WDW Permits Part 5

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973

Noticed the Aunt Poly's permit for mechanical by a company called Energy Air, Inc, that does AC work. Is Aunt Poly's air conditioned on a regular basis or is there something going on that we haven't heard about yet? I'm assuming that to keep the inside of the building from being overrun with mold and mildew, that AC would be required, but could there be more to this than meets the eye? Anyone have any insider info they might be willing to share?

Tom

Beta Return
Noticed the Aunt Poly's permit for mechanical by a company called Energy Air, Inc, that does AC work. Is Aunt Poly's air conditioned on a regular basis or is there something going on that we haven't heard about yet? I'm assuming that to keep the inside of the building from being overrun with mold and mildew, that AC would be required, but could there be more to this than meets the eye? Anyone have any insider info they might be willing to share?

Aunt Polly's is an original building, and one that hasn't seen much love over the years. An updated HVAC/Mechanical system would not be surprising, even if it doesn't re-open to guests. It has a couple floors and included a CM break room. Could just be that they're making it a bit more habitable for TSI cast.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry I haven't updated the permit thread in a while, but just got back from a wonderful two week vacation to California where I got to spend some time at Disneyland for the first time in over 30 years! I will catching up with the permits over the next few days.

yoyoflamingo

Sorry I haven't updated the permit thread in a while, but just got back from a wonderful two week vacation to California where I got to spend some time at Disneyland for the first time in over 30 years! I will catching up with the permits over the next few days.

No worries. Just appreciate it being done at all! And glad you enjoyed California! My wife and I LOVE it there!

Rozzie

I used to be in custodial on TSI every once in awhile, and I can tell you that breakroom had no a/c what so ever. They had temp fans just to cool the room. But I would sweat just washing my hands in the RR. Glad it's getting A/C hopefully

yoyoflamingo

Tom

Beta Return
Another permit for the Pirates Interactive Experience coming to Adventureland:

Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Magic Carpets, Pecos Bills, 4835 Caribbean way - Experience Development - PIRIM AV/AC Package

Not sure what 4835 Caribbean way is. Jungle Cruise is 4845, not sure what else is down there.

Perhaps Jungle Ned has an address. The elements of this game are going in several locations...some of which are currently just planters, benches and other area themes. They may be inventing addresses.

WDWFanDave

Two Buena Vista Construction permits today, one for Star Tours and one for the Tree of Life.
I'm still new to all of this...do they do a particular kind of work for Disney? BTW-you do an amazing job with keeping up with all of these! I poked around that site...whew...so much to go through. Thanks for doing this!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm still new to all of this...do they do a particular kind of work for Disney? BTW-you do an amazing job with keeping up with all of these! I poked around that site...whew...so much to go through. Thanks for doing this!

Buena Vista Construction is actually Disney, and they normally do more creative type work. Unfortunately their permits always use the generic work description of "Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction" so it can be hard to figure out exactly what they are doing.

RSoxNo1

I thought Star Tours already had the next gen addition installed? Is it possible this is something else?

As for the Tree of Life, I really hope this is a fix to the trails and the tree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom