the first picture aren't real either, but is that real sky? Are these real buildings with fake windows and stuff? I'm sorry this sounds so stupid but these pictures are just not helping me understand. Not that there is anything wrong with your pictures, they are quite nice, I'm just not gettin' it.:lookaroun

Timmay

O.K. call me stupid, I'll even understand, but what am I looking at here? I have never been to MGM so I'm guessing that's where this is, but what is that? I can tell that that is not a real road and so on in the second picture, (what is that made out of?) and it looks like those buildings in the first picture aren't real either, but is that real sky? Are these real buildings with fake windows and stuff? I'm sorry this sounds so stupid but these pictures are just not helping me understand. Not that there is anything wrong with your pictures, they are quite nice, I'm just not gettin' it.:lookaroun

It is meant to look like a movie set...and at one time was part of the Back Lot Tour, if I remember right. That part of the tour was pretty cool, as there were several "city streets" with false front structures. There was even a church that sat on a corner, and each side of the church being a different design, allowing it to be used as two separate churches.

Anyway, the second pick is the NYC skyline...the buildings up to the fence are "real" structures...everything after that is painted (onto what, I don't remember. Wood? Fiberglass?:shrug: I am sure someone else knows) Anyway, the sky is real.

It's a san francisco back street painting, with the real sky up top. In this photo, you are looking at it from a close up, wierd angle, so it doesn't appear right. But if you back up and shoot it from the end of the street, it fills the distant background and appears to be a continous street going off into the distance. It's flat up close, but looks 3 dimensional when shot as a background element.

BeachClubDad

It's a san francisco back street painting, with the real sky up top. In this photo, you are looking at it from a close up, wierd angle, so it doesn't appear right. But if you back up and shoot it from the end of the street, it fills the distant background and appears to be a continous street going off into the distance. It's flat up close, but looks 3 dimensional when shot as a background element.

Yeah - sorry - we were just in a rush to get out some shots for everyone, we went a little snap happy....didn't think too much about the angle, the fact that we were there made us excited enough!! The buildings in the background may be fibreglass - we went up to touch them though and they were pretty solid, so I'm not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom