WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

betharina

Kevin266.jpg
oh how i miss the original JII. if wishes really do come true at WDW, why haven't they brought back the Dreamfinder?

nice picture:animwink:

sissa216

I'm going to cheat just this once ;)
A few small pictures:
not from WDW, but related

Here is Chicago's Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
this past weekend

6b613bb9.jpg

81087925.jpg

256f7284.jpg

Gorjus

Cool! I've never seen Snow White's prince....I can't wait until I get to go to the P&P Party!

Before you get all excited about the princes, after the first round of Pirates and Princesses parties, they abandoned the prince idea. During the second round, Snow White was out with Dopey. The princes often cause more trouble than they are worth. Having said that, during the Halloween Party, 2 princesses had their husbands with them, and during the Christmas Party, Beast was with Belle, the Snow Prince was with Snow White, Charming was with Cinderella, and Phillip was with Aurora for meet and greets.

So who knows what will happen for the next round of pirates and princesses.

Having seen all the magical special event fireworks now at MK, I can honestly say that in my opinion, P&P are the best, followed by Christmas, followed by July 4th.

Gorjus

What's funny about a crying and terrified child? Did I miss something? Seems kind of sadistic to me...

If you look at the big picture of things it is not sadistic. The child is perfectly safe. Nothing bad is happening. It is a stage in the child's life and the child will get over it. Most people have a photo of themselves screaming while sitting on Santa's lap. Children love these characters, but they are a heck of a lot larger in life than on the TV screen. Some kids fake their terror, although this child does not appear to be. However, I've seen a number of times where a child will go from looking like this to giving Mickey a giant hug within a 5 minute span of time. This happens if the parents encourage their child to grow and experience things. Some parents give in to their children way to easy and won't allow them to cry ever. See: 3-7 year old children still using a pacifier. Some parents don't want their children to grow up and not need them as much. While each child is unique, MOST children follow a pattern of development. What Lilo is doing (playing Peek a Boo) works really well with children. Grandpa obviously gets it. He has the child in a protective grasp to help the child feel safe, although the boy looks like he is trying to escape. And grandpa seems to know that this is one of those things children have to go through in order to learn that sometimes you have to face what you fear and over come it, possibly embrace it.

My psych lesson for the day.

KeeKee

If you look at the big picture of things it is not sadistic. The child is perfectly safe. Nothing bad is happening. It is a stage in the child's life and the child will get over it. Most people have a photo of themselves screaming while sitting on Santa's lap. Children love these characters, but they are a heck of a lot larger in life than on the TV screen. Some kids fake their terror, although this child does not appear to be. However, I've seen a number of times where a child will go from looking like this to giving Mickey a giant hug within a 5 minute span of time. This happens if the parents encourage their child to grow and experience things. Some parents give in to their children way to easy and won't allow them to cry ever. See: 3-7 year old children still using a pacifier. Some parents don't want their children to grow up and not need them as much. While each child is unique, MOST children follow a pattern of development. What Lilo is doing (playing Peek a Boo) works really well with children. Grandpa obviously gets it. He has the child in a protective grasp to help the child feel safe, although the boy looks like he is trying to escape. And grandpa seems to know that this is one of those things children have to go through in order to learn that sometimes you have to face what you fear and over come it, possibly embrace it.

My psych lesson for the day.

Yes, you've made some valid points, but that's not what I was refering to. A thread dedicated to crying children just seems a little, well...creepy and sadistic to me. I don't derive any pleasure seeing this child, or any other child, cry even if he was the very image of happiness and contentment five minutes later. Something seems a little "off" to me about that.

phenom1307

Yes, you've made some valid points, but that's not what I was refering to. A thread dedicated to crying children just seems a little, well...creepy and sadistic to me. I don't derive any pleasure seeing this child, or any other child, cry even if he was the very image of happiness and contentment five minutes later. Something seems a little "off" to me about that.

jeeze relax its just a joke

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom